Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   KFC - Accrington (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/kfc-accrington-55661.html)

hedman2003 13-11-2010 13:05

KFC - Accrington

Last night decided that we would partake of a KFC not something we regularly have but it was a break from the customary Friday night Chinese.

one group of 3 people in front of us who had clearly put their order in had been served with drinks and were waiting for further food to be cooked. Joined in the queue by a further 4 people and after waiting for 10 minutes were the original member of staff had not even recognised there was any kind of queue forming. eventually informed by another muppet behind the counter that they had no food ready and it would be at least 15 mins before chicken would be ready. As a consequnce 6 customers leave the store to find sustinance elsewhere.

sadly this is not my first experience of poor service at this branch in that in the past they have run out of chicken!! or limited choice on side dishes however I would say that service in other branches of KFC has been ok

anybody else had issues with KFC in Accy , or how do other immitations compare with KFC for food

Neil 13-11-2010 13:30

Re: KFC - Accrington

The gravy at Accy is usually very poor

jaysay 13-11-2010 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedman2003 (Post 861124)
Last night decided that we would partake of a KFC not something we regularly have but it was a break from the customary Friday night Chinese.

one group of 3 people in front of us who had clearly put their order in had been served with drinks and were waiting for further food to be cooked. Joined in the queue by a further 4 people and after waiting for 10 minutes were the original member of staff had not even recognised there was any kind of queue forming. eventually informed by another muppet behind the counter that they had no food ready and it would be at least 15 mins before chicken would be ready. As a consequnce 6 customers leave the store to find sustinance elsewhere.

sadly this is not my first experience of poor service at this branch in that in the past they have run out of chicken!! or limited choice on side dishes however I would say that service in other branches of KFC has been ok

anybody else had issues with KFC in Accy , or how do other immitations compare with KFC for food

I've occasionally had southern fried chicken from Rinos in Ossy hedman, which is quite good, but I actually think that KFC is the best, but I would only have either occasionally

Less 13-11-2010 14:11

It's worth the wait everything is Hal al:D

garinda 13-11-2010 16:33

Not somewhere we go a lot, but we were passing last Sunday, and it was lunchtime.

It was packed.

Pandemonium.

I grabbed two seats, clearing a path through the squashed fries, and wiped a table, whilst my mum queued up.

A woman came out of the loo, and came up to me. No one else.

Thrust something in my hand, and said you should read this.

A quick glance confirmed it was some religious text, so I smiled, politely, said no thanks, and offered it her back.

'Read it! I was told more forcibly, with the further information that if I didn't I'd die a sinner in the bowels of Hell.

A firmer no thanks, but she was still bangin' on.

I explained that if I read it or not, her, and her church would still see me as a damned sinner, but I was really very happy with this situation.

Eventually she returned to the people at her table.

I could tell with my mum's face she wasn't too happy in the noisey madhouse.

I went across and said we'd leave, and find somewhere more restful to eat lunch.

If you were in there, I hope you enjoyed the floorshow.

The floorshow being me turning mental, going over to the disciples table and shouting at the top of my voice, that if she ever saw me again, not to preach her vile filth to me, and she can stich her little booklet up her Parson's nose, and give herself a good finger lickin' experience.

Happily for her it was only a one act performance.

It would have been two, after I'd explained to my mum what had happened, but I managed to get her out into the car, before bringing down the final curtain.

Not somewhere we'll ever be going back to, anytime soon.

(The performance was free to stage by the way. No funding from the state was used.)

:D

Tealeaf 13-11-2010 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 861265)

Looks like one nutter recognised another nutter.

garinda 13-11-2010 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 861300)
Looks like one nutter recognised another nutter.

Like bees around honey.

Or do I mean like flies around...

:rolleyes:

Talking of which, it's ages since we last met.

Next time you fly up, give me a buzz.

flashy 13-11-2010 19:27

Samlesbury KFC has always been the best

Benipete 13-11-2010 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 861309)

I agree Kentucky Fried Crow was tops.:eek:

DaveinGermany 13-11-2010 19:37

Not really that well known over here about 60 apparently, we must be right Cosmopolitan as we've got one in Osnabrück & a Pizza Hut :D

Neil 13-11-2010 20:46

Quote:

Yes it has, been a few months since I made a slight detour on my way from work to go though :D:D

K.S.H 13-11-2010 21:24

Quote:

Anyone remember the goats? they used to love eating the boxes :D

accyman 14-11-2010 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H (Post 861330)
Anyone remember the goats? they used to love eating the boxes :D

havnt seen the goats since that particular kfc did a larger limited edition £40 bucket deal :)

jaysay 14-11-2010 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 861265)
Not somewhere we go a lot, but we were passing last Sunday, and it was lunchtime.

It was packed.

Pandemonium.

I grabbed two seats, clearing a path through the squashed fries, and wiped a table, whilst my mum queued up.

Thrust something in my hand, and said you should read this.

A quick glance confirmed it was some religious text, so I smiled, politely, said no thanks, and offered it her back.

'Read it! I was told more forcibly, with the further information that if I didn't I'd die a sinner in the bowels of Hell.

A firmer no thanks, but she was still bangin' on.

I explained that if I read it or not, her, and her church would still see me as a damned sinner, but I was really very happy with this situation.

Eventually she returned to the people at her table.

I could tell with my mum's face she wasn't too happy in the noisy madhouse.

I went across and said we'd leave, and find somewhere more restful to eat lunch.

If you were in there, I hope you enjoyed the floor show.

The floor show being me turning mental, going over to the disciples table and shouting at the top of my voice, that if she ever saw me again, not to preach her vile filth to me, and she can stick her little booklet up her Parson's nose, and give herself a good finger lickin' experience.

Happily for her it was only a one act performance.

It would have been two, after I'd explained to my mum what had happened, but I managed to get her out into the car, before bringing down the final curtain.

Not somewhere we'll ever be going back to, anytime soon.

(The performance was free to stage by the way. No funding from the state was used.)

Pity that G seems you've got the chastising of morons of to an art:D

Vicbfc 15-11-2010 22:23

Ive had the poos after going to Accy KFC a few times :eek: