Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Mick admin (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/mick-admin-68785.html)

Margaret Pilkington 05-02-2017 18:24

Re: Mick admin

Sounds about right Neil.
I bet he is not a patient patient. Anne has my sympathy:)

shillelagh 14-02-2017 22:48

I saw Anne on Saturday in accy .. and she was saying hes complaining hes had no visitors ... I did say id go and visit him .. when I get better as id started sneezing again last week .. sunday I starred and had an ambulance outside .. when I do eventually get over all of this .. i'll go and see him ... and bug him ... just because ..:D

dotti34 15-02-2017 06:42

When I read Shillelagh’s posting I was surprised (and have to say a bit disappointed) that Mick isn’t being inundated with visitors. I wonder if it’s because people who would really like to visit and spend some time with him haven’t done so because they have been worried that Mick might be feeling too tired and weary to bother with a visit and that they would be intruding. Or maybe they feel they just wouldn’t know what to talk about under the circumstances.

Apparently he does want visitors, and although he must be feeling very low (and who wouldn’t in the same situation) it sounds like it would do him a world of good to have a few people call in to see him. As for what to talk about, he probably just wants to know what’s going on around the place and maybe do a bit of reminiscing.

By the way, I would be more than happy to give him an afternoon of my ‘scintillating’ conversation (that’s a joke, Joyce) but 12,000 miles is a bit too far to travel. Sorry, Mick. Anyway, I do hope Mick gets lots of people calling in to see him now that they know he would like that.

Margaret Pilkington 15-02-2017 07:03

Dotti, I think you have hit the nail on the head there.
My father had lung cancer and it was a huge effort for him to breathe let alone talk...and yes, there is the sensitive issue of what to talk about when you know that someone has a life shortening condition.
Not everyone can deal with these issues sensitively. In short we are afraid we will end up with a foot in the mouth.
Then there are those members who have their own plates full of stuff to deal with.(I am pretty sure Mick would not want us to go and talk about our own difficulties...and he would ask about our families because he is that sort of guy. Comparing hospital experiences and the relative merits of consultants, swapping medical histories isn't a cheering event)
It isn't that we don't care, it isn't necessarily that we haven't time. You cannot pour from an empty cup.

Margaret Pilkington 15-02-2017 12:44

I have offered to go round and give Mick a Blanket bath...while my brillo pad is new and rust free.
It isn't good to wait until the brillo gets old, out of shape and a bit rusty(sounds a lot like me).
I am sure this would be a once in a lifetime experience.....I might just ask Jen if she would like to assist by rubbing him dry after I have done the wet stuff!

Neil 15-02-2017 13:46

Please don't post any photographs of it

Margaret Pilkington 15-02-2017 14:24

Why Not Neil?

Don't you think it would be family viewing? I would pixelate the important little places :D

I can't imagine Mick allowing me anywhere near him with a camera....well, not in a stae of undress anyway.

shillelagh 15-02-2017 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1187598)
I have offered to go round and give Mick a Blanket bath...while my brillo pad is new and rust free.
It isn't good to wait until the brillo gets old, out of shape and a bit rusty(sounds a lot like me).
I am sure this would be a once in a lifetime experience.....I might just ask Jen if she would like to assist by rubbing him dry after I have done the wet stuff!

please let me recover first!!!! :D everyone has had colds and flu .. and cant go round till they've got rid of that that's why no one has been round ...:(

Rowlf 15-02-2017 14:37

Can't make my mind up who would have the most fun you or Mick.

cashman 15-02-2017 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1187607)
Why Not Neil?

Don't you think it would be family viewing? I would pixelate the important little places :D

I can't imagine Mick allowing me anywhere near him with a camera....well, not in a stae of undress anyway.

So why would yeh get undressed to photograph Mick?:D

Margaret Pilkington 15-02-2017 16:36

No Cashy...I would not be undressed....it would be be Mick who would be be undressed so that he could benefit from my new Brillo pad and lots of hot soapy water.

Margaret Pilkington 15-02-2017 16:59

Anyway, Mick seeing me in a state of undress is enough to put him right back in the hospital.

DaveinGermany 19-02-2017 22:08

Bobbed into Accy with the Witchy one this evening on our way home from Yorkingshire land, spent a bit of time cadging a brew & chatting with Mick & Anne about this & that. All things considered, the pair of them are cracking on with their lives as best as conditions permit so lots of respect to a lovely couple.