Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree101Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 08:05   #1
Resting in Peace

MPs Pay Rise

BBC News - David Cameron 'warned he cannot stop pay rise for MPs'

It seems that the ipsa have recommended a rise in MPs salaries from £66k to £70k after the next general election, and eventually rising to £75k but they'll have to pay a bit more for their pensions I'm sure accyman will join me in saying that our MPs are worth every penny of these rises, not, The galling part about it little can be done to stop these rises happening
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-07-2013, 09:35   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: MPs Pay Rise

I don't buy the fact sod all can be done, Whats to stop him asking the general public if I.P.S.A. should be scrapped if they fail to listen to the publics wishes? After all if I.P.S.A. cannot represent standards, then what use are they?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:40   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I don't buy the fact sod all can be done, Whats to stop him asking the general public if I.P.S.A. should be scrapped if they fail to listen to the publics wishes? After all if I.P.S.A. cannot represent standards, then what use are they?
Think you'll find it would be harder to scrap and independent body than blocking the pay rise, that's why they're independent, and always remember Cameron might not be the one having to make the decisions come 2015
Old 01-07-2013, 09:42   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Having said that I'm sure you think our Graham would be worth every penny of that rise if he were to be re-elected in 2015 Cashy
Old 01-07-2013, 09:45   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

None of em whatever party are worth a penny more than ordinary voters are being allotted.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:07   #6
Beacon of light

He can't stop it because he doean't really want to.(weasel words from a politician who is trying to bamboozle the voters with this bluff - telling them what he thinks will show him in the best light..like he is feeling our economic pain. GONADS!)
Where there's a will there is always a way.......Isn't this man the Prime Minister?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:18   #7
God Member

Guess which lot think they're worth the most? Here's one for for cmon, cut and pasted as he would himself.

Will MPs reclaim the power to vote against a pay rise?

It's worth remembering that a private survey of 100 MPs conducted by YouGov on IPSA's behalf found that 69 per cent thought they were underpaid, with an average salary of £86,250 recommended. On average, Tory MPs proposed a salary of £96,740, the Lib Dems £78,361 and Labour £77,322. A fifth suggested that they should be paid £95,000 or more. But would they have the chutzpah to vote accordingly in parliament? That seems unlikely.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:43   #8

Are we still all in this mess together??
Tony Ireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:54   #9
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Ireland View Post
Are we still all in this mess together??
Absolutely! Though as usual the majority are expected to tighten their belts far more than others!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:14   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
None of em whatever party are worth a penny more than ordinary voters are being allotted.

What is an ordinary voter?

How much should they be paid and what sort of job/salary would you compare them to.

This link shows what people are getting paid for what jobs http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/a...cupations.html

Last edited by Neil; 01-07-2013 at 12:23.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:38   #11
God Member

Arrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggg

payrise..?

move this to 18 and over iv got words i really wanna use

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:43   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Absolutely! Though as usual the majority are expected to tighten their belts far more than others!

i tightened my belt so tight it severed my spine

i was then visited by ATOS and declared fit to run the 100m in the commonwealth games

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 01-07-2013, 12:46   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What is an ordinary voter?
If yeh don't know that yer dumber n i thought.
shillelagh likes this.
Old 01-07-2013, 13:04   #14
God Member

any Mp with any shred of dignity and self resect would turn down this payrise especially in current times where Mp's are justifying cuts to the likes of teachers and nurses and not to mention the vulnerable in society

maybe our MP can start the ball rolling and see if any of his collegues will stand with him in not accepting the payrise ?

oops sorry my bad i thought i wa sin the jokes section

Old 01-07-2013, 13:37   #15
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Oh dear what's happened to the cheery atmosphere of optimism that was demanded by an ex pat that owns most of Accrington and therefore thinks he tell us what to think?

Well here goes, I'll start, (whilst tugging my forelock in the general direction of Singapore),
Quote:
if MP's get more money they will be keener to work harder on our behalf.
The above quote was from my soon to be published book on 'Myths, Fairy-tales and gullible people'

To keep it in line with the thread it will only be available online for a paltry Kings ransom, which coincidentally has a purchase price that will be kept inline with Parliamentary pay rises, so that at least one of us, (me), will benefit from any extra they may get.

Order your copy or multiple copies now.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..