Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   ACCYWEB Meeting Venue? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/accyweb-meeting-venue-31787.html)

Rosebud 29-06-2007 22:18

ACCYWEB Meeting Venue?

I was looking through some of the pictures of your meetings elsewher on the site and would like to ask a question. Is the venue you use a BNP pub or did the meeting coincide with an international football match. It looked like a National Front conference.

WillowTheWhisp 29-06-2007 22:20

Re: ACCYWEB Meeting Venue?

Which one? The meetings are at different pubs etc each time.

Rosebud 29-06-2007 22:22

It was a few weeks ago that I saw the photos and cant seem to find them now- lots of union jacks everywhere.

Wynonie Harris 29-06-2007 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosebud (Post 441977)
lots of union jacks everywhere.

So how does that make a pub a BNP venue?

buttonsmum 29-06-2007 22:24

No, it was probably at the stag, with people who are proud to be english flying the national flag.

WillowTheWhisp 29-06-2007 22:26

Without seeing the actual pics and knowing the date I can't remember any specific reason for union jacks. It may have been some particular celebration but there have been so many meets. If you'd picked out a hallowe'en one for instance you might have been misled into thinking we are all witches and devil worshippers. :D

harwood red 29-06-2007 22:26

Yes, it was the stag and it was during the world cup, so I think everyone was flying the flag somewhere..

I know I had my union jack knickers on that night :D:rolleyes:;):p

buttonsmum 29-06-2007 22:27

ssssssshhhh willow don't tell them all our secret :D

Rosebud 29-06-2007 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 441978)
So how does that make a pub a BNP venue?

Because most BNP, National Front, Combat 18 favoured haunts are adourned with Union Jacks.
I know it is unfair that the flag has been tarnished in this way- but it has. Therefore when a pub permanently displays the flag on its walls it usually (though I accept not always) reflects the political belief of the owner or patrons or both.

harwood red 29-06-2007 22:29

well if thats the case ask mani how he managed to get in then :D

WillowTheWhisp 29-06-2007 22:30

Oh yes there were a couple of England footie flags pinned to the wall at the Stag - most of the taxis in town were flying car flags at the time too and I don't think the Asian drivers were all BNP members :D

Rosebud 29-06-2007 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 441981)
Without seeing the actual pics and knowing the date I can't remember any specific reason for union jacks. It may have been some particular celebration but there have been so many meets. If you'd picked out a hallowe'en one for instance you might have been misled into thinking we are all witches and devil worshippers. :D

Is that not the case then because if not I have been seriously misinformed.

WillowTheWhisp 29-06-2007 22:31

The flags weren't there permanently. At other times there would be other decorations.

This is just a silly wind up.

Anyway they weren't Union Jacks, they were England flags and had the Carlsberg logo on too.

Rosebud 29-06-2007 22:33

I was only asking the question- as it has now been clarified that it was during the world cup it is clearer to me.
Didn't expect the sarcastic responses.

harwood red 29-06-2007 22:35

actually come to think of it, they did have the flags up most of the time, along with the stag on the wall and a million other things.... but they were never anti anyone...unless they couldn't pay for their beer of course :D