Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2012, 17:03   #1
Junior Member+

Birthday Drinks

As it is my birthday i would like to know what is your favorite tipple. i will start us off with Henry westons vintage cider, as well as wainwrights bitter and possibly a single malt over ice.
Matt Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2012, 17:05   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Birthday Drinks

Pint of Fursty Ferret
Old 06-08-2012, 17:06   #3
Resting in Peace

I will have a pint of Fosters please and we will be in the Railway on sat 12-2pm ish
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 17:28   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I will have a pint of Fosters please and we will be in the Railway on sat 12-2pm ish
Don't really give a xxxx for Fosters Mick
Old 06-08-2012, 17:37   #5

Happy Birthday Matthew, easy on the Henry Westermans, you know what it does to you!!!
My favourite would have to be champagne as I think you know, preferably with a strawberry or a raspberry dropped into it! Oh and I am very partial to a champagne cocktail if it's done properly - sugar in bottom of glass, two drops of angostura bitters, cointreau, brandy, top up with champagne and drop fruit into it.
But apart from the finer stuff, anything will do really!!!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 18:00   #6
God Member

Sleeman's Ale, Lancaster Bomber, Spitfire, Red Stripe, Tsing Tao, Tusker ... well, any beer but American beer ... Yank beer is like making love in a canoe ... Altho', come to think of it, Samuel Adams makes a few good beers. Crown Royal, Forty Creek ... ok, any Canadian rye apart from 5 Star. Oh ... any bourbon or Irish; don't much like Scotch, unless of course it's free. Any Rum ... but I like Pusser's and Baccardi 151. Gin too ... I'm having one right now with tonic; great for the hot weather we have been having. Don't drink much takillya; it makes me invisible. Rusty nails. Root Beer Schnapps. And a whole bunch of other stuff; alto' I don't get into the mouthwash until the real booze is gone. You might not be surprised to hear that, on my fiftieth birthday, my buddies took me home in a shopping cart. I also find that most drinks go well with weed ... B&B: booze and a bong And it all started when I was fifteen when I had my first in-pub pint of Thwaites mild in the Prince of Wales. Or was I fourteen

Happy birthday, by the way. Eat, drink, and be merry etc.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 18:42   #7
God Member

If i'm not drinking alcohol it has to be a St Clements, if i am drinking, Bacardi and diet coke or vodka and fresh orange
Old 06-08-2012, 18:49   #8
Resting In Peace

Real ale, the darker the better - mild, porter, stout, winter ale. Guinness, malt whisky esp from Islay. A whisky mac - supermarket whisky and ginger wine. A cold glass of rose wine. Red wine with a bit of body to it.

All in moderation!
Old 06-08-2012, 18:51   #9
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Beers, many & varied, I go somewhere Forn' I try the local brew. Single Scottish malts are my main spirit choice all though I'll drink some blends (mainly Irish), but Rum (dark) comes in a close second.
Old 07-08-2012, 14:45   #10
Senior Member+

Im on a sabbatical from alcohol ATM.... but...If I was to drink

Fave beer = Desperados
Fave cider = Henry westons(but they send me loopy, just ask some members here)
Fave whiskey = Red Stagg by Jim Beam
Old 07-08-2012, 14:59   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I cannot drink these days, but used to trough Guinness, Bitter, Grouse, Wine, as favourites many others as loony broth.
Old 07-08-2012, 15:45   #12
God Member

A glass of cool Lugana "I Frati" or their Rosé (Ca Dei Frati) preferably while sitting on the shore of Lake Garda- check out their website:
Cŕ dei Frati - Azienda Agricola dal 1939, Lugana di Sirmione, Lago di Garda. (this is only in Italian I think.) It's a fabulous place to visit -was originally a monastery and has the best underground cellars I 've ever seen -frescoed in the 17th century and beautifully constructed. They have accomodation and you can see more , in English this time, at : Cŕdeifrati dot com which is a different link!

Anne's champagne cocktail sounds like one to try -am partial to bubbles for a special occasion -takes me back to a particular evening in Epernay, supping a bottle in the square while being spoon-fed rasperries -happy days!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence

Last edited by mobertol; 07-08-2012 at 15:47.
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 16:27   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post

Anne's champagne cocktail sounds like one to try -am partial to bubbles for a special occasion -takes me back to a particular evening in Epernay, supping a bottle in the square while being spoon-fed rasperries -happy days!
You mean your parents let you drink champagne while you were still a baby?
I wish I'd had parents like that.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 16:33   #14
Junior Member+

Plenty of nice birthday drinks to mull over, all we need now is some nibbles to soak up some of the birthday booze.
Matt Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 17:21   #15
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Ha ha Dianne sounds like a lovely memory. Haven't done that in Epernay but visted there a couple of years ago and stayed on their beautiful municipal campsite - only because we'd driven all round Reims to find theirs only to find it was now under a building site so we had to journey on till we came to the next suitable place!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..