Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2011, 17:40   #61
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Editing and deleting posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Thank you.

Then you can head over to b'burn web, talk to your like minded buddy with no regrets about leaving us?
Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2011, 17:41   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi master View Post
I have said this before and I will say it again. This is a public discussion forum where people can post their opinions on a wide range of subjects this in turn prompts other users to post their own opinions on the same subject (not exactly a hard concept to grasp!) this by its very nature promotes debate on said subject and as every person is different then every opinion is therefore also different and thus you therefore naturally end up with several people expressing several differing opinions ergo an argument! should therefore all threads with more than one differing opinion be removed in the interests of abiding by the rules I put forth exhibit A) an example of a rather lengthy argument which started as a simple post on a completely different subject which became offensive and abusive towards one forum member however remained completely unmoderated. http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...hat-45960.html As has been said before the same rules apply to all or not at all the process of moderation can neither be selective nor prejudicial, it must be completely impartial and consistent in all cases.
Oh your talking about blazey jedi, blazey will cause an argument in an empty room
Old 25-02-2011, 17:43   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Oh your talking about blazey jedi, blazey will cause an argument in an empty room
Yes, true, but the room will eventually talk her around to it's point of view.
Old 25-02-2011, 17:46   #64
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes, true, but the room will eventually talk her around to it's point of view.
Its a very clever room Less
Old 25-02-2011, 17:53   #65

Quote:
Its a very clever room Less
No, it's a very dumb...

The rest of this post has gone through pre-censoring system to remove the need for a mod to delete it.
Old 25-02-2011, 17:58   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Then you can head over to b'burn web, talk to your like minded buddy with no regrets about leaving us?
You cant get rid of me that easily.
Old 25-02-2011, 18:17   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
I wasn't really referring to the person in the thread but merely using the thread as an example of how some threads/posts are moderated and others are not, even when distinctly in breach of the forum rules.

in response to Neils post it wasn't you Neil so you can breathe easy.

Taking this subject to it's very extreme. Accyweb is advertised as a discussion forum and discussion by it's very nature is an argument. If therefore argumentative posting is prohibited, so in turn is discussion, ergo is Accyweb not in breach of advertising laws?
Old 25-02-2011, 18:32   #68
God Member

Geez it's like court room in here talking of which mods main job is to remove spam and keep the forum ticking over so that it runs smooth and to add a further point in accordance with legalities as this site is paid for by the owner means some discussion or posts can't be permitted other wise no forum!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 25-02-2011, 18:36   #69
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Geez it's like court room in here
Seems so sometimes.

Judge, jury, and executioner rolled into one.

All the crowds outside.

Waiting to see which way the wind's blowing...that particular day.

Old 25-02-2011, 18:42   #70
Senior Member+

precisely! the point is that discussion,debate and argument are all part and parcel of accyweb as is the fact that people's opinions are different and therefore automatically argumentative of each other. So therefore maybe it is the system and the rules that are at fault. However it does not deter from the fact that whatever the rules are they apply to EVERYONE and must be followed by EVERYONE and must be moderated EQUALLY. But as you say stanleymad if the rules were followed to the letter in ALL cases of argumentative behaviour there would be no forum at all. So when does moderation become excessive?

to moderate or not to moderate THAT is the question.
Old 25-02-2011, 18:45   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Seems so sometimes.

Judge, jury, and executioner rolled into one.

All the crowds outside.

Waiting to see which way the wind's blowing...that particular day.
Who's turn is it to be the executioner this week G
Old 25-02-2011, 18:58   #72
God Member

Mods don't get paid purely voluntary personally think it's become a witch hunt rather than genuine reasons or constructive help towards end of thread IMHO, this thread alone has broken rule of publically questioning mods, if any other thread/post breaks rules and nothing has been done please use the report button, as we're human and can miss things. Sorry but This thread is now closed and any points raised will be discussed with all moderators.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 25-02-2011 at 19:01.
Old 25-02-2011, 19:24   #73
Resting in Peace

The mods contrary to popular views are human too and can make mistakes
we can only do our best.
If you have a problem please use the report button or pm system.
if you don't we might miss something which is quite easy on a big site like this.
we do need your help.
end of thread
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..