Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2007, 19:57   #61
God Member

Re: Asda Car Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
I must admit when I was at Uni we did have Tesco Home Delivery which was awesome. Being students we could get deliveries at off-peak (i.e. cheaper) times. But I always forgot loads of stuff as I wasn't walking up the aisles and remembering what I needed/wanted as it walked through.

now doing it online for me would work out cheaper cos i wouldnt be tempted to buy stuff i didnt need, which i always do when i go shopping
Old 07-04-2007, 20:00   #62
Resting in Peace

Yeh, but think of all the gossiping in the aisles you would miss Flashy .. LOL
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 20:05   #63
God Member

lol i aint the gossip on accyweb
Old 07-04-2007, 20:20   #64
Riq

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
now doing it online for me would work out cheaper cos i wouldnt be tempted to buy stuff i didnt need, which i always do when i go shopping
Good point.

I have some Malteaser Malt Drink in the cupboard which I bougt on a whim. I don't actually fancy it now when the initial amazment of a malteaser drink subsided.
Riq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 20:23   #65
God Member

lol, i'm terrible for buying things i dont need, went to asda a few weeks ago and ended up coming home with 2 table lamps which i didnt need and a book that i wont ever read
Old 07-04-2007, 20:50   #66
God Member

I use Tesco online, never tried Asda's online service, had the occasional problem but more often than not its ok. I too buy all sorts that I dont need everytime I go to the store, usually for the kids, or crisps and chocs. I like the car park at Asda and think the road layout is an improvement, its much easier getting on and off, the humps are a bit too high though.
Old 07-04-2007, 20:54   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
lol, i'm terrible for buying things i dont need, went to asda a few weeks ago and ended up coming home with 2 table lamps which i didnt need and a book that i wont ever read
Have things improved , it used to be whenever you bought anything electrical , it came without a plug , you either had to buy one or go home and rummage thru a drawer to find one and hope it had a working fuse in it . Guess it goes back to the days when houses had big round pin/small round pin/ and square pin electrical outlets

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 20:57   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Have things improved , it used to be whenever you bought anything electrical , it came without a plug , you either had to buy one or go home and rummage thru a drawer to find one and hope it had a working fuse in it . Guess it goes back to the days when houses had big round pin/small round pin/ and square pin electrical outlets

I think most things come with a plug these days, I haven't bought anything that hasn't come with one anyway.
Old 07-04-2007, 21:22   #69
Riq

Things usually come with moulded plugs these days which is a pain usually.
Riq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 16:05   #70
Resident Waffler

Other countries used to find it amusing that we bought electrical goods here with no plugs on.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 18:24   #71
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

I think theres not enough kid spaces in there, too many disabled!!
Old 19-04-2007, 21:21   #72
Riq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
Are those humps really necessary? They slow everything down but to an absolute crawl at time, they could be maybe a little lower or maybe longer, but not as high. Anything above 3mph your car just jerks up like you have a hit a ramp at 60mph
I went to ASDA for the first time in ages tonight and amazingly they have removed some of the humps, even the one on the corner that no matter how you try you go over it at a funny angle.
Old 15-06-2007, 20:39   #73
Senior Member+

Just to crack your eggs they are
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 19:20   #74

Thumbs up Re: Asda Car Park

Accrington Asda is the busiest in this county to be honest, all because there was no competitor but now there is. Its Tesco and on the other side in the Arndale centre their could be a Sainsburies so competion is good choice/value for us.
Acorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 19:22   #75

...Tesco and Sainsburys and online shopping are now big competitors to asda in accrington. We have used online tesco, sainsburys and asda shopping in the last few years, and sainsburys come out top for quality, price and customer service. Second, tesco and third asda. For the first time in about a year, i thought i'd give instore shopping a chance again and actually went in to asda in accrington. Like previous posts, several shelves I needed items off were empty, so I had to visit both aldi and farm foods as well....not exactly one stop supermarket shopping. Needless to say we are back to online sainsburys or tesco deliveries again now!
carlsbergaddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..