Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Water Main Burst (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/water-main-burst-59367.html)

jaysay 28-09-2011 08:40

Water Main Burst

Its been on the North West News this morning that there's been a major mains burst affecting Accrington and Blackburn, at first it said 10,000 homes could be affected, but the last I heard it had been reevaluated to a few hundred. Everything seems to be okay where I am, but I've filled a pan with a bit extra to make sure

garinda 28-09-2011 08:44

Re: Water Main Burst

Thanks for the warning.

Have run some water, just in case.

BBC News - Burst water main disrupts supply in Blackburn

garinda 28-09-2011 08:55

The water pressure is very low, but managed to fill a couple of bottles.

Thanks for the warning Jaysay, have passed it on to a few people.

Back to bathing in asses's milk for me.

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/w...tian/tut05.gif

suedarbo 28-09-2011 09:02

Thank you for the warning Jaysay, I'm off to fill the kettle:D

Alan Varrechia 28-09-2011 09:16

Thanks for the warning John. We're Springhill and it's definitely off here.:mad:

jaysay 28-09-2011 09:25

To be honest I heard it about 7am if I hadn't been still half asleep I should have put the warning on here earlier, must keep it in mind next time anything like that happens

JCB 28-09-2011 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 936409)
Thanks for the warning John. We're Springhill and it's definitely off here.:mad:

It sure is . I had to have a bottle of Guinness this morning instead of my mug of tea . ;)

Margaret Pilkington 28-09-2011 09:56

Yes, Ma had to do her ablutions this morning with Baby wipes.......unable to have her morning cuppa....had soda water instead.

Just been up to see her and told her off for not telling me..........I could have taken some water up for her.
Back on now...well sort of.......just a trickle.

flashy 28-09-2011 10:51

Yep Rhyddings kids are being sent home early because of it

flashy 28-09-2011 10:53

Ours is still on, i'm just on the border of Blackburn and Ossy.....anyone want any water?

ian1 28-09-2011 10:56

I have seen two big water tankers on my travels this morning one bottom of ormerod st with water pipes running up scacliffe st and another on the end of fairfield st with pipes running up stevenson st to chester st , i wonder if this is out to do with it ??
ian

Retlaw 28-09-2011 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by ian1 (Post 936429)
I have seen two big water tankers on my travels this morning one bottom of ormerod st with water pipes running up scacliffe st and another on the end of fairfield st with pipes running up stevenson st to chester st , i wonder if this is out to do with it ??
ian

Can't get no joy from watter buard, the recorded message quotes major burst in Burnley Rd, most of Accrington, Blackburn & Burnley supplies affected.
Thats a load of bull, we get our water from Dean Clough in Gt Harwood & from Mitchels, we used to be lucky in that if either supply was affected, we got water from the other, now since they've installed new by pass valves, round our are two years ago, we get nowt.
Retlaw

Retlaw 28-09-2011 11:57

Just checked with Fire Station & watter buard did'nt even inform them that there was a burst, thats criminal. From what they now know the burts is somewhere near Martholme Grane, even a burst there, should'nt affect the West of Accrington or Blackburn.

Retlaw

Neil 28-09-2011 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 936427)
Yep Rhyddings kids are being sent home early because of it

That is the logic of headteachers, we have no water in school and most of our kids live locally so we will send them home where they have no water either :D:D

entwisi 28-09-2011 12:19

United Utilities: Emergencies

updates online here

well, I say updates.... " We're still working on it...."