Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   MPs Pay Rise (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/mps-pay-rise-64468.html)

jaysay 01-07-2013 08:05

MPs Pay Rise

BBC News - David Cameron 'warned he cannot stop pay rise for MPs'

It seems that the ipsa have recommended a rise in MPs salaries from £66k to £70k after the next general election, and eventually rising to £75k but they'll have to pay a bit more for their pensions:eek: I'm sure accyman will join me in saying that our MPs are worth every penny of these rises, not,:mad: The galling part about it little can be done to stop these rises happening:mad::mad:

cashman 01-07-2013 09:35

Re: MPs Pay Rise

I don't buy the fact sod all can be done, Whats to stop him asking the general public if I.P.S.A. should be scrapped if they fail to listen to the publics wishes? After all if I.P.S.A. cannot represent standards, then what use are they?

jaysay 01-07-2013 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1064869)
I don't buy the fact sod all can be done, Whats to stop him asking the general public if I.P.S.A. should be scrapped if they fail to listen to the publics wishes? After all if I.P.S.A. cannot represent standards, then what use are they?

Think you'll find it would be harder to scrap and independent body than blocking the pay rise, that's why they're independent, and always remember Cameron might not be the one having to make the decisions come 2015:rolleyes:

jaysay 01-07-2013 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1064869)

Having said that I'm sure you think our Graham would be worth every penny of that rise if he were to be re-elected in 2015 Cashy:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

cashman 01-07-2013 09:45

None of em whatever party are worth a penny more than ordinary voters are being allotted.;)

Margaret Pilkington 01-07-2013 10:07

He can't stop it because he doean't really want to.(weasel words from a politician who is trying to bamboozle the voters with this bluff - telling them what he thinks will show him in the best light..like he is feeling our economic pain. GONADS!)
Where there's a will there is always a way.......Isn't this man the Prime Minister?

yerself 01-07-2013 10:18

Guess which lot think they're worth the most? Here's one for for cmon, cut and pasted as he would himself.

Will MPs reclaim the power to vote against a pay rise?

It's worth remembering that a private survey of 100 MPs conducted by YouGov on IPSA's behalf found that 69 per cent thought they were underpaid, with an average salary of £86,250 recommended. On average, Tory MPs proposed a salary of £96,740, the Lib Dems £78,361 and Labour £77,322. A fifth suggested that they should be paid £95,000 or more. But would they have the chutzpah to vote accordingly in parliament? That seems unlikely.

Tony Ireland 01-07-2013 11:43

Are we still all in this mess together??

Less 01-07-2013 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Ireland (Post 1064891)
Are we still all in this mess together??

Absolutely! Though as usual the majority are expected to tighten their belts far more than others!

:mad:

Neil 01-07-2013 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1064873)
None of em whatever party are worth a penny more than ordinary voters are being allotted.;)

What is an ordinary voter?

How much should they be paid and what sort of job/salary would you compare them to.

This link shows what people are getting paid for what jobs http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/a...cupations.html

accyman 01-07-2013 12:38

Arrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggg

payrise..?

move this to 18 and over iv got words i really wanna use

accyman 01-07-2013 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1064892)
Absolutely! Though as usual the majority are expected to tighten their belts far more than others!

:mad:

i tightened my belt so tight it severed my spine

i was then visited by ATOS and declared fit to run the 100m in the commonwealth games

cashman 01-07-2013 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1064897)
What is an ordinary voter?

If yeh don't know that yer dumber n i thought.:rolleyes:

accyman 01-07-2013 13:04

any Mp with any shred of dignity and self resect would turn down this payrise especially in current times where Mp's are justifying cuts to the likes of teachers and nurses and not to mention the vulnerable in society

maybe our MP can start the ball rolling and see if any of his collegues will stand with him in not accepting the payrise ?

oops sorry my bad i thought i wa sin the jokes section :o

Less 01-07-2013 13:37

Oh dear what's happened to the cheery atmosphere of optimism that was demanded by an ex pat that owns most of Accrington and therefore thinks he tell us what to think?

Well here goes, I'll start, (whilst tugging my forelock in the general direction of Singapore),
Quote:

if MP's get more money they will be keener to work harder on our behalf.
The above quote was from my soon to be published book on 'Myths, Fairy-tales and gullible people'

To keep it in line with the thread it will only be available online for a paltry Kings ransom, which coincidentally has a purchase price that will be kept inline with Parliamentary pay rises, so that at least one of us, (me), will benefit from any extra they may get.

Order your copy or multiple copies now.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...2PkNXjj9-sxpcg