Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2008, 14:57   #61
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

Re: Fishing

re Super Street at Clayton, this is now supposed to have secure parking does anyone know how secure it is and where abouts in relation to the water i.e. is it far to walk.?
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2008, 22:48   #62
Apprentice Geriatric

Angry Re: Fishing

Fishing is OK if you kill what you catch and take it home to eat.

Fishing for SPORT is CRUEL and should be banned.

In fact any so called sport that uses any other living beings other than humans to determine the outcome should be banned.
Old 14-02-2008, 23:23   #63
God Member

Just love how jambutty thinks he's the oracle.
"This should be this way" and "that shouldn't do that at all".
All without considering any evidence or any other opinion. 'Triffic.

You cannot move from an opinionated moral statement to an absolute universal standard (without being a bigot).
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2008, 23:23   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Fishing is OK if you kill what you catch and take it home to eat.

Fishing for SPORT is CRUEL and should be banned.

In fact any so called sport that uses any other living beings other than humans to determine the outcome should be banned.
So you appove of boxing where brains get scrambled but pigeon racing is out ?........... time to go and get your tablets changed
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2008, 07:00   #65
Senior Member+

Most waters ban barbed hooks thus causing less damage.Besides you eat fish that has been caught so your causing that fish more harm then we are.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2008, 10:03   #66
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Fishing

I do apologise shakermaker. I wasn’t aware that I wasn’t allowed to have an opinion that differs to others. Learn to debate.

shakermaker is too stupid to think of a counter response to my opinion about fishing so he reverts to insulting me. But then that is par for his coarse. I would remind you shakermaker that it wasn’t me who started with the insults so I will answer you in kind. Get lost you obnoxious creep.

I don’t recall mentioning anything except fishing steeljack.

Oh! I get it! You do not have the intelligence to make your point so you put words in my mouth and add a childish innuendo. How sad! Maybe you should start taking some tablets?
Quote:
Most waters ban barbed hooks thus causing less damage.Besides you eat fish that has been caught so your causing that fish more harm then we are.
But a hook, barbed or otherwise, still causes damage Nickleson and the fish is then placed back to be caught again to be damaged once more.

I would remind you that Nature or God put the animals on this planet as part of a food chain. So killing a fish is a natural activity. Would you deny a bear the right to catch salmon as the fish desperately try to swim upstream to spawn? Catching one on a hook, weighing it, showing it off to all the others and then putting it back to be caught again is downright CRUEL.
Old 15-02-2008, 11:07   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
I do apologise shakermaker. I wasn’t aware that I wasn’t allowed to have an opinion that differs to others. Learn to debate.
shakermaker is too stupid to think of a counter response to my opinion about fishing so he reverts to insulting me. But then that is par for his coarse. I would remind you shakermaker that it wasn’t me who started with the insults so I will answer you in kind. Get lost you obnoxious creep..
Untwist your long johns and try reading my post properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Just love how jambutty thinks he's the oracle.
"This should be this way" and "that shouldn't do that at all".
All without considering any evidence or any other opinion. 'Triffic.

You cannot move from an opinionated moral statement to an absolute universal standard (without being a bigot).
My whole point was that you weren't presenting an opinion. "Learn to debate" you say - how rich. How are you trying to debate at all? You were quite clearly trying to impose your moral views as universal rules; e.g. "Fishing is OK if kill what you catch and take it home to eat" or "Fishing for SPORT is CRUEL and should be banned." or "In fact any so called sport that uses any other living beings other than humans to determine the outcome should be banned."

There's no "my opinion is..." or "it is my view that.." Oh no.
What we are told is "this is this" and "this should be this". This is the Gospel according to jambutty. The Three Commandments for fishing.
Halle-bloody-lujah.

If you want to impose your morals as rules for others then run for Parliament or get a geriatric guerrilla army together, just don't disguise them as innocent opinion.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2008, 17:14   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Conserve Sandwich
I think the sport of 'Pensioner Baiting' should be founded immediately.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2008, 19:16   #69
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Fishing

Not having a constructive argument against my view on fishing shakermaker you attempt to pour scorn and ridicule on it by calling them the “Three Commandments For Fishing” and then turn right around and shoot yourself firmly in the foot and accuse me of “disguising them as innocent opinion.”

Now which is it to be? My statements are instructions or opinions.

You are so intent on your tirade that you just chuck down your usual load of rubbish without thought. Talk about making yourself look ridiculous.

yerself – you have your location down as “The edge of reality”. I think that you have crossed the threshold into fantasy. Fancy quoting a post by someone who does not exist.
Old 17-02-2008, 22:51   #70
Senior Member+

At the end of the day thats your opinion and thats mine i fish so i have more knowledge so i wont result to flaming you as you are rightfully entitled to your opionion
Old 25-08-2008, 15:37   #71
Senior Member+

Anyone enjoyed some fishing this summer then?
Went a few times on the old canal, not much luck tbh. Spent a week in France and caught a few carp from 7lb to 19lb. Not been that much good weather in Lancashire either which hasnt pushed me to go. So anyone had more luck then me?

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2011, 14:22   #72

does anyone know if fishing is allowed on the caligen foam lodge............the lodge ya pass before ya come to the twins?????????
Andrew69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 15:26   #73

can anyone tell me if i need to be a member off a fishing club to fish at the three lodges on the coppice at top of plantation street accington. it used to be hyndburn and blackburn but all the signs have come down.
dave wyld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 20:45   #74

get yourselves a fly rod and eat what you catch, you can't beat a trout on the bbq
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 21:39   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave wyld View Post
can anyone tell me if i need to be a member off a fishing club to fish at the three lodges on the coppice at top of plantation street accington. it used to be hyndburn and blackburn but all the signs have come down.
Yeah it still is Hyndburn and Blackburn as far as Im aware. Your best bet is to go to the angling shop on Abbey St. The chap in there will be more than helpfull.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..