Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2008, 15:34   #76
God Member

Re: Primark..do you or dont you?

yeah its in the Fishergate(just as you get off the train), they have one in Bolton too (but that one is crap)
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-11-2008, 19:29   #77
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I cannot begin to tell you how much I hate Primark. It is disorganised in layout, the clothes always look creased and tatty on their hangers and it's normally full of smelly people when I go in. Therefore, I don't go in any more.

I can understand families on a budget shopping there but, it's not for me. If I ever have to set foot in the place again, it will be too soon.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2008, 19:43   #78
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

so it is a bit like parkerfranks in the old days
Old 04-02-2010, 07:11   #79
Common Sense Member

My sister and a good mate of mine have the patience to shop at Primark regularly and always dress in very smart clothing which costs virtually nothing. Regrettably, the staff are clearly being paid very little and as a result the one in Preston looks like a jumble sale.

The one time I ventured in it also seemed to be full of clusters of extremely rude people who thought nothing of shoving me out of the way to look at something, presumably to resell on their market stall.

Nothing against the quality of their clothing but it's not for me.
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:31   #80
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Regrettably, the staff are clearly being paid very little and as a result the one in Preston looks like a jumble sale.

I think that is a little unfair on the staff. The are constantly refolding and handing up the clothes that shoppers drop on the floor and leave in a mess after rummaging through the clothes.

I blame the shoppers not the staff.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:36   #81
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I think that is a little unfair on the staff. The are constantly refolding and handing up the clothes that shoppers drop on the floor and leave in a mess after rummaging through the clothes.

I blame the shoppers not the staff.
You're quite right, shoppers seem to have become the most thoughtless group of people in the world. Look at the trolleys abandoned on Asda carpark and how much effort does it take to push them into each other in the trolley bays?

Even so, I felt for those staff. They were clearly being worked extremely hard with little in the way of supervision that I could see. However, my sister-in-law shops at the one in Glasgow and apparently it's immaculate!
Old 04-02-2010, 07:48   #82
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
However, my sister-in-law shops at the one in Glasgow and apparently it's immaculate!
That's easy to explain.

Would you drop clothes on the floor with a Glaswegian shop assistant watching you?
Old 04-02-2010, 07:50   #83
God Member

i hear ya on the asda trolly issue the ignorant morons even go as far to let the trollys bang into other peoples cars and walk away, one particular ingnoramouus got a shock when i booted one back into his legs when i saw it heading for my car and had teh audacity to look at me as though i had done somthing wrong but after explaing my theory on how far up a rectumn an asda trolly could be shoved he went on his way

as much as i hate having to find a quid coin for trollys i think accy asda should fit them as not only do you get morons leaving trollys around teh car park but peopel have started taking teh trollys home then letting them go down the street when they have unloaded tehir shopping banging into cars along the way.I couldntbelieve it when i saw a young chineeses couple pushing two large trollys full of shopping down blackburn road lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 04-02-2010 at 07:55.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 17:11   #84

But if the trolleys are all put back then the trolley boys will be out of a job as they will have little to do.

I have to leave my trolley otherwise I will be responsible for putting my son out of work...

And the pound system is easily bypassed with a token on a keyring, they easily pull out... ;D

I find that women are especially lazy when shopping, always leaving stuff they have changed their minds on anywhere, in the supermarket they even leave frozen food on ordinary shelves so it defrosts & cannot be put back in the freezer.
I always take it back to where I got it, it only takes a minute & I'm likely to se something else I might want on the trip
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 18:03   #85
Senior Member+

Here you put a 1 Euro coin in to get a trolly - you get it back when you return the trolly to the trolly bay. You can also get plastic discs from some supermarkets which work just the same. No lost trolleys around town. Works very well here
Old 04-02-2010, 22:29   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Here you put a 1 Euro coin in to get a trolly - you get it back when you return the trolly to the trolly bay. You can also get plastic discs from some supermarkets which work just the same. No lost trolleys around town. Works very well here
A Euro is a tad expensive .... costs a quarter here ...
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 23:38   #87

same scheme everywhere it seems, but in reality if I really wanted to nick a trolley, a pound would not put me off - I'd simply remove it.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:39   #88
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
A Euro is a tad expensive .... costs a quarter here ...
Everything is cheaper across the pond. If Americans and Canadians had to pay the same as us for petrol you'd be far too concerned with civil war to worry about anywhere in the Middle East....
Old 05-02-2010, 09:56   #89
Common Sense Member

I'll just quickly distance the Canadians from being too heavily involved in battling the Middle East, my last post was lumping you all in together. Sorry!
Old 05-02-2010, 10:06   #90
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
I find that women are especially lazy when shopping, always leaving stuff they have changed their minds on anywhere, in the supermarket they even leave frozen food on ordinary shelves so it defrosts & cannot be put back in the freezer.
I always take it back to where I got it, it only takes a minute & I'm likely to se something else I might want on the trip
Having been a shelf stacker many years ago it was the one thing that riled me more than anything else to find a block of cheese or a pack of ham abandoned on a shelf. I think there are certain jobs that people have to have done themselves to realise the full impact of how annoying it is when other people are thoughtless.

Top of the list for all-time thoughtlessness are people who don't clean up after their dogs. We have an excellent street cleaning team in Rishton with a road sweeper doing the full rounds at least once per week but there are still dog walkers fighting to keep our pavements and green areas dirty.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..