Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > DVD/TV/Film Discussion
Donate! Join Today

DVD/TV/Film Discussion If you sit in front of a screen and watch it, here's the place to discuss it.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2012, 09:54   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Drugs Live; the Ecstasy Trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Yes you can buy the sassafras oil in tiny bottles containing about 4ml each but as you need about a pint it would look mighty suspicious if you tried to buy that many bottles!

So that knocks the whole thing on the head then... pity, I was just about to start sourcing glassware!
From what I read that is banned now isn't it as it's been linked to causing cancer? Root beer drink used to have it but these days it's been removed due to suspected carcinogenic links.

You'd probably blow yourself up! As another ingredient on there is sulphuric acid?

Last edited by kestrelx; 02-10-2012 at 09:58.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2012, 10:45   #107
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
From what I read that is banned now isn't it as it's been linked to causing cancer? Root beer drink used to have it but these days it's been removed due to suspected carcinogenic links.

You'd probably blow yourself up! As another ingredient on there is sulphuric acid?
Seems it's banned from food and medicine in the USA, not sure about anywhere else. Not sure whether to believe the list in the link below but it wouldn't surprise me if the Yanks had banned all these things, they have that sort of mentality...

11 - 11Points.com

Are you calling my chemistry skills into question? I may be a little rusty, but as for the H2SO4, there are lots of other chemicals needed for the synthesis which could be dangerous if not handled correctly.

On a slightly different subject, the statistics in the link below are interesting. Perhaps today's youth are not as interested in drugs as we thought? Must be us oldies keeping the trade going!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19786264

Last edited by susie123; 02-10-2012 at 10:47.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:49   #108
Senior Member+

Quote:
Seems it's banned from food and medicine in the USA, not sure about anywhere else. Not sure whether to believe the list in the link below but it wouldn't surprise me if the Yanks had banned all these things, they have that sort of mentality...

11 - 11Points.com

Are you calling my chemistry skills into question? I may be a little rusty, but as for the H2SO4, there are lots of other chemicals needed for the synthesis which could be dangerous if not handled correctly.

On a slightly different subject, the statistics in the link below are interesting. Perhaps today's youth are not as interested in drugs as we thought? Must be us oldies keeping the trade going!

BBC News - Is the teen rebel a dying breed?
That first link isn't working.

No I'm not! I would think it would create a lot of mess and take up a lot of space to do that and if you made mistakes perhaps would have to start again. Not that I planned to - I researched it for a story I was researching.

It's possible that Internet and mobile phones etc taking up kids time these days and creating this over all sense of well-being, that previous generations not so involved in technology to this extent didn't experience, and expressed themselves through identities that involved rebelling via taking more drugs.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:32   #109
Resting In Peace

Try this...

11 Foods and Drinks Banned In the United States - 11Points.com
Old 02-10-2012, 14:17   #110
Senior Member+

Quote:
Oh yeh it works now interesting. Part 1 of this program has been put on You Tube by Channel 4...

Old 04-10-2012, 12:34   #111
Resting In Peace

Good news about drug addiction here...

BBC News - Heroin use in young people drops

The number of new heroin and crack addicts has sharply declined over the last 5/6 years, but heroin and crack addicts still make up the majority (80%) of the nearly 200,000 people undergoing drug treatment in this country. Still about 40,000 people being treated for using other drugs making research into these substances to discover more about their possible effects and addictive properties important.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..