Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Margaret Pilkington 25-01-2019 16:27

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

No Cashy? Which side might that be?
:D:D:D

Margaret Pilkington 25-01-2019 16:28

Sorry....I am only kidding!

accybeme 25-01-2019 17:27

While I agree with you Margaret that the Queen must be seen to be neutral in politics and her remarks are open to interpretation, the Queen does have the power to dissolve parliament, dismiss ministers including the Prime Minister, under what circumstances could the Queen invoke anyone of these actions and be a neutral in politics

Margaret Pilkington 25-01-2019 17:34

Well, yes of course her comments were open to interpretation....and each side of the divide will believe she has sided with them....which is really a neat trick to be able to pull off.
As to your question....I don't think the Queen could do any of those things and still be seen as acting in a neutral manner.
I know that she could do those things, but I cannot see it actually happening.
The Queen is a wise old bird(I say that with the greatest respect).

Since the act of Parliament of 2011(I think!) that fixes the terms of Parliament,the Queen no longer has the power to dissolve Parliament.

Less 25-01-2019 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1223355)
No Cashy? Which side might that be?
:D:D:D

Naughty girl!
You know.

Margaret Pilkington 26-01-2019 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1223373)
Naughty girl!
You know.

Less....thank you....I LOVE the 'girl' bit!

Less 26-01-2019 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1223381)
Less....thank you....I LOVE the 'girl' bit!

Well you are a girl aren't you? We don't want any transgender rubbish upsetting the natives![emoji44]

Margaret Pilkington 26-01-2019 09:54

Yes....I was the last time I looked...but an OLD girl:D

Mark2009 29-01-2019 17:16

Parliament are to vote on an amendment tonight which would take no deal off the table. If no deal is not going to be allowed to happen, does anybody else feel uncomfortable that the EU will see this as their hand being strengthened ? If no deal is not to happen then doesn't that mean we have to accept some deal, any deal that the EU offers to avoid this ?
Mark

Margaret Pilkington 29-01-2019 17:35

Yes of course that is an uncomfortable situation....but I am not sure how this amendment will be effected.
I thought that if a deal could not be ratified, then the default position is to leave and revert to WTO rules.
I thought that a law had to be passed to ensure that this was not the case....and I don't think there would be time before the 29th of March.

I do not 'get' why these supposedly educated people cannot see that by removing the option of leaving without a deal means that we have leverage.

Leaving the EU in a disorderly manner is as damaging to the EU as it is for us...perhaps even more so.

Just an aside here.
That odious man TB says we should trust politicians to know better than us about the EU as it is their Day Job.....trusting politicians is what got us into this mess in the first place.
The job of MP's is to REPRESENT their constituents and disregard their own opinions.....THAT IS THEIR DAY JOB!

cashman 29-01-2019 18:08

What Cameron said when he announced the Referendum was " The result would be IT. simple as, we all know he expected a Remain Vote, but that matter not. These snake get MPs from "ALL" parties are nothing but LIARS, many whose constituents voted Leave the Bitch Yvette Cooper for one whose voters said 70% Leave have been betrayed, alsong with many others, thats the same Bitch that Didn't declare oer 60 grands worth,

DaveinGermany 29-01-2019 18:46

Well Grieves amendment has been defeated by 20 votes, they're now about to vote on the "Balls - Cooper woman" amendment.

DaveinGermany 29-01-2019 19:00

And so has the coniving "Balls-Cooper" woman.

Oorah!

Exile on Spencer St 29-01-2019 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark2009 (Post 1223555)
Parliament are to vote on an amendment tonight which would take no deal off the table. If no deal is not going to be allowed to happen, does anybody else feel uncomfortable that the EU will see this as their hand being strengthened ? If no deal is not to happen then doesn't that mean we have to accept some deal, any deal that the EU offers to avoid this ?
Mark

This amendment was just approved. Despite the metro media telling us for months that Parliament’s wish to avoid what they term ‘no deal’ (by which we know they really mean leaving) was overwhelming, it went through by 8 votes. So that’s really overwhelming.
But, as regards your question, Mark, this and any other amendment is non-binding on a Government. As Margaret suggests, it’s not at all clear how this amendment could be put into effect if the Government didn’t support it.
Anyway, looks like May has got ‘her’ (Brady’s) amendment.

Less 29-01-2019 20:49

Well I'm confused, are we out yet? If not wake me up when we are, I've had more than a belly full of being lied to and I no longer believe the UK to be democratic.