Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree101Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2013, 12:26   #151
God Member

Re: MPs Pay Rise

im accepting donations for a new keyboard i am not this illiterate in real life

gotta admire sugar he can make money outa turds

the apprentice is proof of that

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-07-2013, 23:09   #152
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
and I paraphrase: I don't think they were forced to become soldiers, we don't have conscription any more (mores the pity but thats fodder for another thread) - that was their decision and they should have been aware of the salary, benefits and dangers before they applied to their local recruiting office.
Perhaps you should read Post 121 again.

Nowhere does it state that members of the Armed Forces were forced to join.
For your education, a recruit is made fully aware of the salaries for each rank in his chosen trade and the charges for accommodation and food - yes those charges are deducted from their salaries.
The prospects, training and promotion possibilities are clearly explained and everything is in writing.
Also, the potential hazards he or she will face are pointed out, not just by the recruiters but by almost daily Press and TV news.
Guinness and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 05-07-2013, 23:16   #153
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Perhaps you should read Post 121 again.

Nowhere does it state that members of the Armed Forces were forced to join.
For your education, a recruit is made fully aware of the salaries for each rank in his chosen trade and the charges for accommodation and food - yes those charges are deducted from their salaries.
The prospects, training and promotion possibilities are clearly explained and everything is in writing.
Also, the potential hazards he or she will face are pointed out, not just by the recruiters but by almost daily Press and TV news.
I doubt it was pointed out to them that they would have to drive though a warzone in a vehicle barely equipped for riot control.
BERNADETTE likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:02   #154
God Member

Nigel Farage on Tv this morning said pay should reflect the degree of responsibilty that goes with the job, and since 75% of decisions have been handed to the EU parliament, then a 75% CUT in pay is appropriate.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:37   #155
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I doubt it was pointed out to them that they would have to drive though a warzone in a vehicle barely equipped for riot control.
No probably not G, but again the decision to equip these Lads with inadequate kit was the responsibility of the money grubbing Politicoes who'd cut the Military budget while still allowing themselves the good life at taxpayers expense!

Government to place £100m order to replace maligned Snatch Land Rovers | UK news | guardian.co.uk
Old 06-07-2013, 09:13   #156
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
No probably not G, but again the decision to equip these Lads with inadequate kit was the responsibility of the money grubbing Politicoes who'd cut the Military budget while still allowing themselves the good life at taxpayers expense!

Government to place £100m order to replace maligned Snatch Land Rovers | UK news | guardian.co.uk
Probably some wise adviser will suggest Range Rovers because they have more wine bottle storage.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 23:36   #157
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post

is it just me or does maligned snatch sound like a really bad lady problem
DaveinGermany likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 18:46   #158
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
is it just me or does maligned snatch sound like a really bad lady problem
As a gentleman I am sure you would help with an realigning as needed
accyman likes this.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:10   #159
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
Oh no, Cashman's calling me a troll again - presumably you can't think of two insults at once.

At the end of the day cashy you've posted nearly 35,000 times and yet you've only been liked 858 times. That's not even 1 in 40 posts. If I took out Less's likes of your posts it'd be worse still. Even his lousy record is 1 in 16. On those metrics I'd retire from the forum altogether as you clearly have nothing of value to add.

I don't think you can be passed the torch as this weeks "dear leader"
Best to know all the facts before shooting yourself in the foot, me thinks
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:13   #160
God Member

Foot IN mouth disease in Singapore

Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease
cashman and jaysay like this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:17   #161
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Nigel Farage on Tv this morning said pay should reflect the degree of responsibilty that goes with the job, and since 75% of decisions have been handed to the EU parliament, then a 75% CUT in pay is appropriate.
In fact Farage said one or two sensible things another being to cut the £55 million per day we pay into the Euro pot, there's a hell of a lot that could be done in this country with that money than waste it on Brussels
Old 08-07-2013, 08:20   #162
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Trust you to find that Margaret
Old 08-07-2013, 08:51   #163
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

Well ive crossed me fingers.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:55   #164
I am Banned

MPs to lose £30,000 ?golden goodbye? | The Times

A step in the right direction Mr C?
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:00   #165
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

That one i aint sure of "D"? would need to have all the info to make a fair assessment on that score.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..