Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

Margaret Pilkington 23-01-2019 10:55

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

History is a lesson....if you do not learn from it then you are destined to make the same mistakes....I don't know who said that....but it still is true today....I am just echoing what was said.

Morecambe Ex Pat 24-01-2019 08:06

What do you say to the remainers who insist that brexiteers have not come up with a single valid argument, for leaving the EU, apart from a few misconceptions?

cashman 24-01-2019 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat (Post 1223269)
What do you say to the remainers who insist that brexiteers have not come up with a single valid argument, for leaving the EU, apart from a few misconceptions?

Its simple the vote was to leave end of story, i would also put a few expletives in as well to knobs like that.

Margaret Pilkington 24-01-2019 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat (Post 1223269)

Well I would ask them to look at the Coudenhove-Kalergi plan.
And if that left them unconvinced I would suggest that perhaps they should take a good look at the Barcelona Drclaration
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qxBVxhFehKs

If you have never heard of this...and believe me, it has not been reported widely, so I think that many people will not have heard of it or know anything about it.

If you look at Europe and the EU, then much of what is proposed in both of these documents, has already come to pass.

The government of the EU is one of deception and it hopes to remove democracy and replace it by elitist government...because we, the people are not thought to be equal to the task of determining our own futures.
The EU aims to wipe out patriotism as this is felt to be a barrier to being 'controlled'...control is what it is about.

So that would be my considered response. It scares the bejasus out of me.

Gremlin 24-01-2019 10:57

I have a cunning plan.
Instead of giving the EU the 38 billion quids or whatever the final sum amounts to, why not offer it to Ireland to come out of the EU.
That would stop the need for the backstop and hard borders.

Margaret Pilkington 24-01-2019 11:05

Love it Russell!

Margaret Pilkington 24-01-2019 13:02

In reference to the Barcelona declaration....I would guess that there are a number of sitting MP's who know nothing about this.
It isn't just what is being done....it is HOW it is being done....in a covert way.
As I said, the more I read and the more sinister the motives appear to be.

Less 24-01-2019 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1223276)
I have a cunning plan.
Instead of giving the EU the 38 billion quids or whatever the final sum amounts to, why not offer it to Ireland to come out of the EU.
That would stop the need for the backstop and hard borders.

This is a touch confusing, are we still on a British standard billion? (1000,000,000,000) or have we along with the rest of the EU adopted the American billion (1000,000,000) I hope it's the latter we'll end up owing less, though the EU will no doubt try to hold out for the former 'owt that will give those grasping continentals more of our brass.

In 2017 R.O.I population was about 5 million so working on the American Billion they would get around £7,600 per person from us, that in itself is one heck of a bribe, if it's the British Billion they would have enough each to buy the U.K. after all, we'd be skint and a bit.

Hill Walker 24-01-2019 14:01

From Wikipedia:-
In 1974, Prime Minister Harold Wilson confirmed that the government would use the word billion only in its short scale meaning (one thousand million). In a written answer to Robin Maxwell-Hyslop MP, who asked whether official usage would conform to the traditional British meaning of a million million, Wilson stated: "No. The word 'billion' is now used internationally to mean 1,000 million and it would be confusing if British Ministers were to use it in any other sense. I accept that it could still be interpreted in this country as 1 million million and I shall ask my colleagues to ensure that, if they do use it, there should be no ambiguity as to its meaning."

accybeme 25-01-2019 15:04

The Queens Statement quote: (respecting different points of views" and "coming together to seek out the common ground)
doesn’t sound like our Queen is respecting the result of the referendum,
surely her statement should have read {my government has a duty to carry through the wishes of the people’s vote in the referendum**

Margaret Pilkington 25-01-2019 15:17

I think the Queen is required to be impartial in politics.

cashman 25-01-2019 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1223347)
I think the Queen is required to be impartial in politics.

Required and doing so are 2 different things.;)

Margaret Pilkington 25-01-2019 15:24

The thing is Cashy....depending on which side of the divide you have parked your opinion on our exit, her comment could be interpreted either way.
To me,that says she was following protocol....she was neither saying she was for it or agin it

Hill Walker 25-01-2019 15:31

Like her predecessor she is clearly not amused.

cashman 25-01-2019 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1223349)
The thing is Cashy....depending on which side of the divide you have parked your opinion on our exit, her comment could be interpreted either way.
To me,that says she was following protocol....she was neither saying she was for it or agin it

Well i'm sure yeh know which side i'm on?:D