Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Hyndburn's New Tourist Attraction (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/hyndburns-new-tourist-attraction-56656.html)

jaysay 07-03-2011 10:24

Re: Hyndburn's New Tourist Attraction

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 889874)
Obviously they thought it would make little 'difference', after the selection process had finished.

Mind you, many local Tories didn't seem that supportive, or posted much encouragement in the hope of making a difference, after poor Karen had been chosen as the Conservative canddidate here in Hyndburn.

:rolleyes:

Well it was very unlikely I was going to add my support to her campaign as I didn't vote for her on a matter of principle, even though my arm was twisted to do saw, the only chance would have been if she'd have knocked on my door and even then they would have been slim to none ;)

garinda 07-03-2011 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 889876)
Well it was very unlikely I was going to add my support to her campaign as I didn't vote for her on a matter of principle, even though my arm was twisted to do saw, the only chance would have been if she'd have knocked on my door and even then they would have been slim to none ;)

You should always give people at least one chance.

;)

I thought she was absolutely charming, when she came up to shake my hand whilst I was out shopping in Accy.

:D

garinda 07-03-2011 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 889877)

;)

I thought she was absolutely charming, when she came up to shake my hand whilst I was out shopping in Accy.

Though oddly, besides the handshake, she didn't thank me for all the work I did to help raise her profile locally.

After she had been so cruelly snubbed by nearly all of the Conservative supporters in Hyndburn.

:rolleyes:

jaysay 07-03-2011 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 889877)

;)

And of course you vote for her:rolleyes:

garinda 07-03-2011 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 889879)
And of course you vote for her:rolleyes:

No, as posted earlier, I decide which candidate is the best option on the day, after careful consideration.

Last May I voted for Graham Jones, and Peter Britcliffe.

Giving my vote to two local lads...and Accy Web members.

;)

lancsdave 07-03-2011 13:39

We have now got a petition going for re-opening ( yes we are still bleating Cllr Haworth ) . There is one in our shop, the newsagents next door and the kiosk on the corner so far.

BERNADETTE 07-03-2011 13:48

I will make sure I sign one when next in town:)

garinda 07-03-2011 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 889915)
We have now got a petition going for re-opening ( yes we are still bleating Cllr Haworth ) . There is one in our shop, the newsagents next door and the kiosk on the corner so far.

There'll definitely be two more signatures added tomorrow.

gynn 07-03-2011 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 888455)
Coun Dobson says the penny hasnt dropped that the closure is to drive trade to the market hall. What's wrong with that, he said? [via Twitter]

If the closure of the Peel Street toilets was to drive trade into the market hall, where councillors (or their family members) would benefit financially from the increased footfall, then they would have declared an interest.

Wouldn't they?

garinda 07-03-2011 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 889950)
If the closure of the Peel Street toilets was to drive trade into the market hall, where councillors (or their family members) would benefit financially from the increased footfall, then they would have declared an interest.

Wouldn't they?

Two have, apparently.

accyman 07-03-2011 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 889925)
There'll definitely be two more signatures added tomorrow.

one written with your left hand and one with your right :D

garinda 07-03-2011 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 889962)
one written with your left hand and one with your right :D

You may jest, but because I've got Parkinson's disease signing my names a bit of a nightmare. With either hand.

Luckily there's nothing wrong with my voice, and after explaining the whole sorry fiasco, my companion tomorrow will be eager to sign as well.

She might even hold the petition for me, whilst I attempt to scrawl my moniker.

gynn 07-03-2011 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 889952)
Two have, apparently.

Where? There were declarations of interest at the Council meeting on 18th January, but that was over the question of Wednesday opening and two weeks before the toilets were closed.

No interests were declared at the Cabinet meeting on 8th February, nor the Resources Overview and Scrutiny meeting on 15th February, nor the Council meeting on 1st March.

lancsdave 07-03-2011 15:33

Was the decision about the toilets actually brought up at a council meeting or was it a decision made elsewhere ?

accyman 07-03-2011 15:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 889965)
You may jest, but because I've got Parkinson's disease signing my names a bit of a nightmare. With either hand.

Luckily there's nothing wrong with my voice, and after explaining the whole sorry fiasco, my companion tomorrow will be eager to sign as well.

She might even hold the petition for me, whilst I attempt to scrawl my moniker.

lol ya nutter i wasnt refering to your parkinsons at worst i was insinuating you would sign twice to boost the list :D

now to show theres no hard feelings i will find you a realy large pen :D

http://www.jokefarm.com/prankplace_files/prankp23.jpg