Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   MPs Pay Rise (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/mps-pay-rise-64468.html)

walkinman221 01-07-2013 18:16

Re: MPs Pay Rise

Thats very noble of Mr Clegg the multi millionaire:rolleyes:

accyman 01-07-2013 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1064981)
Discreetly and MP in the same sentence accyman, don't be silly:D

i can make a sentence containing the words dicreetly and MP

"the MP discreetly slipped the brown evolope of cash into his inside pocket "

see it can be done:D

perhaps when they arnt preceived to be lying ,back stabbing,crooks they could consider a payrise but when they cant even grasp the most basic concepts of decencey i dont see why they should even get paid at all nevermind a payrise:rolleyes:

accyman 01-07-2013 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkinman221 (Post 1064982)
Thats very noble of Mr Clegg the multi millionaire:rolleyes:

to be fair some of these MPs have private education to pay for so their kids can have the best...

....while government makes further education even more out of reach for the working class and their kids

GEaston 01-07-2013 23:33

MPs Pay Rise

So cashman you propose to pay the people that run the country less? That's really smart. Think of the savings...... In fact if we had no one running the country, you'd save all the salaries and the maybe appoint yourself as the "dear leader" as you have here on Accyweb?

Maybe we should put a footballer in charge? Rooney earns £300k a week, which is 4 MPs. So you can have 2 footballers for the year or the entire political setup. We can argue about the merits of the current flawed political system, but not about the relative value of the governance of the country versus 2 people kicking a bag of inflated leather around a field.

Less 01-07-2013 23:58

MPs Pay Rise

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEaston (Post 1065020)
So cashman you propose to pay the people that run the country less? That's really smart. Think of the savings...... In fact if we had no one running the country, you'd save all the salaries and the maybe appoint yourself as the "dear leader" as you have here on Accyweb?

Could you please quote the post in which cash man posted the above proposal?
I've had a quick look through the thread couldn't find it.
As for him being AccyWebs 'dear leader', he didn't appoint himself, it's his turn, an honorary roll like being the towns mayor.
It'll be jaysay's turn next week for his unceasing dedication to expanding the English language.

cashman 02-07-2013 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEaston (Post 1065020)
So cashman you propose to pay the people that run the country less? That's really smart. Think of the savings...... .

As i never said that or anything resembling that, Easton, as well as being a troll, yer also a liar, one who i would never trust, Thinking about it, that may well be the reason yeh spend much of yer time far away.:rolleyes:

GEaston 02-07-2013 09:02

Oh no, Cashman's calling me a troll again - presumably you can't think of two insults at once.

At the end of the day cashy you've posted nearly 35,000 times and yet you've only been liked 858 times. That's not even 1 in 40 posts. If I took out Less's likes of your posts it'd be worse still. Even his lousy record is 1 in 16. On those metrics I'd retire from the forum altogether as you clearly have nothing of value to add.

I don't think you can be passed the torch as this weeks "dear leader"

Mick 02-07-2013 09:05

can I just point out the site has been running nearly 10 years and there was over 1 million posts already on site before the site was updated to include "LIKES"
which was done about 6 months ago

cashman 02-07-2013 09:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEaston (Post 1065032)
Oh no, Cashman's calling me a troll again - presumably you can't think of two insults at once.

At the end of the day cashy you've posted nearly 35,000 times and yet you've only been liked 858 times. That's not even 1 in 40 posts. If I took out Less's likes of your posts it'd be worse still. Even his lousy record is 1 in 16. On those metrics I'd retire from the forum altogether as you clearly have nothing of value to add.

More lies unsurprisingly,:rolleyes: I will explain in simple english why i regard yeh as a liar, First whilst i have a great dislike fer you as a person, I do not regard yeh as stupid, So therefore by posting people said things, which obvious to all who read the forum, that they did not, can only constitute a liar to me. also that makes a troll to me.

MargaretR 02-07-2013 09:11

Don't you sometimes wish there was a 'loathe' button? ;)

cashman 02-07-2013 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1065036)
Don't you sometimes wish there was a 'loathe' button? ;)

Don't bother me much, prefer to tell em straight.;):D

Less 02-07-2013 09:29

Quote:

Once more I agree with Cashy, you aren't thick, but you don't do yourself any favours by assuming everyone else is, (and your main downfall seems to be that you assume rather than actually talk facts about most things).
By the way, likes are a little like karma, we can't spend them at the shop so we don't mind if we get them or not, it is only the newbies that would like to be popular that place any importance on likes and do you know usually they aren't.
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/ba...therethere.gif

Wynonie Harris 02-07-2013 09:37

Quote:

So you've made a value judgement on somebody based on a set of statistics, which as Mick has just shown are largely worthless anyway. You know nowt about Cashy, what he's like at a person, his relations with other members of the group and what he's contributed to the group over the years.

Instead, you judge him on your own skewed reading of some statistics. The quote "he knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing" could have been made for you!

Neil 02-07-2013 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1064908)
If yeh don't know that yer dumber n i thought.:rolleyes:

The sort of non answer I expected.

If you can't decide where they should fit on the employment scale how can you say they are overpaid?

Neil 02-07-2013 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk (Post 1064951)
Also with an increased wage there should be no expenses. It will be a case of "you earn well...pay for it yourself".

I agree with a lot you said except that bit. No one should have to pay their own way for doing their job.