Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Community Talk General Hyndburn community chat.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2010, 10:42   #106
Give, give, give member

Re: Primark..do you or dont you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
I'l apologise if you think I've been shouting my mouth off, that certainly isn't my intention.

Quote:
I'm not quite sure what an American is trying to acheive by posting on an Accrington website but it's entirely typical of you to dive in with an abrasive response without fully understanding the wording presented to you.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-02-2010, 11:13   #107
Common Sense Member

As you asked me to do over on the 'Sunday Trading' thread, all I would ask is that people read my original posts without thinking that they're automatically having a dig at someone. Telling me all about OPEC agreements that I am already aware of had nothing to do with what I was saying and was rather a smart alec way of being needlessly antagonistic.
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:31   #108
Give, give, give member

Quote:
As you asked me to do over on the 'Sunday Trading' thread, all I would ask is that people read my original posts without thinking that they're automatically having a dig at someone. Telling me all about OPEC agreements that I am already aware of had nothing to do with what I was saying and was rather a smart alec way of being needlessly antagonistic.
Eric, in Canada, mentioned the cost of a supermarket trolley there, which prompted you to post...

Quote:
Everything is cheaper across the pond. If Americans and Canadians had to pay the same as us for petrol you'd be far too concerned with civil war to worry about anywhere in the Middle East....
When it was pointed out that OPEC set the cost of crude, and that any difference is down to the relatively large amount the British government takes in tax, you retaliated by asking why an American was posting on Accy Web in the first place.

They were posting, as expats, about Primark, until you decided to bring in oil prices, which as far as I know, Primark don't sell.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:48   #109
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
When it was pointed out that OPEC set the cost of crude, and that any difference is down to the relatively large amount the British government takes in tax, you retaliated by asking why an American was posting on Accy Web in the first place.
No, I retaliated by saying that we pay more for for petrol at the pumps than in North America and that's all there was to it.

Now who's spinning?
Old 07-02-2010, 11:55   #110
Give, give, give member

Quote:
No, I retaliated by saying that we pay more for for petrol at the pumps than in North America and that's all there was to it.

Now who's spinning?

...and introducing oil prices, and threats of civil war, is connected to Primark how?

Old 07-02-2010, 12:29   #111
Common Sense Member

The comparison between prices in America and the UK and the overall expense of things. I understand that the price of clothes in GAP in America is considerably lower than over here, which rather neatly brings us back to Primark.
Old 07-02-2010, 13:26   #112
Give, give, give member

Old 07-02-2010, 15:46   #113
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Ernst Stavro (Accyman) Blofeld, world domination plan "Ah Mr trolley thief we were expecting you". You haven't got a fluffy white Cat by any chance have you ??
if you ever see me holding a cat it will only be while i am dousing it in petrol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 17:43   #114
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if you ever see me holding a cat it will only be while i am dousing it in petrol
Err...... I really don't think that's such a good idea as if you put a match to it, it'll go "WHOOF", then it'll end up runnin' away from itself !!
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:22   #115

Primark... hmm thats novel
Old 11-10-2010, 12:34   #116

I shop at Primark.

It's alright. But i also shop at Next, Matalan and ASDA (George) too

Primark sell some good basic stuff like underpants
Vicbfc is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..