Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree101Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2013, 11:02   #196
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: MPs Pay Rise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I don't agree, they were the same as now and just like then we have good, not so good and bad MP's now
Thats point i was making, its just now the public are much better informed of the shenanigans of these Shysters.
Old 09-07-2013, 14:13   #197
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats point i was making, its just now the public are much better informed of the shenanigans of these Shysters.
Talking of shenanigans, there hasn't been much talk on here about unions and Labour MP's on the forum
Old 09-07-2013, 14:50   #198
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Talking of shenanigans, there hasn't been much talk on here about unions and Labour MP's on the forum
Probably only cos Jaysays a bit under the weather at the moment, n Cmon aint been on.
jaysay and maxthecollie like this.
Old 10-07-2013, 18:03   #199
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Probably only cos Jaysays a bit under the weather at the moment, n Cmon aint been on.
Ya cashy, but at least I've had a good laugh watching them ripping each other to shreds, Mind you the only time I was a member of the Union was when I worked at Laings at Shad, it was a closed shop, but I refused to pay the political levy even in those days, think if Mr Ed gives Union members the right to chose if they want to pay it now, Labour will be millions out of pocket
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 18:05   #200
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Do you actually think Cmon would have brought the subject up
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:51   #201

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Possibly because most people nowadays think the word 'shenanigan' is a synonym for 'MP' and we're pretty much resigned to the fact that almost all are as trustworthy as Judas and about as much use as a solar powered torch, regardless of rosette
Old 11-07-2013, 07:01   #202
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Do you actually think Cmon would have brought the subject up
Not a cat in hell's chance.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:05   #203
Beacon of light

Quote:
just like then we have good, not so good and bad MP's now
I'd be interested in hearing the names of the good ones you know about Neil...and also what makes them 'good'.(I can't think of any - but then I think it is too warm to tax my brain with such impossible puzzles) Yes - I know I am cynical - it comes from living a long time.

Maybe we could then let the 'not so good' know what they have to do to achieve 'good' status.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:31   #204
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Possibly because most people nowadays think the word 'shenanigan' is a synonym for 'MP' and we're pretty much resigned to the fact that almost all are as trustworthy as Judas and about as much use as a solar powered torch, regardless of rosette

i think your been a little unfair to judas there.As terrible a thing he did he actually only stabbed 1 person in the back.Some MP's did a whole constituancey in a much shorter period of been in power,Just a matter of weeks in some cases.

the sad thing is teh same corrupt lot get in power over and over again claiming they are what the people want but in reality they are the lesser evil kept in their position by loyal party voters .

if i was a MP i would be ashamed to be kept in my position on the grounds i was a lesser evil but as long as the money keeps rolling in and the pension keeps getting beefed up with every term i con my way into winning i guess it would sooth my embarrassment.

ps:

isnt it kind of ironic that the same people who are sending our troops to other countries spilling their blood to enforce democracey are denying their own people their democratic rights
Guinness and jaysay like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 11-07-2013 at 08:34.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 19:56   #205
Senior Member+

Is it true that they get a £30K golden handshake when they get booted out by their constituents - even after only one election period ?
Old 11-07-2013, 20:20   #206
I am Banned

Don't vote for 'em. Find new parties and new ways. This land is in for big upheavals - no one can predict 'em but they are coming.
A little story: there is a street in London with remaindered bookshops (i.e. books that can't be sold at normal prices) I was browsing there just before the Berlin Wall came down and came a cross a weighty tome written by a Russian dissident whose argument was that the Soviet system was all powerful and would eventually dominate the globe. Within 3 or 4 year the Soviet system was in ashes. Think and learn. The things which WILL happen will be things unthinkable to most people today. The world will be very different in 10 or 20 years and it might just fit the ideas you hold and cherish - who knows.
Tesco Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 21:11   #207
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Is it true that they get a £30K golden handshake when they get booted out by their constituents - even after only one election period ?

probbably but thats also about how much of taxpayers money they get each year for the rest of their lives after just one term as a MP..

and some folk think they deserve it because they may not be able to find a job when they leave office ..

perhaps creating jobs so there are jobs available when they come back to teh real world wouldnt hurt lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 11-07-2013, 21:25   #208
God Member

just to show what a bunch of yes men this country is been run by take a peek at this..

Opposition Day — [Unallotted Day] — Disabled People — 10 Jul 2013 at 17:23 — The Public Whip

i was adding it to the above post i made in cotext saying if you ever saw my name on a ballot paper you would be voting for someone in it for the money but at least would vote how you guys wanted on important issues etc but i ran out of time to edit

not one MP in the above link strays from the party line.Its something i do think needs looking at but i wonder how our MP would have voted if milliband had said to vote no.Do you think our MP's vote would still be a yes ? (i highly doubt it)

i dont want a MP who needs to ask his boss which way to vote or be told how to vote i want a MP who will vote fo rthe interest of his constituants not his carrer prospects.

edit:

hang on iv made a mistake - milliband isnt our MP's boss - WE ARE so why arnt we been asked about important issues like the EU ?

Last edited by accyman; 11-07-2013 at 21:29.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:09   #209

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
just to show what a bunch of yes men this country is been run by take a peek at this..

Opposition Day — [Unallotted Day] — Disabled People — 10 Jul 2013 at 17:23 — The Public Whip

i was adding it to the above post i made in cotext saying if you ever saw my name on a ballot paper you would be voting for someone in it for the money but at least would vote how you guys wanted on important issues etc but i ran out of time to edit

not one MP in the above link strays from the party line.Its something i do think needs looking at but i wonder how our MP would have voted if milliband had said to vote no.Do you think our MP's vote would still be a yes ? (i highly doubt it)

i dont want a MP who needs to ask his boss which way to vote or be told how to vote i want a MP who will vote fo rthe interest of his constituants not his carrer prospects.

edit:

hang on iv made a mistake - milliband isnt our MP's boss - WE ARE so why arnt we been asked about important issues like the EU ?

If there was someone outside the local polling booth coercing you to vote a certain way, they'd be hauled off to pokey faster than you could shake a stick. Yet this is a daily event in Parliament..criminals, the lot of them!

I bet half the people voting in this particular vote had no idea what an 'cumulative impact assessment' actually is, they just slavishly follow the party line...and they call this democracy

And for this they deserve a pay rise..the mind boggles
Old 12-07-2013, 06:14   #210
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
If there was someone outside the local polling booth coercing you to vote a certain way, they'd be hauled off to pokey faster than you could shake a stick. Yet this is a daily event in Parliament..criminals, the lot of them!

I bet half the people voting in this particular vote had no idea what an 'cumulative impact assessment' actually is, they just slavishly follow the party line...and they call this democracy

And for this they deserve a pay rise..the mind boggles
Some dipsticks seem to think they deserve a lot more increase than ordinary people, yeh know who i mean? Those who think were all in it together.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..