Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2007, 18:14   #46

Re: Fishing

I us,t to fish at arn-side a few year,s ago and it was good fun.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-11-2007, 08:40   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
Good luck to ya! ......you'll need it!

No really, keep us informed on how you get on.
Will do spud. Hopefully it wont be as cold as last weekend and hopefully them pike will be back out again

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2007, 18:38   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Will do spud. Hopefully it wont be as cold as last weekend and hopefully them pike will be back out again
On the very few occasions I used to accompany my former husband on fishing trips, pike was the 'No, no' to catch. Have I got it wrong ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2007, 20:19   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
On the very few occasions I used to accompany my former husband on fishing trips, pike was the 'No, no' to catch. Have I got it wrong ?
No, you got it very right. They are the the freesh water barracuda, nasty big, sharp toothed critters...
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2007, 10:54   #50
Senior Member+

I think there a nice fish to catch though spud , you not agree? But why the no no katex? Did he not like the fish or did it break his line or something :S ?

Old 21-11-2007, 17:37   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
I think there a nice fish to catch though spud , you not agree? But why the no no katex? Did he not like the fish or did it break his line or something :S ?
Not sure FC. think it was maybe didn't fancy getting the hook out of it's mouth..

I only used to catch eels I'm afraid, probably because there is no way would I put one of the wriggling maggots on a hook and used bread... just had to cut the line though when you caught one.

Even, as just a mere woman .. lol ... do appreciate the feeling you get when there is that tug on the line .. good, innit it ?

Just watch where you keep your maggots though!!Three times they got on the loose .. once from boot of car, and flies emerging through blowers for ages; then he must have left some whilst we went on holiday.. on return flies all over the bloody front window and bedhead; thirdly, one night they were marching along like a troop of soldiers under living room door. Not pleased at all.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2007, 09:59   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
do appreciate the feeling you get when there is that tug on the line .. good, innit it ?
Aye it is a good feeling!

Old 26-11-2007, 09:26   #53
Senior Member+

Didnt go this weekend. Very cold indeed

Old 29-12-2007, 16:39   #54
Senior Member+

Anyone know the website of the trout fishing place in clitheroe or any other pay for day fishing spots around lancashire which are reasonable price because wanting to go tomorrow. Ty

Old 29-12-2007, 17:55   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc: stanley
Anyone know the website of the trout fishing place in clitheroe or any other pay for day fishing spots around lancashire which are reasonable price because wanting to go tomorrow. Ty
Pendle View, Coarse Fishing, Carp Fishing, Game Fishing, UK

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007, 18:14   #56
Senior Member+

ty very much

Old 30-12-2007, 20:59   #57
Senior Member+

Been clitheroe today was quite good , however does anyone know any more fisheries around the area and if they have a website and if they dont does anyone know the price?

Old 31-12-2007, 04:46   #58
God Member

Do you want trout or coarse fishing? Have a look here:fishing or here: www.fishing.co.uk

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 20:17   #59
Senior Member+

bradshaw hall (bolton near jumbles), cornmill (not sure where this is), devine broad oak accrington.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007, 21:24   #60
Senior Member+

Is there anywhere local, to do beachcasting???done blackpool . a waste of time.
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..