Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2008, 23:49   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Primark..do you or dont you?

Ive been , bought a few stuff from there , really suprised how cheap it is! You can buy a new jumper in there for around £8 and then see the same one in another designer shop for £35. I know which one i would want relevant to who makes them!

However men who have never been primark, BE AWARE! If you go with a woman ,dont expect to be out in 2 seconds , you might aswell bring a tent and camp outside because you`l be in there a bloody long time! Haha! But the good thing its cheap so the bank isnt broke

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-06-2008, 23:51   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
I
However men who have never been primark, BE AWARE! If you go with a woman ,dont expect to be out in 2 seconds , you might aswell bring a tent and camp outside because you`l be in there along time! Haha! But the good thing its cheap so the bank isnt broke
Last time I went, there was just me and my mate, we got the train Left Ginger at home!! Best place for a man when a women is shopping in Primark

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 00:03   #48
Give, give, give member

The men's underwear range they do, Bismarck, is very good quality for the price.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:12   #49
God Member

well you killed this thread didnt you uncle G
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:43   #50
mez
God Member

i like the blackpool primark too, i don't like shopping in manchester so never went & i only went to the bolton one once that was enough.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:54   #51
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
well you killed this thread didnt you uncle G
Knickers. You'll find that betweem midnight and 8am a lot of us don't post, as we're to busy sewing....knickers.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:33   #52
God Member

lol ya daft get
Old 06-06-2008, 12:37   #53
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
i like the blackpool primark too, i don't like shopping in manchester so never went & i only went to the bolton one once that was enough.
You will remember Mez, that is was you first introduced me to Primark in Blackpool, although couldn't find anything that caught my eye, thought the different colours in V-neck jumpers looked to be a bargain. However, having been brought up to believe that you get what you pay for, dismissed them as being poor quality and would not wash well.

A month later took my grandaughter to Manchester for her Christmas present, was freezing and raining. Although I had a small cardigan on, was still very cold. She likes to go in Primark so went in with her .. I grabbed the first cardigan I could find @ £8 and was warm again. I must admit, it washes like a dream and of decent quality, even though it is green and black stripes and makes me look like a bumble bee with stomach ache. Will definitely look in there again.

You got a lovely jacket Mez.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 13:30   #54
God Member

a tip for all of you, dont EVER go to Primark in Manchester on Saturdays, you'll be queing all the way to the door, Reece hates it when i go at weekend
Old 06-06-2008, 16:15   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
a tip for all of you, dont EVER go to Primark in Manchester on Saturdays, you'll be queing all the way to the door, Reece hates it when i go at weekend
I call that child abuse at the worst

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 17:55   #56
God Member

lol so does Reece
Old 06-06-2008, 18:39   #57
Senior Member+

I will NEVER,EVER,EVER stop shopping at Primarni/Primada as i like to call it
I shopped there before it had the millions of fans it has today....we had a Primark on Margate high street and i have been buying from them for years.
I recently said to a mate i dont care how may people slog for hours for a few pence-as long as i get my cheap,very long lasting Primark clothes (i still have clothes that i bought from Primark 5 years ago!!!) i seriously am not bothered.

*waits for negative karma*

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 18:43   #58
God Member

handbags from primark are ace, i cant go in without coming out with at least one, that and sunglasses
Old 06-06-2008, 19:30   #59
God Member

Definitely looks like I am gonna have to make an effort to go over
Old 11-06-2008, 19:45   #60

I can honestly say I have never bought anything from Primark. I have looked and to be honest even if the stuff was free I would not wear it. I have had staff come into work with their cardigans unraveling and ask where they got the item from the answer is inevitably the P word.

I much prefer clothes that last sand last last, I dont have the time or the energy to go shopping every week.

On an ethical note I notice that many people on hear are easing their consciences by talking about 'people being paid pennies in sweatshops' I hate to bring in reality but it is children being paid pennies in sweatshops and often loosing finger or worse before they are 10 year old
polly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..