Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree101Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2013, 07:20   #211
God Member

Re: MPs Pay Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
If there was someone outside the local polling booth coercing you to vote a certain way, they'd be hauled off to pokey faster than you could shake a stick. Yet this is a daily event in Parliament..criminals, the lot of them!

its the same at councl level thats why if theres an independent things are offered to obatain that persons vote if the vote is of enough importance,In the case i posted above the results of that impact assessment would have embarrassed david cameron and Ian ducan smith so its no wonder all the labour lot were told to vote aye and the cons and liberals all voted NO.Not one of them was thinking about the people effected they were all towing the party line and thinking of themselves.We may democraticaly elect MPs but thats where democracey ends because parliamant is a dictatorship.

Occasionally you get a few who appose the paty line and they are instantly labled rebels.The first time i heard rebels had distruped things at parliament i had visions of freedom fighters breaking in and liberating us from this lot but alas it wasnt quite what i hoped

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-07-2013, 12:03   #212
God Member

i was watching a movie the other night calle g.i joe

its pretty much garbage until this happens

just a little bit smaller of a blast and perfection

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 12-07-2013, 17:14   #213
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Is it true that they get a £30K golden handshake when they get booted out by their constituents - even after only one election period ?
Don't know about now Barrie, but the size of the pension for a retiring MP either by choice or by ballot box, was determined by the years they had been in Parliament, that was when JKH was MP it may have changed recently though
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 17:22   #214
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Don't know about now Barrie, but the size of the pension for a retiring MP either by choice or by ballot box, was determined by the years they had been in Parliament, that was when JKH was MP it may have changed recently though

the longer they are leeching oops i mean in parliament the bigger the pension

Old 12-07-2013, 17:27   #215
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
the longer they are leeching oops i mean in parliament the bigger the pension
That's about the score accyman
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 18:05   #216
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates
Is it true that they get a £30K golden handshake when they get booted out by their constituents - even after only one election period ?
It's all here Barrie.
Pages - MPs' pay and pensions home
I reckon that's why cmon hasn't been on for a while, he's reading and digesting in order to give a considered opinion, rather than just cutting and pasting.

Data from the House of Commons show that the cost of resettlement was £3.2
million in 2001 and £5.3 million in 2005. No aggregate figures have been published for
2010, but given the large turnover of MPs at that election (225) and the relative length
of service of the MPs who left, the figure may have been as high as £13.3 million. At
the 2001 and 2005 elections, MPs received, on average, 60-64% of their final salary.
Typically, around 70 MPs lose their seats after standing at a General Election. Were this
to happen in 2015, and MPs received £33,530 on average, the cost to the taxpayer
would be £2.1 million, under the interim rules.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 21:54   #217
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
That wasn't the pension Jay, a Golden Handshake, in addition to the pension, no matter how long they had been an MP, to help them re-adjust to a normal life. Can't remember where I read it.
Old 12-07-2013, 21:57   #218
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
It's all here Barrie.
Pages - MPs' pay and pensions home
I reckon that's why cmon hasn't been on for a while, he's reading and digesting in order to give a considered opinion, rather than just cutting and pasting.

Data from the House of Commons show that the cost of resettlement was £3.2
million in 2001 and £5.3 million in 2005. No aggregate figures have been published for
2010, but given the large turnover of MPs at that election (225) and the relative length
of service of the MPs who left, the figure may have been as high as £13.3 million. At
the 2001 and 2005 elections, MPs received, on average, 60-64% of their final salary.
Typically, around 70 MPs lose their seats after standing at a General Election. Were this
to happen in 2015, and MPs received £33,530 on average, the cost to the taxpayer
would be £2.1 million, under the interim rules.
Thenks yerself, did my previous post without reading yours - sorry.
Old 13-07-2013, 14:28   #219

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

I am the one...

that knighted Fred Goodwin for services to banking
that cut taxes for the rich
who introduced PFI leaving the NHS in billions of pounds of debt
who made illegal war that killed at least a million
who gave our soldiers sub standard equipment
who covered up the deaths of hundreds in Stafford
who put hanging baskets and chocolates on my expense claims
who closed that hospital you need
who fails to deliver on promises
who made you move out of your family home
who reinvented the need for foodbanks
who makes you ashamed to be disabled
who lost you your job
who calls you scrounger

I have no need of qualifications or experience, nor do I need to be educated or honest. I need no conscience or judgement. I don't even need to turn up for work more than a couple of times a year.

All I need is the ability to vote the way my boss tells me to.

Ye Gods, I have to drink subsidised alcohol at my place of employment and I can smoke while doing it, but in fairness I have stopped you plebs from 'avin a fag wiv a beer' and I fully intend to stop you from having any cheap alcohol very soon. Only recently I employed a couple of restauranteurs, using your money of course, to decide that your kids should not be allowed to have your packed lunches.

I truly believe I am worth more than my current £65,000 per year. If you subtract my fuel, food and housing costs that only leaves me with, well, £65,000 per year.

Give me your support and I will allow you to watch me cream even more fat off the land and I promise to leave you with the bones to suck until you receive your monthly food parcel from India. (generously paid for by UKforeignaid.com a subsidiary of Greedybottomfeedingtrougheatersofwestminster.co.uk )

yours faithfully...

Ann Empee
Old 13-07-2013, 14:44   #220
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

MPs Pay Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
I am the one...

that knighted Fred Goodwin for services to banking
that cut taxes for the rich
who introduced PFI leaving the NHS in billions of pounds of debt
who made illegal war that killed at least a million
who gave our soldiers sub standard equipment
who covered up the deaths of hundreds in Stafford
who put hanging baskets and chocolates on my expense claims
who closed that hospital you need
who fails to deliver on promises
who made you move out of your family home
who reinvented the need for foodbanks
who makes you ashamed to be disabled
who lost you your job
who calls you scrounger

I have no need of qualifications or experience, nor do I need to be educated or honest. I need no conscience or judgement. I don't even need to turn up for work more than a couple of times a year.

All I need is the ability to vote the way my boss tells me to.

Ye Gods, I have to drink subsidised alcohol at my place of employment and I can smoke while doing it, but in fairness I have stopped you plebs from 'avin a fag wiv a beer' and I fully intend to stop you from having any cheap alcohol very soon. Only recently I employed a couple of restauranteurs, using your money of course, to decide that your kids should not be allowed to have your packed lunches.

I truly believe I am worth more than my current £65,000 per year. If you subtract my fuel, food and housing costs that only leaves me with, well, £65,000 per year.

Give me your support and I will allow you to watch me cream even more fat off the land and I promise to leave you with the bones to suck until you receive your monthly food parcel from India. (generously paid for by UKforeignaid.com a subsidiary of Greedybottomfeedingtrougheatersofwestminster.co.uk )

yours faithfully...

Ann Empee
Until I saw the name at the end, I was sure this was a message from our local MP!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2013, 19:10   #221
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Until I saw the name at the end, I was sure this was a message from our local MP!

sad thing is the cons have screwed up so bad he will most likely get another 5 years so looking pretty good for the bigger pension

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..