Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   I find this totally hilarious... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/i-find-this-totally-hilarious-43997.html)

mani 19-11-2008 13:35

Re: I find this totally hilarious...

BNP Near Me?

K-P 19-11-2008 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 652522)
I think a law was passed in 2004 that made it illegal for police officers to join the BNP.

In that case it wouldnt effect officers who are already a member.

I dont have any time for racism. But I do believe everyone has a choice.. thats what life is about. the officer should be allowed his choice just like anyone else... Other officers made other choices... Do they still stop gays from joining?

So long as he does his job properly then it doesnt matter IMHO

cashman 19-11-2008 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-P (Post 652526)
In that case it wouldnt effect officers who are already a member.

I dont have any time for racism. But I do believe everyone has a choice.. thats what life is about. the officer should be allowed his choice just like anyone else... Other officers made other choices... Do they still stop gays from joining?

So long as he does his job properly then it doesnt matter IMHO

the problem i have with that K-P is that on that basis anyone should be allowed to join the Taliban,or Hamas, or any body of murdering cut-throats.:confused:

Tealeaf 19-11-2008 14:01

I've just had a look at the listing. Typical BNP. It is in alphabetial order by surname - beginnng with Y and ending with A.

K-P 19-11-2008 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 652532)
the problem i have with that K-P is that on that basis anyone should be allowed to join the Taliban,or Hamas, or any body of murdering cut-throats.:confused:

Do the BNP murder people now?

its freedom of choice that shoudlnt be taken away because of what job you do... if your in trouble.. mortal danger and a policeman comes to your rescue.. will you care what he is a member of?

the debate isnt about the bnp or racism.. its about freedom of choice based on the job your doing.. if something is illegal to join for everyone then thats that... this isn't that...

mani 19-11-2008 15:38

ema - any chance you could mail me the copy of the list?

[email protected]

emamum 19-11-2008 15:42

sent :D

Less 19-11-2008 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by mani (Post 652520)
what do you think should happen to the police officers on the list? surely a disciplinary at least?

It's a tricky one really, is the BNP illegal? It may not be very popular with right thinking people of any race, as with other extreme organisations, but if it's not illegal should the Police be barred from joining?

So long as their point of view does not alter their so called, 'fairness' in carrying out their duty.

If however any of us are seen to be racist we are all open to prosecution, surely a Policeman that allows his personal point of view to override his duty would be dropped on like a ton of bricks?

How far does dis-allowing people go? An Ambulance driver could be a member, but surely he would not leave any member of the public to bleed to death just because of their race or religion, I'm sure the same applies to the Police.

mani 19-11-2008 15:49

find your local BNP member!!

http://www.localgibson.com/bnp/

Less 19-11-2008 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by mani (Post 652573)

BNP member proximity search

Wow, I'm glad my name isn't on that list, not just your address but a map showing directions!
:eek:

mani 19-11-2008 16:00

thank you ema!

mani 19-11-2008 16:01

less

just in case

we immigrants havent fully learnt english and we cant for the love of it figure out what this street sign says

we have to rely on cave scratchings and picture books

can you imagine how hard it was reading lord of the rings?!

jaysay 19-11-2008 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by mani (Post 652573)

BNP member proximity search

Thats very interesting mani, although I only recognise one person on the local list, but I suppose its a matter of whatever floats your boat. They actually targeted me around 1 years ago. they sent me some of the clap trap through the post, the only thing was it was in an envelope paid for by an African charity, can't remember which one though now. I was so incensed I contacted Greg Pope, and we did a joint article for the Observer condemning them and their racist literature.

Less 19-11-2008 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by mani (Post 652578)
less

just in case

we immigrants havent fully learnt english and we cant for the love of it figure out what this street sign says

we have to rely on cave scratchings and picture books

can you imagine how hard it was reading lord of the rings?!

Just ask me for directions I'll see if I can help.:D

So far as Lord of the rings don't worry too much there were a lot of made up words that didn't really mean anything, If anything it seemed to be a story of all sorts of races, (Humans, Elves, Fairies and so on getting together to fight evil so keep trying to understand it, it might turn out to be something we all have in common).
http://planetsmilies.net/person-smiley-1063.gif

mani 19-11-2008 16:12

jaysay

i actually remember you posting that on accyweb about a yr or so ago