Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2007, 07:25   #16

Re: Fishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
get a license for anywear but the canal..
I'm a member of hyndburn&B.Burn, Clarendon st is fishing it's head off right now, benn twice in the last fortnight and bagged up with roach both times.

Not telling wich peg though!

Nickleson, I know you live near to it, next time you're going on let me know, I might bob on for an hour.

BTW, if ur a member of Hyndburn&B.Burn you can fish all the canal between blackburn and huncoat. Its in the rule book at the back.
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2007, 12:13   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
I'm a member of hyndburn&B.Burn, Clarendon st is fishing it's head off right now, benn twice in the last fortnight and bagged up with roach both times.

Not telling wich peg though!

Nickleson, I know you live near to it, next time you're going on let me know, I might bob on for an hour.

BTW, if ur a member of Hyndburn&B.Burn you can fish all the canal between blackburn and huncoat. Its in the rule book at the back.
Got to be Peg Numer 2.

Wouldnt mind having a fish sometime, shame I cant afford a licence.
Old 19-09-2007, 14:43   #18

What about the chippy - you are always guaranteed a fish !!
Kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 16:42   #19
Senior Member+

spud im on most evening for a couple of hours providing coursework isnt in high demand :O

been on Clarendon st quite a lot and havent caught a single thing until monday when i caught a nice size roach. i was fishing the margins with maggots but some idiots on the pens where banging there garage up with corrogated metal so didnt help i went to the well side and was past the tree it was a hard place to get to but looks rewarding i would ask for your peg but you wont share off up kearns on sat i think or rishton res not sure
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2007, 17:17   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Got to be Peg Numer 2.

Wouldnt mind having a fish sometime, shame I cant afford a licence.
Still not tellin.....pm me bobcat, not seen ya for a while. p.s. lost ur new number,
Old 19-09-2007, 17:26   #21

[ off up kearns on sat i think or rishton res not sure[/quote]

Im after goin on big rishton myself, got some decent bream down there a few months since. If you wanna go down on a sunday, ok, saturday's a no-no for me.

ACCYWEB ANGLERS anyone?

Got a ring to it that one...If we get enough numbers together, a match maybee.
Old 19-09-2007, 17:55   #22
Senior Member+

im up for it ACCYWEB ANGLERS

cant go sunday mate got a christening im up on sat maybe next weekend.
Old 19-09-2007, 17:59   #23

Quote:
im up for it ACCYWEB ANGLERS

cant go sunday mate got a christening im up on sat maybe next weekend.
No problem, next sunday weather permitting, belive me you don't want to fish big rishton on a bad day, the waves are like hills.
Old 25-09-2007, 10:42   #24
Junior Member+

WHEN i lived in accy the coppice was always a decent place to fish
BIGBRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 23:31   #25

not been fishing for a few years now, i caught a about 15-17 haf pound carp up rishton papermill back in 02 think it was not been fishing since then though, wouldnt mind to start going again, forgotten the basics though, how to tie the hook etc
Old 01-10-2007, 16:14   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_ASFC View Post
not been fishing for a few years now, i caught a about 15-17 haf pound carp up rishton papermill back in 02 think it was not been fishing since then though, wouldnt mind to start going again, forgotten the basics though, how to tie the hook etc

Last time I passed RPM it was a tad low on water sadly.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 17:28   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
im a member carpon i have ;

super st.
Think they may have give up Super Street Nickelson .. haven't seen a fisherman for yonks .. just young teenagers having a go. Would be interested as live on the edge of it. Shame, as I can see lots of those rings on the water that fish make. Heron having a ball anyway.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 18:09   #28

Anyone fancy a day on big rishton this thurs? I've heard the water's well down and that makes for great bream fishing...COME ON!!
Old 01-10-2007, 21:12   #29
Senior Member+

Winter slows down fishing means more ducks
Old 02-10-2007, 08:29   #30
Senior Member+

Is there anywhere not local but not that far from accrington where you can pay just for one day? And im always on canal fishing i find that maggots dont work for me i just use worms and i catch with them , what does everyone else use? And btw Winfields are selling good fishing gear at the moment

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..