Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2008, 18:03   #31
Senior Member+

Re: 13yr old boy falls

the boy you all talkin about is the son of my friend, yeah u all rite, the same way i feel,that kids shoudnt been on that building on the 1st place, at 13 im sure u know tht it is wrong to go in places like that, but there u go, like someone said earlier, boys will be boys
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-06-2008, 18:15   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Well actually I'm speaking from the POV that the majority of british citizens earn minimum wage and it is often nowhere near enough to live on, nevermind have money to treat yourself once in a while.

He could sue and pay for an education, or put it in savings and use it to put a deposit on a house in the future. Why not gain from the misery?

I'm not a lawyer yet, so don't treat me like one. I am a student with no money, and yes, money does often motivate me. Does that make me a bad person? How many people do the lottery every week in the hope of winning millions? People NEED money, its not even a case of just WANTING it.
Well blazey if that is the only reason your taking a law degree god help us all, People go to work for money, but that was never what drove me, I also loved doing my job, Its was an added bonus that I got paid for doing something I always wanted to do and whats more enjoyed doing.
Old 26-06-2008, 18:16   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well blazey if that is the only reason your taking a law degree god help us all, People go to work for money, but that was never what drove me, I also loved doing my job, Its was an added bonus that I got paid for doing something I always wanted to do and whats more enjoyed doing.
I don't even know how much lawyers earn yet I suppose I will find out in a few weeks though.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 10:59   #34
Senior Member+

"But there is one way in this country in which all men are created equal-there is one human institution that makes a pauper the equal of a Rockefeller, the stupid man the equal of an Einstein, and the ignorant man the equal of any college president. That institution, gentlemen, is a court."

- Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird

Anyone who believes the above quote in this day and age truely has ones head up ones backside!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 13:19   #35
God Member

hope the lads ok , years ago a friend of the family fell through pilkingtons bus depot roof and was in a bad way for a while , luckily his head just missed an object that would have killed him for sure, i dont think he went back up on a roof for a while either

there used to be derelect buildings where aldi used to be and all the kids used to play in them and on the roofs,teenagers especialy boys like to explore and occasionaly some get hurt its a fact of life and shoulnt be sueable

whats that old saying

if you fall off that roof and break both your legs dont come running to me

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 13:21   #36
God Member

Quote:
I don't even know how much lawyers earn yet I suppose I will find out in a few weeks though.
i think it works on a scale , those willing to tell more lies and twist the truth more get paid more so basicly its down to how low your morals can go as to how rich you will become

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 28-06-2008, 13:30   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i think it works on a scale , those willing to tell more lies and twist the truth more get paid more so basicly its down to how low your morals can go as to how rich you will become
How long have they had morals accyman, anybody who will defend scum like Bradey Huntly Neilson ect will sup with the devil
Old 28-06-2008, 13:42   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman
Aren't you confusing them with politicians? Hold on you're not. Aren't a sizeable proportion of the House of Commons lawyers by profession?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 13:47   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I once injured myself at school, but there is apparently often a difficulty of proving injuries at school. I feel down a full flight of wet steps that didn't have a caution sign.
At least you were lucky - you landed on your head.Anywhere else you could have done some damage.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 13:50   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
How long have they had morals accyman, anybody who will defend scum like Bradey Huntly Neilson ect will sup with the devil

theres a lot of money to be made out of getting the guilty to walk out of court free just look at the OJ simpson trial ( younger readers dont worry marge isnt dead ) his solicitor became the hottest tallent in america and made millions out of the case he won even though he knew simpson was guilty as sin

he also dragged decent peoples reputations through the gutter by branding them racists and hurt a lot of peoples lifes and careers

Old 28-06-2008, 13:52   #41
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
At least you were lucky - you landed on your head.Anywhere else you could have done some damage.
how ya know it hasnt?
Old 28-06-2008, 16:21   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
the boy you all talkin about is the son of my friend, yeah u all rite, the same way i feel,that kids shoudnt been on that building on the 1st place, at 13 im sure u know tht it is wrong to go in places like that, but there u go, like someone said earlier, boys will be boys
Is he indeed well pass a message on please....

Keep out of other peoples property next time then you wont get hurt will you! Its your own fault and if there is damage to the building caused by you id sue you or your parents for it.
Old 28-06-2008, 17:22   #43
God Member

Nice guys finish last.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 17:54   #44
God Member

Thats right blazey, to a degree, but it is also the reason I have many happy customers in Accrington, and travel a fair way on my reputation, I will never be rich, but can sleep nights and will surely go to heaven when I die, as jaysay said earlier, it is very nice to do work you really enjoy, and its a privelage to be paid for it too. It possibly wont be a nice guy who owns the factory, the lad may well be a nice kid, but he could also have been a dead kid, through his own stupidity, the biggest fault the building owner has in this case is perhaps lack of signposting and maybe a lack of maintenence, but if it is derelict, it aint earning him any money.

Last edited by derekgas; 28-06-2008 at 17:57.
derekgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2008, 18:11   #45
God Member

Quote:
Nice guys finish last.
and everyone loves a bastard

thats the way the world goes

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..