Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Ukip (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/ukip-62920.html)

gynn 24-11-2012 06:41

Ukip

Ridiculous story of the week.

BBC News - UKIP couple have foster children removed from care

Might I suggest that the focus of this story should NOT be on UKIP, but should rather be on the loony political cultures that exist in Council Social Services Departments?

cashman 24-11-2012 08:08

Re: Ukip

Completely nuts, yet don't really shock me, The decision is so out of touch with what i reckon other people think, This is another cast iron reason fer folk to vote UKIP.:(

Guinness 24-11-2012 08:33

Absolutely outrageous!

Problem with Social Services across the country is that they make it up as they go along and appear to be answerable to no-one but themselves.

One trick pony or not, they have my vote next time if they field a candidate.

Less 24-11-2012 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guinness (Post 1029195)
Absolutely outrageous!

Problem with Social Services across the country is that they make it up as they go along and appear to be answerable to no-one but themselves.

One trick pony or not, they have my vote next time if they field a candidate.

I do hope our elected representatives both local and in Parliament, pay attention to the reactions of common folk to this.
They are going to have to work hard to get re-elected if this is the sort of thing they are willing to have happen to members of a legal political party.

cashman 24-11-2012 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1029196)
I do hope our elected representatives both local and in Parliament, pay attention to the reactions of common folk to this.
They are going to have to work hard to get re-elected if this is the sort of thing they are willing to have happen to members of a legal political party.

I would hope so also, but somehow i doubt very much if it will be the case.:rolleyes:

Eric 24-11-2012 17:50

More than a little crazy. The couple were caring for kids for chrissake.

"Racism" seems like a word that is tossed around a lot over there. Even refs are getting undeserved flack.;) Sure there is racism in the world ... millions of yanks, for example, still look at President Obama and see nothing more than a nigger.:rolleyes: But it is insane pc - ism to see Nazi style racism in almost everything that white Britons do in order to save a national identity built up over centuries. There is no reason whatsoever that immigrant minorities cannot become part of this tradition. It's the ones that take advantage of Britain, at the same time as they damn it, that are the problem. And I think that the saving of this national heritage is what the Ukip is primarily about. (Canada, for example, and Australia, New Zealand ... even the yanks have based their societies on what was created in England.) And voters' turning to this party in large numbers suggests that a lot of reasonable Brits (and, of course, some unreasonable ones) support its platform.

I didn't mention the EU ... that's a whole 'nother ball game.:D

accyman 25-11-2012 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1029196)

of course he will pay attention

he needs to so he can prommise to deliver what the majority want then do the absolute opposite

ps:

lay of the scrap metal theft issue for gods sake graham.I left a cooker out for the council over a week ago an dits still there.Normally the nice gypsie folk would have taken it long before the council ever got to it

accyman 25-11-2012 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1029289)
Even refs are getting undeserved flack.;)

i find it gauling that a ref be accused of racism after decades of been called blind and enquiries as to who the bastard in the black is by thousands of people every weekend

Wynonie Harris 30-11-2012 12:25

OK, it was a low turn out but it's a sign that perhaps the political landscape is altering. Better wake up, Tories and Labour, they're coming for your votes!

Ukip takes second place in by-elections - Telegraph

lindashanks2 30-11-2012 12:32

World's gone mad.

Wynonie Harris 30-11-2012 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindashanks2 (Post 1030002)
World's gone mad.

Don't know about the world, but there's certainly plenty of insanity in Brussels! That's why the major parties are terrified of letting us plebs have a vote on it in the form of referendum.

Less 30-11-2012 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1030003)
Don't know about the world, but there's certainly plenty of insanity in Brussels! That's why the major parties are terrified of letting us plebs have a vote on it in the form of referendum.

You owe me 5% of a like, only 95% of me can be bothered to agree with you.
;)

cashman 30-11-2012 13:57

Thing is now,i reckon, even less people will now see a vote fer U.K.I.P. as a wasted vote, The time fer the big 3 to get off the pot is drawing nearer imho.

accyman 30-11-2012 17:06

i wouldnt even say there was a big 3

Lib dems are more like a bit of poop that just wont let go but with a little shake will end up in the crapper all the same after their alliance with the tory's

heard on the news today that councils are been forced to make further cuts and many jobs will be lost.A local councilor also said services will be seriously effected

so in short the people of this country regardless of race or colour will have to go without just so we can keep providing for europes unwanted,keep terrorists in luxury and support countries like greece

were in it together

pahh the only thing camerons lost is his daughter in a pub

Stumped 30-11-2012 17:28

One thing is guaranteed come the next General Election, UKIP will vastly outnumber the Liberal Democrats at Westminster. I may even chance a vote myself!!!