Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   What has happened to Accrington (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/what-has-happened-to-accrington-50520.html)

Gordie 22-11-2009 00:47

What has happened to Accrington

Just returned to Accrington for a short break after seven years and after driving around visiting friends I thought I was in Afghanistan.I have been told but not sure that this is correct that the football team of Accrington is to be re named in the near future to reflect the towns different ethnic groups.I can imagine what the supporters will be shouting from the stands.I also visited areas around Manchester and saw the union jack flying on public buildings,great to see, shame the PC brigade of Accrington dont allow this.

cashman 22-11-2009 08:28

Re: What has happened to Accrington

you got friends?:rolleyes: i would doubt that if i was you, anyone that tells ya crap like that don't like ya much, i would think.:rolleyes:

LYNX1 22-11-2009 08:29

Quote:

I also visited areas around Manchester and saw the union jack flying on public buildings,great to see, shame the PC brigade of Accrington dont allow this.
They might not allow it but they can't stop it, they let everyone else fly whatever flag they want, so let them try to stop us :(

Benipete 22-11-2009 12:13

Some things haven't changed,Piglet is still raving as usual.:jimbo::hehetable

Gordie 22-11-2009 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 764389)
you got friends?:rolleyes: i would doubt that if i was you, anyone that tells ya crap like that don't like ya much, i would think.:rolleyes:

That sums you up when you can only reply with ya crap,:rolleyes: What have friends got to do with Accrington resembling Afghanistan and the union jack never flying on public buildings ? You must be on the wrong bus :rolleyes:

cashman 22-11-2009 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordie (Post 764435)
That sums you up when you can only reply with ya crap,:rolleyes: What have friends got to do with Accrington resembling Afghanistan and the union jack never flying on public buildings ? You must be on the wrong bus :rolleyes:

hit a nerve did i you saddo:D ya never mentioned the rest of the rubbish in yer opening post.:rolleyes:

lancsdave 22-11-2009 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordie (Post 764373)
Just returned to Accrington for a short break after seven years and after driving around visiting friends I thought I was in Afghanistan.

I'd suggest you were lost :rolleyes:

Mancie 22-11-2009 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordie (Post 764435)

You call Accrington bad but it got a damn sight better the day you left you mug!

SamF 23-11-2009 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by mancie (Post 764469)
you call accrington bad but it got a damn sight better the day you left you mug!

+1

accyman 23-11-2009 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 764580)
+1

subtle lol :)

Pamperqueen 23-11-2009 17:51

Why do you think Accrington looks like Afghanistan? I know there is a bit of demolition going on but that's for regeneration, its a good thing and hardly makes the place a war zone.

And what do the 'PC brigade' have to do with anything? Are you being subtle about something you dont feel right in saying, I wonder?

As for Accrington Stanley being re-named, it's obvious someone thinks you're easy to wind up!

cherokee 23-11-2009 20:18

Well you can tell Gordie has never been to Afghanistan, The place is full of sand and mountains Oh and Soldiers fighting for people like him..
Ummmm cant think which part of Accrington he was in.

cashman 24-11-2009 09:00

Quote:

Just returned to Accrington for a short break after seven years and after driving around visiting friends I thought I was in Afghanistan.

ah i understand now, the Irish residents must think there in "Brockhall" now yer back.:rolleyes:

andrewb 24-11-2009 09:45

Quote:

Really? It's only been a few months since I was there. It's hard to imagine the masses of opium fields the people of Accrington must now live with. Perhaps it's the rural farmers branching out to earn a little on the side. When I was last there, I can't seem to recall seeing one person that immediately struck me to be of Afghan origin. The appearance must have been a recent occurrence. If you ask me, not at all a bad thing if people are hard working and contribute.

garinda 24-11-2009 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 764463)
I'd suggest you were lost :rolleyes:

He should have stopped one of the tanks, and asked the way.

I too fail to see any comparisson with a dusty, mountainous country.

The Union flag is flown from public buildings on the same notable dates as it is on public buildings in Manchester.

Very scant on actual details.

Why is it like Afghanistan, and what public buldings around Manchester was the Union flag being flown on, when it wasn't on the same date in Accrington?