Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2008, 15:06   #61

Re: lazy eye operation

Hope everything goes well, will he have to stay in overnight or will he be a day patient?
Old 16-02-2008, 16:50   #62

Oh the poor thing i really feel for him (and for you), but it will be worth it in the end. Don't forget to let us know how it goes.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 17:10   #63
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
thought i would update this.... Tyler is booked in for the op on the 11th of march at Blackburn ... we have to be there for 8am!
lets just hope he dosent have to wait all day like my little lad did!!....wasnt untill after dinner he had the operation and we too had to be there at 8.00am!!, (probably because there is other kids waiting for the op too!)
it is very boring waiting especially for the parent, but the kids seem ok they have things to play with......but it does drag!!!

good luck

lets know how he went on!

p.s... if you want to know anything else about it just ask
Old 16-02-2008, 19:06   #64
Resident Waffler

Hope everything goes as planned Emma.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008, 11:55   #65
Senior Member+

They get you there nice and early for all the pre-op stuff, taking a blood sample and putting the patches on for the iv line for anaesthetic. He will be fine, it's the adults that are more nervous !
Old 18-02-2008, 11:56   #66
Senior Member+

how will he be after the op? cos we are gunna have to get the bus home, will he have a patch over the eye?will he need time off school? will they sedate me too cos i think i am gunna need it!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2008, 12:01   #67
Senior Member+

If it's a full anaesthetic they won't let him out till he has had something to eat and kept it down. I would imagine there will be a patch on. can you not get someone to give you a lift home or get a taxi ? Less stressful for the both of you that way plus you wouldn't be worrying about what time he was coming out then. Kels had her op on both legs and we were back home for 4 pm the same day, complete with 2 plaster casts ! She was in theatre for nearly an hour and then slept for about half an hour back on the ward before the anaesthetic wore off.
Old 18-02-2008, 13:22   #68
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

my son had the op, on both eyes! he didnt wear a patch or anything like that, he will have to have drops in his eyes and have at least a week ofF school, ..did they not tell you this?....anyway he wont be able to play out either because they wont want him to get an infection by playing outside, getting his hands grubby and then rubbing his eyes.

he will probably be grumpy and tired apart from that he should be fine.....my son didnt even have any black eyes or swelling!, there was nowt there whatsoever, the only scary part was him seeing a bit of blood on his pillow, which was watery ...understandable due to the operation i suppose, also one more thing he will probably get a bit of matter in his eyes which you will have to clean, like ya would have done if they got conjuctivitis
another thing,....try not to worry
Old 18-02-2008, 16:02   #69

My son had his eyes done with Mr Vijakumar. He's a brilliant consultant and cured my sons squints.

You will have to go for a pre op first, so that you can have a look around the childrens ward, and you can ask any questions you may have then (write them down lol)
forceten is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..