Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2011, 23:18   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: Editing and deleting posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
OK, let’s pretend that I’m thick. Is this or is this not a discussion board?
So as not to start another unnecessary thread, I did search, to see if I could just add my comments to an old thread, seeking similar clarification.

I did find a thread started by your good self, which asked similar questions, but it was in the footy section. Hence, new thread.

Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2011, 23:18   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Deep Fried Worms & Snot Cake

Quote:
And your going to lay back and take it.........
Now that is just a troll post like the ones you complained about in Stanley section and have been removed.
Old 24-02-2011, 23:19   #18
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Nothing I can do but abide by a mods decision whether I agree with it or not Think most members will have got the gist of how one of our esteemed members can get away with insulting just about everyone as they so please without warning
What about your rights......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 24-02-2011, 23:25   #19
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Now that is just a troll post like the ones you complained about in Stanley section and have been removed.
No Neil; why can't people express themselves; even at the expense of making themselves out to be idiots. This is a message board at the end of the day. Why does it have to be so clean all the time….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 24-02-2011, 23:34   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
....Why does it have to be so clean all the time….
It is not "so clean all the time" but a couple of the rules are below

Quote:
Abusing Other Members
Abusing other members of this website is not allowed. Debates are welcome but must not become personal or target another member.
All threads started that are personal attacks on other members will be deleted.

Insulting & Nasty Posts
Posts that are just insulting or nasty are not allowed on this website.
They also say this

Quote:
Arguments & Disagreements
If you feel a post is not correct or someone’s actions or comments have upset you, you must not start an argument in the forums. Instead, send a Private Message or E-mail to the user and speak to them directly. You must not question the Forum Staff’s actions within the forums but communicate via Private Message or E-mail. The Forum Staff have the final say in all actions that they have taken.
But I think we appear to have a problem that we should discuss so if it can be kept sensible I think we should try and discuss it.
Old 24-02-2011, 23:34   #21
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Not true at all. You can PM me any time and discuss anything you want. I will reply as soon as I can.

Again, I feel this needs clarifying.

I saw posts had been deleted by a number of members this evening.

The only moderators that are showing as having been online in the last twenty four hours are Stanleymad, who I always assume just moderates the Stanley section, and Mick. Last showing as being online on the forum early mornings, as he normally is.

Why should anyone have thought to pm you?

I know the site as well as most members, but had no idea who had deleted the posts. I assumed it was Stanleymad, as she's the only mod showing as having been online. Though that would have seemed odd, and out of character, if it had been Stanleymad.

I am genuinely failing to see any logic in how these rules have been applied.

There's more I'd like to be able to say, but not wanting to break forum rules, and risk my voice being silenced, I shall air on the side of caution.

Old 24-02-2011, 23:36   #22
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Sorry if this thread now looks a little confusing but I have removed all the posts from the thread that started this discussion and put them into this one so as not to make the other thread off topic - if that makes sense.
Old 24-02-2011, 23:41   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Why should anyone have thought to pm you?
You can PM any mod to ask a question. I get emails telling me I have a PM and try to respond asap, these come to my phone same as reports straight away which is why you often get a fast response to reports.

I am showing as offline at the moment because I noticed most of these annoying spammers appear to register/post when no mods are online and I have been deleting quite a few recently. One posted spam tonight but I deleted it almost straight away.
Old 24-02-2011, 23:52   #24
Give, give, give member

Quote:
It is not "so clean all the time" but a couple of the rules are below

They also say this

But I think we appear to have a problem that we should discuss so if it can be kept sensible I think we should try and discuss it.

I've read the rules many times.

Thank you.

Even though, since this new discussion has started here, and the hacked thread has since been editited further, it is a plain fact that some deleted threads this evening were neither 'argumentative and plain insulting', and until the subject was broached here, at least one post remained untouched, which similarly could be said to be plainly insulting to a named member, and could be said to be rude and offensive to others in general.

As stated, please feel free to reproduce all my own deleted threads, giving the reason they were deleted. To serve as an illustration to others. So we may learn from our grave mistakes, and never attempt humourous posts again.

Old 24-02-2011, 23:52   #25
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
There's more I'd like to be able to say, but not wanting to break forum rules, and risk my voice being silenced, I shall air on the side of caution.
If anyone would like to make any comments but do not want to post in an open thread but wants to do it privately and in confidence please PM me
Old 25-02-2011, 00:03   #26
Give, give, give member

Quote:
You can PM any mod to ask a question. I get emails telling me I have a PM and try to respond asap, these come to my phone same as reports straight away which is why you often get a fast response to reports.

I am showing as offline at the moment because I noticed most of these annoying spammers appear to register/post when no mods are online and I have been deleting quite a few recently. One posted spam tonight but I deleted it almost straight away.
If I think the only moderator who could possibly help me understand my mistake, was Stanleymad, because it appeared it could only have been her that had edited/deleted the post, then lots of newer members have no chance.

Moderators names appear in heavy black type in the list at the bottom of the page, for those who mightn't know, and who might need to contact one, by the way.

I'm a stickler for playing fair, and trying to abide by the rules, and this has left me very disillusioned, to say the least. It seems very heavy handed, illogical, and in the most, totally unnecessary.

That's the forum.

They are the rules.

I guess I can like it or lump it.

Or I might just not give quite as much of my effort as normal, tryinging to be interesting, and gasp, sometimes even humourous.

Old 25-02-2011, 00:11   #27
Give, give, give member

Call it instinct, or the fact that I'm not actually deaf to actual whispers, but it seems there's all kinds of shenanigans going off backstage, and this to me appears to sometimes spill over onto the forum itself.

If my suspicions are right, they're rarely wrong, that to me seems deplorable, and the beginning of the end, for what can be a very lively forum.

That's my last post on this matter.

Old 25-02-2011, 00:15   #28
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Moderators names appear in heavy black type in the list at the bottom of the page, for those who mightn't know, and who might need to contact one, by the way.
The report button sends a message to all mods and can always be used and is probably the best way to get a response quickly as one of us will pick it up soon
Old 25-02-2011, 06:51   #29
Give, give, give member

Quote:
That's my last post on this matter.
Hate going back on my word, but hey ho....

As an example of how posting now seems a bit of a lottery, and rules applied in an arbitrary manner, it seems almost on a whim, I'd like to draw attention to this...

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...y-46638-5.html

A thread in which similar (humorous) insults were flying about, but instread of being deleted, prompted this post...

Quote:
I would like to thank you both for a really good laugh, I was going to offer you my dueling pistols and suggest a midnight meeting in the park but it would appear they are not needed now
Quite honestly I cannot see the logic in how some posts now face deletion, whilst others remain untouched.

It seems almost whimsical, in whether the rules are strictly adhered to and executed, or not.

Can the difference please be explained?

So we can learn how to avoid all this in the future.

Thanks.

Old 25-02-2011, 07:04   #30
Resting in Peace

Editing and the deletion of posts is at the mods discretion
so will change depending which mod is on site at the time
if you have a problem over this you should report it or pm one of the mods
not go against site rules and put it on site.
having said this the mod who edits or deletes a post should also pm the member with an explanation of the reasons for the action.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..