Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk
Donate! Join Today

General Sport and Hobby Talk General chat about anything sport or hobby related.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 09:44   #106
God Member

Re: Grand Slam Tennis 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Murray will not win it he will bottle it as usual, its a shame because he has the game and the shots and the physicality to do it but is mentally fragile in my opinion.
Have to diagree Dave -he's worked on it a lot and showed courage and mental strength yesterday. He lost the last two encounters with this guy and came back from being behind several times during the match. He carried on going for his shots and played some great tennis against a strong opponent.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-07-2012, 09:46   #107
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
He's like the Scottish version of Tim Henman
No way -Henman was a good player but didn't have the natural talent of Andy Murray - there's no comparison for me!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 05-07-2012, 09:48   #108
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
No way -Henman was a good player but didn't have the natural talent of Andy Murray - there's no comparison for me!
Ya well your right one speaks with and English Accent the other with a Scottish Accent
Old 05-07-2012, 09:53   #109
God Member

I really should shut up shouldn't I?

If he loses I'm going to get so much flack from you lot.....

Still think it's his year.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 05-07-2012, 09:55   #110
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I really should shut up shouldn't I?

If he loses I'm going to get so much flack from you lot.....

Still think it's his year.
Well ya sure got that in one Di
Old 05-07-2012, 10:02   #111
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
That i can agree wi,! still don't reckon hes quite good enough though.
Old 05-07-2012, 15:32   #112
God Member

Serena's just blasted her way into another final at Wimbledon. She looks such an Amazon and then seems to be very sweet and mild when interviewed.

How does she get away with the mascara and heavy eye-liner, I ask myself. All that thrashing about and sweating -you'd think it would start to melt and go smeary!

Wish she'd change the outfit though -looks like a chicken well trussed up and ready to go on the spit! Plenty of meat on her anyway

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 05-07-2012, 15:39   #113
God Member

Hoping to see this again tomorrow!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Andy Murray.jpg (42.5 KB, 3 views)

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 05-07-2012, 17:11   #114
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Serena's just blasted her way into another final at Wimbledon. She looks such an Amazon and then seems to be very sweet and mild when interviewed.

How does she get away with the mascara and heavy eye-liner, I ask myself. All that thrashing about and sweating -you'd think it would start to melt and go smeary!

Wish she'd change the outfit though -looks like a chicken well trussed up and ready to go on the spit! Plenty of meat on her anyway
She's built like a japanese wrostler
Old 06-07-2012, 14:57   #115
God Member

Federer back in the final -played some good strong tennis against a Djokovich who was well below par.

Glad he won -didn't dare to hope!

Next match about to start - C'mon Andy

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 06-07-2012, 18:00   #116
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Glad hes done it, one bet i will be happy to lose, but doubt if he will do a real champ.
Old 06-07-2012, 18:34   #117
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Glad hes done it, one bet i will be happy to lose, but doubt if he will do a real champ.
Ya cashy the 7 times Wimbledon champion will be very hard to beat
Old 06-07-2012, 19:16   #118
God Member

He's a winner already!

Making it to the final is an amazing feat -think of how much pressure he was under...

Hope he can play his best against Federer and however it goes in the end that it is one of those memorable matches that goes down in history.

Federer is probably the greatest player of all time -style and class.

They wll both be under incredible presuure on Sunday -may the best man win!

I can't wait -C'mon Andy!:

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 06-07-2012, 19:31   #119
God Member

Tsonga made it great game -always theatrical -rolling around in the grass -throwing himself after every shot and smiling through the difficult moments e.g. being hit where it hurts most!

The best moment of the match! (see photo)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Andy Murray Semi-final win.jpg (93.2 KB, 2 views)

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 06-07-2012, 22:08   #120
God Member

Even before todays semi it was already Murray's best chance of winning this and now he is in the final..Federer is the 3rd seed with Murray the 4th so there's not much between them , Murray has 8-7 wins over Federer on past meetings and I have Murray as favorite to win this .
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..