Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Ukip (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/ukip-62920.html)

accyman 13-05-2013 10:17

Re: Ukip

well i used to vote labour no questions asked until graham jones took over from gregg pope but despite my reservations i voted for him .One of the big factors in me voting for him was him saying he would support a referendum on the EU.

well we all know how that worked out so now im with UKIP until a new labour candidate is put forward for hyndburn because this current one is duff

davebtelford 13-05-2013 12:38

I'm ex-Labour (like Labour is!).

MargaretR 13-05-2013 15:43

If there ever was a time to leave the EU it is now - sharpish !

Ministers want to ?transform EU into federal state? | StratRisks

Guinness 13-05-2013 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1058565)

Not according to our beloved MP on twitter a few hours ago...

'Problem with Cameron's EU opt out menu is it will target working people's pay & conditions, food safety, the environment & b soft on crime.'

Notice how he throws out the usual Labour party line scaremongering without offering a shred of evidence to back it up. Let me help him with some evidence...

a) Working peoples pay and conditions.....Yep, they'll improve because we will no longer have to provide employment to the great influx of EU cheap labour which drives down pay and conditions for everyone.

b) Food safety...yep, they'll be able to make Dundee cake in Eccles and Eccles cake in Dundee with impunity, and if we need the EU to ensure our food safety, why do we have a Food Standards Agency?

c) The environment..hmmm, are you saying that our own government cannot be entrusted to maintain our environment, what are we paying you people for?

d) Soft on crime.....you mean like the poorly worded Human Rights Act that is so open to abuse, or the European Court of Justice that stops our own government from deporting known terrorists?

The problem isn't Cameron's opt out menu..it's MP's who refuse to listen to their constituents and blindly follow their plastic schoolboy leader to political suicide like lemmings off a cliff face.

accyman 13-05-2013 16:26

out of curiosity does anyone have a rough idea how much money we have sent to bail out various countries like ireland and greece.

been in the EU seems to mean look after everybody esle but our own and screw your own to look after others

davebtelford 13-05-2013 17:02

Seems like Obama thinks we should knuckle under to the EU - we'd better just do it then?

jaysay 13-05-2013 17:25

Cameron has stated speaking in the US that the majority of British people don't want to leave the EU, yes they do dickhead, why wait until 2017 to give the people a say, it doesn't matter how much the EU is reformed it still won't cut the mustard with me, Cameron wants to pull his head out of his arse and listen to the people now not wait another 4 years to get the same answer he'd get now, GET OUT NOW:mad:

Alan Varrechia 13-05-2013 17:42

I thought exactly the same when i heard him John. Think he needs to ask a differant set of people to do his checking for him, or maybe just open his eyes and ears. :confused::confused::confused:

jaysay 13-05-2013 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 1058599)
I thought exactly the same when i heard him John. Think he needs to ask a differant set of people to do his checking for him, or maybe just open his eyes and ears. :confused::confused::confused:

He's a politician Alan the only time they pretend to listen is around 5 weeks before an election, and I mean that at all levels, they're now scratching their collective heads wondering WHY the number of people bothering to vote is dwindling and I think the old saying is spot on if voting changed anything they'd abolish it. If I hadn't a PV I wouldn't go to the polls, even so at the last general election I submitted a vote paper which I'd spoiled, there just wasn't a candidate worth voting for

davebtelford 13-05-2013 18:10

I see the G8 are going to discuss a "USA / EU trade & investment pact". I thought you needed money in order to invest? If so then they are going to have to invite China to join.

Alan Varrechia 13-05-2013 18:54

They'll just print some for themselves. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

accyman 13-05-2013 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1058565)

Ministers want to ?transform EU into federal state? | StratRisks

just a little quote from that story

Quote:

According to Die Presse, the system would create democracy in the EU.
so we dont have democracey at the moment?

also they wantto model this super EU on teh american syystem ...

well we have all seen how well america is doing havnt we lmao

jaysay 14-05-2013 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1058679)
just a little quote from that story

so we dont have democracey at the moment?

also they wantto model this super EU on teh american syystem ...

well we have all seen how well america is doing havnt we lmao

Well its democracy at the moment franco/german style:rolleyes:and the economy in the states is doing a site better than here;)

Mind you the Tory's are bringing out a bill today stating that there will be an in out vote in 2017 who ever is in power, which has as much chance of being passed as I have of running the London Marathon next year, but lets say it did become law will it state that if its an OUT vote whether it will be implemented:rolleyes:

Barrie Yates 14-05-2013 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1058710)
Well its democracy at the moment franco/german style:rolleyes:and the economy in the states is doing a site better than here;)

Is that General Franco or the Froggy style?
Of course you could have said Hitlerian/Napoleonic styles and been even more accurate as they have both tried to rule Europe, including UK, in their respective timescales.:rolleyes::D

jaysay 14-05-2013 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1058760)
Is that General Franco or the Froggy style?
Of course you could have said Hitlerian/Napoleonic styles and been even more accurate as they have both tried to rule Europe, including UK, in their respective timescales.:rolleyes::D

This lot are definitely descendants Napoleon, my Father said before he died that we are now handing Britain on a plate to the Germans, something we fought two world wars to stop, don't think the old man was too far from the target really