Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 17:40   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Birthday Drinks

A nice pint or three of Old Speckled Hen followed by two or three good malt whiskeys
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2012, 18:05   #17

Anne's champagne cocktail sounds like one to try -am partial to bubbles for a special occasion -takes me back to a particular evening in Epernay, supping a bottle in the square while being spoon-fed rasperries -happy days![/QUOTE]

It's delicious, the elderly owner of a beautiful restaurant in Skala in Kefalonia told me the recipe, apparently he was a bit of a playboy in the 1960's and if I remember his story correctly I think he was given the recipe from the bar manager at the Ritz at that time. (Or so he said!)
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 19:48   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
You mean your parents let you drink champagne while you were still a baby?
I wish I'd had parents like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Ha ha Dianne sounds like a lovely memory. Haven't done that in Epernay but visted there a couple of years ago and stayed on their beautiful municipal campsite - only because we'd driven all round Reims to find theirs only to find it was now under a building site so we had to journey on till we came to the next suitable place!
It would certainly explain a lot Gordon...but it was actually my other half who was plying my with the bubbles and soft fruits -about 18 years ago. He used to be such a charmer

It had been a very traumatic day Sue -but with a lovely end. We were on our way back from Disneyland Paris to Italy (40°C in the shade -nightmare stuff! I'd suffered a mini-meltdown 2 days before on a Bateaux Mouche on the Seine -not the place to go if you want to cool down!). After an hour on the road I said to husband -we should think about getting some petrol soon -he saw me blanche and without saying anything turned the car round. I'd left my purse and all our money and credit cards in the bedside drawer at the hotel in Disneyland (along with my brain too probably -I'm known for these hole in the brain moments!)...luckily they still hadn't cleaned the room when we got back there!

Went back by a different route stopping in Epernay -gorgeous place -was destiny that we should go there

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 12:36   #19
Senior Member+

a long time ago I walked into our local, to celebrate a birthday of a friend named Joy, on asking what she would like to drink she replied a brandy port & babycham Joy said on tasting the drink its wonderful , our party group had several of these and finished the night legless, from then on the drink became known to us as a Joy special,
(has anyone else been caught asking a friend what they would like to drink)
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 21:33   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
a long time ago I walked into our local, to celebrate a birthday of a friend named Joy, on asking what she would like to drink she replied a brandy port & babycham Joy said on tasting the drink its wonderful , our party group had several of these and finished the night legless, from then on the drink became known to us as a Joy special,
(has anyone else been caught asking a friend what they would like to drink)
Not i anyway, Me usual line used to be= What yeh having before the mild goes off.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..