Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Forum News > Feedback, Suggestions and help!
Donate! Join Today

Feedback, Suggestions and help! Do you need any help with the forum? Do you like what you see? Do you want more sections? Any ideas to improve the forum welcome. Any problems please report here as well.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-02-2011, 16:07   #46
Give, give, give member

Re: Editing and deleting posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Call it instinct, or the fact that I'm not actually deaf to actual whispers, but it seems there's all kinds of shenanigans going off backstage, and this to me appears to sometimes spill over onto the forum itself.

If my suspicions are right, they're rarely wrong, that to me seems deplorable, and the beginning of the end, for what can be a very lively forum.

...and I do think peoples' non-forum lives have been allowed to spill over on to Accy Web. Which is very wrong.

Accrington Web
Old 25-02-2011, 16:16   #47
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
...and I do think peoples' non-forum lives have been allowed to spill over on to Accy Web. Which is very wrong.

Not wrong, natural, people do tend to drag 'real world' into this little bit of hyperspace, perhaps, (and by no means is this a form of criticism), you, perhaps, mean, those with authority should take a step back and not allow a mixture of the two when jumping to their own conclusions?
Old 25-02-2011, 16:33   #48
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
As already stated, they, like you can look after themselves, no need for special protection, (from insults), or is this yet another sub context of equality we men will have to put up with?

Play the game as do the others, don't get sexist just 'cos he/she/it does.

No, indeed it isn't a sub context of equality that you men have to put up with......as you so finely remarked earlier if you can't stand the heat......

And as far as playing the game.......please tell me where I haven't played the game, as you call it.

I simply stated that the person in question was male, and seemed to take some pleasure in having a go at some female members on here, using snide comments, personal insults and ridicule as their tool of abuse.
Old 25-02-2011, 16:58   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
No, indeed it isn't a sub context of equality that you men have to put up with......as you so finely remarked earlier if you can't stand the heat......

And as far as playing the game.......please tell me where I haven't played the game, as you call it.

I simply stated that the person in question was male, and seemed to take some pleasure in having a go at some female members on here, using snide comments, personal insults and ridicule as their tool of abuse.
And we men don't have to put up with the same, from this unnamed person?
Nor do we men have to put up with snide remarks from gentlepersons of the female persuasion?
Come on, get real, this is about chat, just as in a real conversation, we don't all say what is liked by all and we don't all enjoy what is said by some, but surely the sterner stuff is what you are made of?
You don't need me to point this out? Or if you do, the phrase, 'get a life', springs to mind, (Personal announcement, the use of the term 'get a life' is not aimed at anyone living or dead, male or female fictional or none fictional, it is only aimed at those, (and is inclusive,(by inclusive I am including myself)), that have to come on to an imaginary site and moan about some fictional way that they, (or others,(or not others as is your personal preference)), are being unfairly treated.

God I hate the P.C. brigade, I remember when accyweb had no rules and a person only stayed because they gave as good as they got!

Whining B's.
Even that's no good we have a swear checker 1000% better than Jaysays spell checker no fun anymore.
Old 25-02-2011, 16:59   #50
God Member

Re: Deep Fried Worms & Snot Cake

Quote:
Again, I feel this needs clarifying.

I saw posts had been deleted by a number of members this evening.

The only moderators that are showing as having been online in the last twenty four hours are Stanleymad, who I always assume just moderates the Stanley section, and Mick. Last showing as being online on the forum early mornings, as he normally is.

Why should anyone have thought to pm you?

I know the site as well as most members, but had no idea who had deleted the posts. I assumed it was Stanleymad, as she's the only mod showing as having been online. Though that would have seemed odd, and out of character, if it had been Stanleymad.
Right to reply as my name is brought up, im online i show online so available to moderate if actions need doing and another moderator hasnt got there 1st and if offline i isnt moderating cos im not on accyweb

If any posts are removed i have decency to inform the person why and any action ive taken are recorded at mod station so any problems are resolved straight away and answerable to my actions, if u havent got a pm, its noted on forum either or!

Doug - re stanley thread i closed it with note & with a pm to the poster causing the problem, you responded on that thread with language [having had warned section so many times for swearing or *'s] the thread was out of hand within minutes of posting, i closed it rather than deleting it straightaway and gave the reasons why, also alerted mod team for any probs that may arise should i be offline.

Hope that clarifies the situation as far as my modding goes and yes im answerable as mod of this site hence my honest reply.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 25-02-2011, 17:04   #51
JCB

Quote:

This happened to me by a councillor of all people .

I imagine he thought he had come up with a great revelation .

Rather childish really , and I just took it as such .
Old 25-02-2011, 17:07   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post

If any posts are removed i have decency to inform the person why and any action ive taken are recorded at mod station so any problems are resolved straight away and answerable to my actions, if u havent got a pm, its noted on forum either or!
This is true, she has a direct line to my P.M. box.
Old 25-02-2011, 17:14   #53
Beacon of light

Quote:
And we men don't have to put up with the same, from this unnamed person?
Seems that way Less....he seems very misogynistic.
Come on, get real, this is about chat, just as in a real conversation, we don't all say what is liked by all and we don't all enjoy what is said by some, but surely the sterner stuff is what you are made of?
I agree, and as in 'real time' talk...conversations get heated, meander...and yes I am made of sterner stuff.

You don't need me to point this out?
No, I don't need you to point this out....but while I agree with a lot of your points, I think there should still be an element of courtesy.....it costs nothing...but hey it doesn't 'ginger' up the threads like a bit of animosity(engineered)
Or if you do, the phrase, 'get a life', springs to mind, (Personal announcement, the use of the term 'get a life' is not aimed at anyone living or dead, male or female fictional or none fictional, it is only aimed at those, (and is inclusive,(by inclusive I am including myself)), that have to come on to an imaginary site and moan about some fictional way that they, (or others,(or not others as is your personal preference)), are being unfairly treated.
So, it is considered 'moaning' to challenge a way that I, or another member of the forum is treated. I must try to remember that in future and moderate my attitude(I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon)

God I hate the P.C. brigade, I remember when accyweb had no rules and a person only stayed because they gave as good as they got!
Me too!.......and as you can see I have stuck around.
Whining B's.
Does that include me? No, don't answer....I can guess.
Even that's no good we have a swear checker 1000% better than Jaysays spell checker no fun anymore.
OK,enough said. My responses are the red ones......sorry about the colour...I forgot it is rude to write in red.
Old 25-02-2011, 17:14   #54
God Member

Quote:
This is true, she has a direct line to my P.M. box.
You're lucky I get a slap round head
Old 25-02-2011, 17:17   #55
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You're lucky I get a slap round head
Yes, but you are still smiling.......
Old 25-02-2011, 17:18   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
OK,enough said. My responses are the red ones......sorry about the colour...I forgot it is rude to write in red.
AND I hope like me, while you were replying you were smiling, nothing worse than replying no matter how much venom you may feel, if you can't smile whilst doing it.
After all, this is FUN?
Old 25-02-2011, 17:18   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Nothing I can do but abide by a mods decision whether I agree with it or not Think most members will have got the gist of how one of our esteemed members can get away with insulting just about everyone as they so please without warning
Are you implying there are esteemed members. sounds a bit clicky to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Editing and the deletion of posts is at the mods discretion
so will change depending which mod is on site at the time
if you have a problem over this you should report it or pm one of the mods
not go against site rules and put it on site.
having said this the mod who edits or deletes a post should also pm the member with an explanation of the reasons for the action.
Would it also depend on the mods mood, or if it upsets him personally or if he feels like getting one up on the poster/s?

I did ask for an explanation as to why this thred was locked but was never answered.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...y-56446-3.html
Old 25-02-2011, 17:20   #58
Beacon of light

Quote:
AND I hope like me, while you were replying you were smiling, nothing worse than replying no matter how much venom you may feel, if you can't smile whilst doing it.
After all, this is FUN?
Of course I was Less.......you wouldn't expect anything less would you?!
Old 25-02-2011, 17:31   #59
God Member

I will pm u mr D reason

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 25-02-2011, 17:34   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
I will pm u mr D reason
Thank you.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..