Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Was Diana Murdered
Yes! 18 69.23%
No! 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2012, 16:54   #76
God Member

Re: Was Princess Diana Murdered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
... do I think she was murdered?

No.

I think she died because she wasn't wearing a seat belt.
I totally agree -lost my brother-in-law for the same reason 9 yrs ago.

Funny how all these icons who meet a premature death end up at the center of a murder conspiracy.

Unless, of course, they were 27 at the time and we know they just wanted to join the club...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-05-2012, 18:14   #77
Beacon of light

it doesn't make any difference whether we think she was murdered or not.....it doesn't make her any less dead.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 20:07   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
it doesn't make any difference whether we think she was murdered or not.....it doesn't make her any less dead.
And a messy end it was too: well, "the paths of gory lead but to the grave"
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 20:16   #79
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Written by the gents that wrote the Likely Lads, Porridge, Auf Wiedersehen, Pet to name but a few.
Still it makes a good story.
What you trying to say? Doesn't matter that it was written by these people it was based on fact - Michael X was a real character who was involved in murdering a Tories daughter, the bank job took place as stated. But as usual with many events can't be proved - reality is a strange beast.

People who do wrong are let off every day in court becasue they got a clever lawyer who picked holes in the evidence, so reality and events are often open to negotiation as there is many times there is just not enough witnesses and evidence to prove issues and what definately happened.

Last edited by kestrelx; 27-05-2012 at 20:18.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 20:20   #80
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
And a messy end it was too: well, "the paths of gory lead but to the grave"
It is a path we all tread.......some of us at a sedate pace...others rush headlong into eternity.
I know what my choice is.

The old feller next door(just turned 80) said to me yesterday 'eh, there is nowt great about getting old'
I told him that it beats the hell out of the alternative!
Old 27-05-2012, 20:24   #81
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
What you trying to say? Doesn't matter that it was written by these people it was based on fact - Michael X was a real character who was involved in murdering a Tories daughter, the bank job took place as stated. But as usual with many events can't be proved - reality is a strange beast.

People who do wrong are let off every day in court becasue they got a clever lawyer who picked holes in the evidence, so reality and events are often open to negotiation as there is many times there is just not enough witnesses and evidence to prove issues and what definately happened.
I wasn't trying to say anything. Merely providing background to your post. If you wish to believe a movie, well that's up to you

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 20:29   #82
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post

Sounds like those shows on tv which "document" the search for Nessie or the Sasquatch

... most of what is written, including fiction, is based on fact; if it were not, it wouldn't make any sense to a reader, or viewer. And I certainly don't think "reality" is all that appropriate. Whenever there's a high profile death, there's always a "grassy knoll" lurking around so that sensationalists can make a whole bunch of money. She was a celeb, ok; but celebs die ordinary deaths too ... drunk driver; no seatbelt: ordinary and stupid.
Old 27-05-2012, 20:41   #83
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Written by the gents that wrote the Likely Lads, Porridge, Auf Wiedersehen, Pet to name but a few.
Still it makes a good story.
Quote:
If you wish to believe a movie, well that's up to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Sounds like those shows on tv which "document" the search for Nessie or the Sasquatch

... most of what is written, including fiction, is based on fact; if it were not, it wouldn't make any sense to a reader, or viewer. And I certainly don't think "reality" is all that appropriate. Whenever there's a high profile death, there's always a "grassy knoll" lurking around so that sensationalists can make a whole bunch of money. She was a celeb, ok; but celebs die ordinary deaths too ... drunk driver; no seatbelt: ordinary and stupid.
Thanks guys for saving me having to put down my thoughts. I'm with you on this one.
Old 27-05-2012, 20:55   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Thanks guys for saving me having to put down my thoughts. I'm with you on this one.
As you aren't putting down your thoughts, you might just as well listen to a little John Fogerty

Old 27-05-2012, 21:00   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It is a path we all tread.......some of us at a sedate pace...others rush headlong into eternity.
I know what my choice is.

The old feller next door(just turned 80) said to me yesterday 'eh, there is nowt great about getting old'
I told him that it beats the hell out of the alternative!
I wonder if Jaysay will get on my case about the "typo" ... I had to think about it ... to him it would come naturally ... a true creative genius that lad
Old 27-05-2012, 22:51   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
I wasn't trying to say anything. Merely providing background to your post. If you wish to believe a movie, well that's up to you
I'm not believing "a movie" I am acknowledging that it was based on some facts. Society in the 60's and 70's was riddled with Police corruption and sexual impropriety and there are many coverups of such activites.

The issue is that any events are always seen differently by the people who see an event and this is well accepted already which is why we have Lawyers - however the way the system works some Lawyers can get people off, even though they were guilty.

What I'm saying is peoples version of events is usually in conflict.

Jill Dando is another case, an incident occuring in broad daylight in a nice urban street and still no one has been prosecuted for it. No one knows who dunit!?

Last edited by kestrelx; 27-05-2012 at 22:59.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 06:56   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The one thing i find odd wi "Dianes" end, Is the fact the majority i have spoke too oer the years seem to think she was topped. In other cases it seems a Minority view?
Old 28-05-2012, 07:00   #88
Beacon of light

Cashy, she was perceived as a bit of a 'loose cannon' by those in the higher echelons.....so if in the dim and distant future, evidence does come out that she was 'terminated' then, from wherever I am deposited in the after life.....I won't be surprised.
Old 28-05-2012, 07:01   #89
JFT96

Good point Cashy, I just cannot believe she was murdered, if she had worn her seatbelt, she would have survived.
I have just read that no one in the car were wearing seatbelts, the bodyguard survived due to the airbags. The impact speed is estimated at 65 mph, survivable in a S Class.

I would have tampered with the private jet they used to fly up to Paris, it's cleaner and more importantly there is little left afterwards.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 28-05-2012 at 07:10.
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 07:17   #90
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Good point Cashy, I just cannot believe she was murdered, if she had worn her seatbelt, she would have survived.
Oh i don't disagree, Maybe Dodi was the real target? It would be pretty well known i would think,that he was averse to wearing a seat belt?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..