Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Insult to Muslims (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/insult-to-muslims-52661.html)

yerself 08-04-2010 10:35

Insult to Muslims

Is this an insult to Muslims, or as the army says, replicating the environment our troops are likely to find themselves in whilst serving in Afghanistan?

BBC News - Army builds 'mosques' on North Yorkshire firing range

Barrie Yates 08-04-2010 10:50

Re: Insult to Muslims

Our troops should have every facility available during training to replicate the evironment in which they will be expected to do their duty.
Replication of Belfast streets were common at training establishments throughout the UK during the IRA troubles - did anyone protest about them?

Morecambe Ex Pat 08-04-2010 11:31

I assume that this is to get the troops used to sighting in an area with a sand coloured backdrop rather than the rich vegitation of Yorkshire. Only a small part of that building would be in their sights anyway.
If they had wanted to create offensive targets, they could have done a lot worse.

garinda 08-04-2010 11:39

It depends whether or not they're recreating buildings to represent 'friendly fire' targets as well.

:rolleyes:

http://images.travelpod.com/users/da...0.p1010206.jpg

Less 08-04-2010 12:33

Yet another

jaysay 08-04-2010 14:53

Lets face it it don't take much to get some Muslims hot under the collar does it

accyman 08-04-2010 15:03

for a second there i thought somone had flown the english flag in england although i do see it a waste to build a mosque to shoot up as im sure if asked teh muslim comunity of the united kingdom would offer up one of theirs to help aid the battle that is freeing their people from oppression and tirany

Benipete 08-04-2010 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 804606)
It depends whether or not they're recreating buildings to represent 'friendly fire' targets as well.

:rolleyes:

http://images.travelpod.com/users/da...0.p1010206.jpg

I find It strange to show an Allan Pinkerton backdrop to this thread or are you someway related to Andrew Carnigie:confused::confused:

Tealeaf 08-04-2010 17:10

Any chance we could welcome the Army to Higher Antley St in about two years time for a bit of target practice?

garinda 08-04-2010 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 804683)
I find It strange to show an Allan Pinkerton backdrop to this thread or are you someway related to Andrew Carnigie:confused::confused:

No, and neither am I a naturalised citizen of the United States of America, unlike Pinkerton and Carnegie.

;)

Stumped 08-04-2010 17:54

Barnes Wallace tested his 'Bouncing Bombs' in the UK before the Dam Busters presented them to the Germans, so what's the problem?

Tealeaf 08-04-2010 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stumped (Post 804703)
Barnes Wallace tested his 'Bouncing Bombs' in the UK before the Dam Busters presented them to the Germans, so what's the problem?

Mosques are not usually built facing a Dam.

DaveinGermany 08-04-2010 19:05

They should wind their necks in, quit bleating about it or leave the Country ! Once again a minority of whining Muslims claim to speak for every other Muslim in the country, how many Muslim Service men have used these ranges in preparation for a tour without a comment ? There is a CQBR (Close Quarter Battle Range) set up down Norfolk way to represent an Afghan/Iraqi village that is used to train our Lads & Lasses, don't recall any complaints about that !

Soldiers on exercise at mock Afghan village in Norfolk - British Army Website (British Army STANTA)

When Training for Northern Ireland we had a CQBR area laid out to represent an Irish village, there was a church on a hill in the village & "Terrorists" would rise up from behind grave stones & the section would have to take them out. Another religious Icon used in a military setting, not a peep ! as it helped to train troops & assisted in saving lives when the boys were on the streets for real.

There is no way our Military or the Government should be apologising to these people, anything that helps to prepare our Lads & Lasses for what they're undertaking I'm all for it if it helps to bring them back safely & if it offends some tough, they chose to live in our Land of Milk, Honey & Benefits, live with it !! If you can't...... well you know were the Airport is !!!

Retlaw 08-04-2010 20:43

1 Attachment(s)
I'll post this again.
Part of Enoch Powell's speech on immigration.
He was right.

Retlaw.

Eric 08-04-2010 22:19

Muslims blowing up crap in Russia ... in Pakistan ... in London .... in the US .... causing problems in China ... who gives a shlt that their sensitivities are being offended.