Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2004, 22:39   #31
Always EVIL within us

Re: garden centre in haslingden

.............and thanks Simon!! Doesn't anyone sympathise with my shrinking wallet?
Old 25-11-2004, 22:39   #32
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
And allow time on the way to visit "Tony's Chippy" 1/4 mile before you arrive at Riggs.. Real home made pies and really good fish+chips, and tony is a real character, You can even eat them on there converted bus round back..
Now we have got to go for that Busman!!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2004, 22:48   #33
Senior Member+

when a company goes bust/liquidates (call it what you want) they do not have legal obligation to pay a penny to anyone - all they do is claim they have no maney to pay anyone and thats that & I know for a fact that quite a few companys were/are owed £10's of thousands of pounds in unpaid bills due to that garden centre closing - the only thing we could do was get an RP1 ( a form for claiming back money owed ) fill it in & send it off and wait.... thats it - all you can do.
And yes I do have a new job - on more money than before & for less hours ! -
I didnt want to do retail again so I gave Tesco a miss - my new job has nothing to do with plants/horticulture but its great - I am toying with the idea of doing my own thing landscaping/gardening in and around Hyndurn/lancashire -
I have the contacts/customers/name of company/website/business plan/knowledge/experience (over 15 years worth) and the qualifications to go with it - I would be quite happy to challenge the already established companys out there for business ! - but for now its in a file on the shelf as christmas is coming !
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2004, 22:49   #34
mez
God Member

oops forgot about the chippy mmmmmmm (he he he he )

you can pay me later willow ha ha ha ha
Old 25-11-2004, 23:02   #35
Always EVIL within us

Good luck with your new venture Glascow guy, We wish you every success when you start it up. .....and you can always plug your company on the Accy web )
Old 26-11-2004, 07:08   #36
Resident Waffler

Yes good luck with whatever you are doing glasgow guy. Unfortunately I can't say come and do our garden because we haven't got one according to HBC.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..