Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Mick admin (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/mick-admin-68785.html)

Margaret Pilkington 06-01-2017 19:00

Re: Mick admin

Less, that is a fantastic picture, and it is Mick all over.
I never managed to make it to any of the great get togethers that you had at the Stag and was always a bit envious when I saw the pictures.
Thank you for posting that.

Less 06-01-2017 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1184590)
Less, that is a fantastic picture, and it is Mick all over.
I never managed to make it to any of the great get togethers that you had at the Stag and was always a bit envious when I saw the pictures.
Thank you for posting that.

In case folk are getting confused, Mick is the one sitting down, the one showing the legs is Mez.
:)

Gremlin 06-01-2017 19:19

I'm so sorry to hear about Mick. It must be thirty years ago since I met him when he was helping out some dodgy geezer on the market. We met now and again but I can't say I knew a lot about him. I just hope he doesn't suffer.
I can't think of much else to say really... Chin up mate.

Wynonie Harris 06-01-2017 20:02

So sorry to hear that. Mick. I also missed out on the do's and only met you once for a few pints in the Railway. Anyway, thanks for all your work as a moderator. Hope you're as comfortable as possible. Cheers Steve

gpick24 06-01-2017 21:02

I can only echo the previous comments, I'm sure Neil will do his best but there will be no replacing Mick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotti34 06-01-2017 22:06

Dear Mick

What can I say, this is so sad and words are inadequate. You have given so much to Accrington Web, keeping members in line with tact and sensitivity and you have made it the great site it is. Thank you for your friendship.

I hope you can draw some comfort from knowing how very much you are going to be missed by us all.

My thoughts are with you and with your family.

maxthecollie 06-01-2017 22:19

Very sorry to hear your bad news Mick. I know I have never met you but being on Accyweb is like being with friends. You will be missed by us all on here

Mog 07-01-2017 03:53

So sorry to hear this sad news Mick. I never got to meet you, even when I came back to see some old friend in the Railway but I reckon you did a fantastc job with Accywebb. You will be missed my computor friend.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

ossy kid 07-01-2017 06:04

So sorry to hear your rotten news Mick, you WILL be missed by all your friends on here. Keep smiling, knowing that everyone is with you. Thanks for all your help, Bryan.
God bless you and your family.

Bob Dobson 07-01-2017 08:43

I have long believed that Accyweb is the best, ie most successful, town website in the county - perhaps even the country. How many others have gone under, never having achieved the usage rate we have.? - Blackburn & Burnley for starters

AccyMad 07-01-2017 09:29

Sad news & must've took a lot of guts to post on here what you & your family are going through. Only met you once when you delivered a prize my then 16 yr old son won in a photography competition but I know the hard work you've put into making this site a success, take care

Greeny 07-01-2017 10:13

as far as I am aware we have never met. Judging by this forum you are a very popular man. All I can say is enjoy what time you have left and a BIG thank you for all you have done.

Aussie Irene 07-01-2017 11:01

I echo the same sentiments.

bernie94 07-01-2017 11:03

Such sad news Mick, thoughts are with you and your family,you will be sadly missed.

Romps 07-01-2017 14:36

Much love and prayers for you Mick xx