Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Was Diana Murdered
Yes! 18 69.23%
No! 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2012, 17:52   #151
Resting in Peace

Re: Was Princess Diana Murdered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
That was George III and it was due to a medical condition not known of at the time (or so we are told to believe)

The interbreeding does turn out genetically unsound specimens at times.

The Queen's hidden cousins: They were banished to an asylum in 1941 and left neglected now an intriguing documentary reveals all | Mail Online
Ya but its only a theory Margaret
Old 28-06-2012, 17:56   #152
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Are you talking 1810 or 2010?
This is how conspiracy theories start!
Would think its applicable to both dates, we know about the George long ago in our history and we have an MP called George who crawls around playing a cat on reality TV in modern times both pots for bluebells
Old 28-06-2012, 18:04   #153
I am Banned

The weakness of the Di conspiracy is that there is no really good reason that anyone would want her dead ... JFK, on the other hand: lots of folks wanted him iced. And as for Oswald being a good shot? I'm a decent shot with a rifle, but the gun he was supposed to have used I've fired one of those Italian pieces of junk, and it was in good condition when my buddy bought it: never fired and only dropped once Hitting the side of a barn from 10 feet away is a good shot with one of those things. But I still think that what happened to JFK is probably something a lot simpler than the conspiracies dreamed up in the media and in Hollywood.

But there you go. Because you couldn't hit anything, this means nobody, including Oswald, could hit anything? It was a very easy shot that has been replicated many times. JFK was moving away at 180 degrees, and Oswald popped off three shots without trouble. I think it was a BBC production, too, that analyzed everything. The single bullet theory has been proved much to the dismay of the conspiracy theorists, and of course, there are those who want to keep conspiracy alive because it is in their economic interests to do so. I believe there was a two house special on the Discovery Channel. Due to multiple camera and sound recordings, a three dimensional model was constructed, and the conclusion was that the shots could not have come from anywhere else but the Texas Book Depository where Oswald was. And he carried in a long package wrapped in brown paper earlier that morning and said they were curtain rods? Buddy, a close friend of mine in Nigeria who was a major bank manager wants to get 10 million dollars out of the country, and he's willing to split it with you. I can't do it for tax reasons, but you..............
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2012, 18:07   #154
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Would think its applicable to both dates, we know about the George long ago in our history and we have an MP called George who crawls around playing a cat on reality TV in modern times both pots for bluebells
You're forgetting the third George(not George the Third).
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2012, 18:22   #155
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You're forgetting the third George(not George the Third).
Go on Gordon, hit me with your rhythm stick
Old 28-06-2012, 18:22   #156
God Member

Quote:
You are not aware of how the royal family obsesses about bloodline integrity, and the prospect of a future king having a muslim half brother is enough to send them into a flat spin.
Sorry hon, this is a tad too contrived for me ... you have muslim councillors, muslim MPs, muslim peers etc, and your biggest ally has a black President with an even blacker First Lady whom Her Majesty seems to like just fine. I just don't buy it. Now, if the future King were to have a half brother who wore a flat cap, clogs, carried a whippet and talked like Cashy ... that would be worthy of an assasination.

Last edited by Eric; 28-06-2012 at 18:30.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2012, 18:26   #157
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Sorry hon, this is a tad too contrived for me ... you have muslim councillors, muslim MPs, muslim peers etc, and your biggest ally has a black President with an even blacker First Lady who Her Majesty seems to like just fine. I just don't buy it. Now, if the future King were to have a half brother who wore a flat cap, clogs, carried a whippet and talked like Cashy ... that would be worthy of an assasination.
I should think so too Eric carrying a whippet, it should be flaming running carrying it must be a flogging offence
Old 28-06-2012, 18:50   #158
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
And as for Oswald being a good shot? I'm a decent shot with a rifle, but the gun he was supposed to have used I've fired one of those Italian pieces of junk, and it was in good condition when my buddy bought it: never fired and only dropped once Hitting the side of a barn from 10 feet away is a good shot with one of those things.D
Eric, I agree it's hardly a snipers rifle but several marksmen duplicated Oswald's results( speed,range, accuracy score) using that same rifle and Oswald had qualified as a sharpshooter and marksman not that long before.
Accepting that he did it he must have felt he could do it using that rifle(perhaps he wasn't too worried whether he killed or not, as long as he made his point). And it worked better than he expected.
The test results on the rifle, carried out by a variety of independent shooters, are facts, unlikely but still facts.
Maybe he was just lucky and Kennedy was unlucky.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 01:55   #159
I am Banned

Quote:
Eric, I agree it's hardly a snipers rifle but several marksmen duplicated Oswald's results( speed,range, accuracy score) using that same rifle and Oswald had qualified as a sharpshooter and marksman not that long before.
Accepting that he did it he must have felt he could do it using that rifle(perhaps he wasn't too worried whether he killed or not, as long as he made his point). And it worked better than he expected.
The test results on the rifle, carried out by a variety of independent shooters, are facts, unlikely but still facts.
Maybe he was just lucky and Kennedy was unlucky.
Have you seen the shots he made through a telescopic lens? They weren't even lucky shots.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:47   #160
God Member

Quote:
This article is an eye opener - assassinations happen more often than we think.

Intelligent kill: The dirty art of secret assassination | | Independent Editor's choice Blogs
I don't usually quote myself but needed to remind you of that post.

Today a FACT has emerged that Yasser Arafat was assassinated.
Yasser Arafat 'poisoned with Polonium' - Telegraph

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:14   #161
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Fact me arse..........Under headline it says "May" have, how the hell is that a fact?
Old 04-07-2012, 12:16   #162
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Fact me arse..........Under headline it says "May" have, how the hell is that a fact?
I suppose it could have been self administered

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 13:15   #163
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Say what yeh wish, Headline says one thing, sub headline says may have been, To me thats press sensationalism to sell papers, which they all are guilty of, I stop reading when that occurs, some carry on n swallow it all.
Old 04-07-2012, 14:17   #164
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

The only thing murdered was 'candle in the wind', at the funeral.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 17:32   #165
Resting in Peace

Quote:
In which case its not murder is it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..