Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2005, 13:25   #46
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: 37p

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
Having been a school governor for 20 years, I seem to remember that the 37p is a subsidy on top of what parents pay.......................As always, those who can pay, do pay both ways
Thats just about what I expected! The money for free school meals should not come from the school. The school should calculate the amount required for a school meal and subtract the 37p subsidy, this is the amount paying parents should pay.

For the free meals children the schools should claim the money for their meals from DSS or IS or whoever decided those parents don't need to pay. Paying parents should not by charged the extra.

Eventually we appear to have got to the bottom of the 37p. It is not supposed to pay for all the meal, just subsidise it. If Jamie Oliver is trying to produce meals for 37p he must not understand this.
Old 30-03-2005, 13:26   #47
I am Banned

Well they will bow down to pressure but they haven't really made much a diff n us parents arn't stooopid as to why they are doing it .....mmmm bagsy who wants my vote?!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2005, 13:29   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Eventually we appear to have got to the bottom of the 37p. It is not supposed to pay for all the meal, just subsidise it. If Jamie Oliver is trying to produce meals for 37p he must not understand this.
Thankgod for that I've just been reading this thread thinking it doesn't make sense !! So it's not me that's thick it's Jamie Oliver phew
Old 30-03-2005, 13:31   #49
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
Well they will bow down to pressure but they haven't really made much a diff n us parents arn't stooopid as to why they are doing it .....mmmm bagsy who wants my vote?!!
Sadly a lot of people [those that bother to vote,] aren't as intelligent as you.

Look who was elected into leading HBC.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2005, 13:35   #50
I am Banned

PMSL Garinda tell me about it to much niaveness or gullableness HBC is a shambles atm lol tho ta 4 the compliment

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Sadly a lot of people [those that bother to vote,] aren't as intelligent as you.

Look who was elected into leading HBC.
Old 30-03-2005, 13:38   #51
I am Banned

Eh im confused!!!! so whats the 37p bit then?? subsidised to how much?! oh brain ache the school according to the prog subsidises the extra do they dont they ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Thankgod for that I've just been reading this thread thinking it doesn't make sense !! So it's not me that's thick it's Jamie Oliver phew
Old 30-03-2005, 13:38   #52
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
So it's not me that's thick
Can I reserve judgement on that for a while longer please?
Old 30-03-2005, 13:40   #53
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
so whats the 37p bit then
The 37p is the bit the government give to the school to go towards the meal not for the meal. That is why it is a subsidy and not the total cost.
Old 30-03-2005, 13:44   #54
Give, give, give member

l'm just glad kids still get subsidised or free meals whilst at school. l bet they've thought of stopping them altogether.
When Thatcher was Minister for Education in Heath's Government she stopped the free milk for every child that we used to get.
[It was always a bit warm, and made me feel peculiar!]

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2005, 13:45   #55
God Member

Quote:
Can I reserve judgement on that for a while longer please?
You can you cheeky boy but only because I'm still reserving judgement on it myself!!

I sort of saw abit of it last night but me and Slinky were on the wine so I can't remeber alot of what happened !!
Old 30-03-2005, 14:04   #56
I am Banned

Ah thanx Neil i understand now tis all confusing all these figures tho suppose then the standard are attributed to the LEA n the schools funding to top it up ie why they charge £1.50 n its just gone up an all

Quote:
The 37p is the bit the government give to the school to go towards the meal not for the meal. That is why it is a subsidy and not the total cost.
Old 30-03-2005, 14:06   #57
I am Banned

Yeh i remember that LOL cheeky kids warm milk pmsl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
l'm just glad kids still get subsidised or free meals whilst at school. l bet they've thought of stopping them altogether.
When Thatcher was Minister for Education in Heath's Government she stopped the free milk for every child that we used to get.
[It was always a bit warm, and made me feel peculiar!]
Old 30-03-2005, 16:07   #58
I am Banned

why do people keep saying jamie is sayin 37p to put a bit of a spin on the situation

the fact is the head teacher who has her budget given to her from the government which is 37p gave jamie that target he didnt make it up himself thats why he is infuriated that he cant make a decent health meal for that amount
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2005, 16:23   #59
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
why do people keep saying jamie is sayin 37p to put a bit of a spin on the situation.........
The Head must be trying to use the 37p subsidy to pay for the whole meal so as not to charge any children extra. Unless of course the majority of the children get free meals so the Head can't rip off any paying parents!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..