Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Oh Hum its a funny old world (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/oh-hum-its-a-funny-old-world-53124.html)

DaveinGermany 02-05-2015 07:57

Re: Oh Hum its a funny old world

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! It seems that MacDuffs are bang on target. :D

McDonald's to start BREATHALYSING customers to keep out drunken revellers | UK | News | Daily Express

Lets face it, in reality the times I've tended to enter its dread portals is after imbibing a few on an evening out. Getting an attack of the munchies & the only place open is a MacDuffs or a Burglar thing kind of limits your options if you don't want to burn the house down trying to cook something at daft o'clock in the morning. :D

Accyexplorer 02-05-2015 08:54

Personally, I wouldn't pee on muck Donald's if it was on fire,I never eat their poison (I know,they never really claim to be a healthy restaurant).But around 80% of its food is fake and full of chems.....Nasty :D

Margaret Pilkington 02-05-2015 10:19

I have to say that on occasions I have been seen in McDonalds......some of the times I have sat and watched while himself has shovelled a Big Mac and fries down his gizzard......on the odd time I have eaten something of theirs it has been a chicken breast deli sandwich.......but this is not very often.
I think I would probably need to be intoxicated to eat any of their burgers.

Gremlin 02-05-2015 11:03

Only time I entered a McDonalds was in Cologne.
I got a bag of chips to take out.
It was lunch time and full of school kids, I took one look at the mess they were eating and decided there and then never to set foot in one of their slop bucket hovels again.

Less 02-05-2015 13:38

The only time their food look's even remotely appetising is late at night after several glasses and with my spectacles in my pocket.

Do they suppose that after refusing a customer entry to their premises whilst drunk but not causing any problems, those same customers would, once sober, be inclined to ever cross their threshold ever again?

Surely, this would cause more problems than it could ever prevent? I pity the poor sod that has to attempt giving someone a breathalyser it would be like a red rag to a bull!

Gremlin 02-05-2015 15:19

I think the poor soul having to give some one the breathalyser would need iron trousers or risk the consequence of it being inserted in the wrong orafice.
Any establishment that wanted me to take a drink test would certainly not get my custom.
Police excepted.

DaveinGermany 14-05-2015 18:22

Have just seen this in the papers, the sign has been up for several years & all of a sudden, blow me! It's now deemed "offensive", admittedly only by a couple of gays in the village who've only just recently moved in, but still they expect it to be changed to soothe their offended sensibilities! :rolleyes:

Welcome to Bangays Way: Gay couple demand road name is changed for being 'homophobic' | UK | News | Daily Express

cashman 14-05-2015 18:25

I'd tell em to go away wetly, seeing the real reason it was named that.:(

accyman 14-05-2015 18:34

think they should leave the village if it upsets them that much

im sure they would be more happy living on cock lane

yes it does exist i have a picture of it but i dont think the lady leaning on it would like her picture posting up as well lol

Neil 15-05-2015 11:15

Quote:

“Having got over the initial humour, we reflected that this street name was actually pretty offensive.
They had to think about it before deciding they were offended. Thats the problem in this Country, too many people walk around trying to be offended about anything they can

Eric 15-05-2015 11:23

On the general topic of giving offence and being offended, has this caught on over on that side of the pond?

FHRITP cases could lead to charges, but unclear if they'd result in conviction - Canada - CBC News

Barrie Yates 15-05-2015 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1139998)
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! It seems that MacDuffs are bang on target. :D

McDonald's to start BREATHALYSING customers to keep out drunken revellers | UK | News | Daily Express

Lets face it, in reality the times I've tended to enter its dread portals is after imbibing a few on an evening out. Getting an attack of the munchies & the only place open is a MacDuffs or a Burglar thing kind of limits your options if you don't want to burn the house down trying to cook something at daft o'clock in the morning. :D

Neither of them but the brattie stall at Spandau U-Bahn was a definite must - and that was on the way for a night out in Charlottenburg:D

Barrie Yates 15-05-2015 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1140902)
think they should leave the village if it upsets them that much

im sure they would be more happy living on cock lane

yes it does exist i have a picture of it but i dont think the lady leaning on it would like her picture posting up as well lol

Go on - I dare you:D

Gordon Booth 15-05-2015 18:05

A lot of people used to end up on 'Queer Street' but I never knew where it was .
Bet they've had to change it's name as well.

DaveinGermany 15-05-2015 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1140958)
Neither of them but the brattie stall at Spandau U-Bahn was a definite must - and that was on the way for a night out in Charlottenburg:D

When I used to deliver round Berlin I'd stay overnight at the Toc-H, that being the case I'd usually amble down to Joe Divers place "Irish Pub" (always good for a free pint or 2 & a wee nip of Irish as I delivered there) in Spandau. Always on my bestest behaviour as it was the haunt of the local Plod squad (GCP) & my didn't those boys & girls enjoy a pint or several. ;)

Next door but one was a Kebab shop which thrived on the clientèle from Joe's & yours truly when he was in town. The thing you'd get in there would to be chocked full of meat (not necessarily identified meat but meat none the less & lets face it, when you've had a few you're not particularly fussy :rolleyes:) oniogs & chillli-garlic sauce. What I didn't dribble down my front, share with stray animals or drop along my journey home would last long enough to get back to the Toccy & my scratcher for the night. :D