Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2009, 22:19   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Asda Car Park

Asdas accy car park is the worst designed i ever came across, only ever go there fer bits when we run out, i suspect "Ray Charles" was the planning officer. use tesco n tesco online about equally.
Old 03-07-2009, 22:57   #77
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
Accrington Asda is the busiest in this county to be honest, all because there was no competitor but now there is. Its Tesco and on the other side in the Arndale centre their could be a Sainsburies so competion is good choice/value for us.
Sainsburys have given up the ghost on this one Acorn after Tesco's bid was looking a goer ... which is, in my opinion, sad. Was going to be attached to the Arndale centre, and would have given a better alternative to Asda, and chance of income to other traders in town than **** Tesco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Asdas accy car park is the worst designed i ever came across, only ever go there fer bits when we run out, i suspect "Ray Charles" was the planning officer. use tesco n tesco online about equally.
Been around lots of car parks then Cashy ? I think Asda's car park is much improved now. The only issue I have is, when you are exiting the petrol station to get in that right hand lane to turn right at the lights down Hyndburn Road, when busy, are reliant on some kind motorist letting you out.

Last edited by katex; 03-07-2009 at 23:00.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 23:20   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Sainsburys have given up the ghost on this one Acorn after Tesco's bid was looking a goer ... which is, in my opinion, sad. Was going to be attached to the Arndale centre, and would have given a better alternative to Asda, and chance of income to other traders in town than **** Tesco.

Been around lots of car parks then Cashy ? I think Asda's car park is much improved now.
much improved my left buttock.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:53   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
they built accrington asdas car park to be in keeping with accringtons one way system which was incidently designed by a guy with not so much as a provisonal licence and no driving experience what so ever but for some reason he wasnt sacked as he shoudl have been but relocated to blackburn where he proceeded to screw up their towns traffic system as well

teh speedbumps at asda are a total disgrace and to be frank no supermarket shoud have them because if people didnt wander around aimlessley with tehir head up their arses and used the routes set out with zebra crossing they would reduce teh chances of been hit by a car considerably

also big sharp pointy spikes that pop tyres when somone goes teh wrong way down teh one way sytem on asda carpark would be a good idea because some idiots seem to think it ok to nip teh wrong way down teh road to save 5 seconds of precious time oh and while were at it those lazy bastards that leave their trollys abondoned in the carpark should be given 1 warning then banned from the store if caught doing it again

i think thats all for now

yup it is

edit:

people not in control of tehir kids to be imidiatly evicted from teh store

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 04-07-2009 at 02:56.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:19   #80
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Was going to be attached to the Arndale centre, and would have given a better alternative to Asda, and chance of income to other traders in town than **** Tesco.
I don't think it would have helped out the town centre much if at all. When I go supermarket shopping that is all I do. I don't go and fill up the car and then want a walk around the shops after.

Quote:
The only issue I have is, when you are exiting the petrol station to get in that right hand lane to turn right at the lights down Hyndburn Road, when busy, are reliant on some kind motorist letting you out.
Maybe a yellow box would help at the exit but I think many people would ignore it. Maybe they could put extra traffic lights just before the petrol exit. Then cars would have to stop before the exit and those getting petrol could come out and stop at the current lights - I suppose some ignorant idiots would drive through the petrol bit to get in front of a few cars though. Trouble is many traffic systems rely on the general public being considerate - unfortunately quite a few drivers are ignorant idiots (me included sometimes).
Old 04-07-2009, 08:24   #81
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
they built accrington asdas car park to be in keeping with accringtons one way system which was incidently designed by a guy with not so much as a provisonal licence and no driving experience what so ever but for some reason he wasnt sacked as he shoudl have been but relocated to blackburn where he proceeded to screw up their towns traffic system as well
You often find people are promoted to a level where they can go no further up in a business. This often means that people end up in a job they are naff at and get stuck there as they are not good enough to move any further. I believe this happens in public sector jobs like Councils more than in the real world - my place recently let go a chap who was second in command.

Maybe this chap was moved sideways to Blackburn because he had reached his dead weight position
Old 04-07-2009, 09:15   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Been around lots of car parks then Cashy ? I think Asda's car park is much improved now. The only issue I have is, when you are exiting the petrol station to get in that right hand lane to turn right at the lights down Hyndburn Road, when busy, are reliant on some kind motorist letting you out.
Kind motorist letting you out kate, we're back to big smiles and fluttering eyelashes again
Old 04-07-2009, 09:19   #83
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Kind motorist letting you out kate, we're back to big smiles and fluttering eyelashes again
Actually, was a lady who let me out last week Jaysay ...
Fluttering eyelashes just do not work on a man behind a wheel.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:28   #84
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Actually, was a lady who let me out last week Jaysay ...
Fluttering eyelashes just do not work on a man behind a wheel.
They'd work on me kate
Old 28-03-2011, 19:25   #85
Bee
I am Banned

They should demolish ASDA Accrington and build a bigger store like they did in Rawtenstall.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2011, 19:31   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
They should demolish ASDA Accrington and build a bigger store like they did in Rawtenstall.
Why

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2011, 09:10   #87
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381 View Post
Why
Exactly
Old 19-04-2011, 14:45   #88
Bee
I am Banned

Because it is in bad shape.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 16:01   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Because it is in bad shape.
Evidence? - links, photos, audited accounts.
If not supplied - it aint true

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 21:36   #90
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
When I go supermarket shopping that is all I do. I don't go and fill up the car and then want a walk around the shops after.
So endeth the lesson, from today's Happy Shopper.

It also makes rather a mockery, that some of our councillors would have us believe, who were given a million pound bung, in exchange for passing plans for a centrally located superstore, that siting a supermarket in a town centre has a positive knock-on effect for already existing businesses.

Just been on the news, Tesco's profits announced as being up to £3.89 billion, and that they have very nearly a 25% share of all UK sales.

Talking to the butchers in the Market Hall today, that's a slightly higher rise than their current profits.

Not much of the million pound planning bung left now.

Still, we have a bit of nice bunting fluttering from the Town Hall...as the tumbleweed blows past Accy's many empty shops.

Well done.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..