Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/missing-child-in-portugal-madeleine-mccann-30497.html)

panther 15-05-2007 17:08

re: Missing child in Portugal - Madeleine McCann

saying now that they cant tell you who the suspect is, what are they talking about? im all confused now

Traceyb37 15-05-2007 17:10

They saying they have searched 5 houses! saying the people questioned are not suspects !!:mad:

Same thing every time they hold a press conference!

slinky 15-05-2007 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 424741)
saying now that they cant tell you who the suspect is, what are they talking about? im all confused now

there laws say they cant name the suspect.......but our reporters can, thats why we have been told who the suspect is.

panther 15-05-2007 18:25

ahhhh got ya!

WillowTheWhisp 15-05-2007 19:06

I think I can see their point in not saying much because then the suspects are less likely to panic. The child's safety is the most important thing.

junetta 15-05-2007 19:26

I just read that the parents dropped the twins off at a creche. Not having been through anything like this, thank God, but I feel a bit surprised. I'm sure I'd hang on to them like grim death and never let them out of my sight.

What do you reckon?

grego 15-05-2007 19:27

I think they're just trying to keep things normal for them and with all the interviews etc it would have an effect on the little ones.

Margaret Pilkington 15-05-2007 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 420856)
I hope this all ends with a favourable outcome, but it is beginning to have the Holly and Jessica feel to it.

This was my feeling, quite a while ago. Post #104

WillowTheWhisp 15-05-2007 20:09

I feel sorry for the poor parents. Whatever they do now regarding their children will always be criticised. If it was me I'd want them to be with family, grandparents maybe, but certainly not in the media circus which is surrounding the parents. They probably did make the right choice here just to keep them out of the publicity.

West Ender 15-05-2007 20:18

I haven't contributed to this thread up to now because my saying, "I hope they find her" etc., won't help and I don't see the point in repeating what's already in the media. I do feel, however, that the Media concentration on the "suspect" is getting out of hand.

The man in question may or may not be involved, I can't form an opinion because I am not there and I'm not privvy to any evidence, but the Press has already tried him and found him guilty. An article in the Daily Express refers to his having a "steely gaze" (so he must be guilty or, at least, shifty). It does, later, say that he has a glass eye. It refers to his always being around the police and "trying to get involved". It then goes on to say that he used to work as an interpreter with Norfolk Police - which may or may not have given him some impulsion to want to work with the Portugese Police. Most guilty fact of all - he lives close to the holiday complex - so that's it then, all wrapped up in a nutshell.

The impression I get from all this is that the Portugese Police have been inefficient from the start. With no other evidence than a "suspicion" by a British woman reporter they have dilligently searched for clues in this man's home and questioned him. This is nearly 2 weeks after the child disappeared. There is still no charge.

They may have got lucky, this man may be involved and they may solve the case. On the other hand, it may be a false trail and a waste of precious time.

Lilly 15-05-2007 20:48

Very shortly on Sky news they will be showing an interview with the main suspect in the Madeleine McCann case.I wouldn't have thought it appropriate under the circumstances for him to be speaking to the media.It's strange how the police can reveal so little information yet it's ok for the main suspect to be interviewed on television.

davo69 15-05-2007 20:52

they seem to have a very funny way the police over there

Lilly 15-05-2007 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by junetta (Post 424848)
I just read that the parents dropped the twins off at a creche. Not having been through anything like this, thank God, but I feel a bit surprised. I'm sure I'd hang on to them like grim death and never let them out of my sight.

What do you reckon?

I think it's good that the parents have not lost sight of the fact that most people in life are good and trustworthy and have entrusted their twins to the care of the creche staff despite Madeleine's abduction from their apartment.I think they made a very sensible decision as it would not be healthy for the parents or the twins if they were to never let them out of their sight again.

lillypad 15-05-2007 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 424933)
I think it's good that the parents have not lost sight of the fact that most people in life are good and trustworthy and have entrusted their twins to the care of the creche staff despite Madeleine's abduction from their apartment.I think they made a very sensible decision as it would not be healthy for the parents or the twins if they were to never let them out of their sight again.

totally agree with you on that one lilly! You have to keep a certain amount of normal for the twins sake! I bet it wasn,t an easy decision to make!:confused:

panther 16-05-2007 09:32

is there still no news?