Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Mick admin (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/mick-admin-68785.html)

Margaret Pilkington 10-01-2017 09:31

Re: Mick admin

Neil, it is good to know that he is probably going to get home soon.

It is the best place to be. There is nothing like the comfort of your own surroundings.
You can do what you want, when you want...and you can be close to those who mean the most to you.

shillelagh 13-01-2017 16:39

hes well enough to be complaining about the food ... :p went to see him today ... :p

Margaret Pilkington 13-01-2017 17:22

He needs to be home then he can have what he fancies to eat and drink.
To be truthful, the food at RBH is dire. It is enough to make you I'll!

Neil 13-01-2017 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1185236)
He needs to be home then he can have what he fancies to eat and drink.
To be truthful, the food at RBH is dire. It is enough to make you I'll!

Might be more truth to that than you know :rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 13-01-2017 18:28

Oh I know that is the truth.
Ma was in there not that long ago and the food was rank. I was taking grub for her everyday and stuff for the other ladies that were in her bay too.

How on earth you are expected to get well on the food they provide is beyond me.

When I was training it was always stressed to us that good (and appropriate) nourishing food was as important as medicine.

Retlaw 13-01-2017 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1185245)
Oh I know that is the truth.
Ma was in there not that long ago and the food was rank. I was taking grub for her everyday and stuff for the other ladies that were in her bay too.

How on earth you are expected to get well on the food they provide is beyond me.

When I was training it was always stressed to us that good (and appropriate) nourishing food was as important as medicine.

Our Ali was int next bed to you mum one time.
I've ony been in there once, never again, they have'nt a clue about vegetarians, all my meals were brought in from home, mostly sarnies,
any thing delivered by their staff were put where you couldn't reach it, no body axed if you were ok, pace-eggers wizzing about wi arms full o paper work an proper nurse's int blue uniforms like Sister Margaret, were as scarce as bobbies on streets of Accrington.
Killed my best mate with wrong treatment, an infected wife's friend wi sumat she never went in with, now a bed ridden invalid, a'l stick me wet finger int wall socket first, my time on planet earth is nearly up any way, ad sooner dee at whom, than i thad Charnel house.

Margaret Pilkington 13-01-2017 20:46

Yes that was when Ma had her stroke...she has been in with heart attack and heart failure since then and it hadn't got any better.

Gordon Booth 05-02-2017 16:34

Has anyone any info on how Mick is?
Did he get to go home? I hope so.

Margaret Pilkington 05-02-2017 16:47

Glad you asked that question Gordon, I have been thinking of him and wondering the same thing.

Neil 05-02-2017 17:12

He's been home for almost a couple of weeks now. They are looking for a ground floor flat to move into to make things easier as Mick needs to use oxygen often so their current home isn't easy for them.

I was hoping he would have been back online by now telling us how bad hospital food is.

Margaret Pilkington 05-02-2017 17:18

Thanks for that info Neil. Good to hear he is home. I am sure it will be difficult for him in his current home.
I hope they get his housing issues sorted very soon. It will be a weight off his mind when they do.

Less 05-02-2017 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1186923)
He's been home for almost a couple of weeks now. They are looking for a ground floor flat to move into to make things easier as Mick needs to use oxygen often so their current home isn't easy for them.

I was hoping he would have been back online by now telling us how bad hospital food is.

I understand what you mean, it would be great to have him posting, no doubt he will get in touch when ready.

DaveinGermany 05-02-2017 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1186932)
I understand what you mean, it would be great to have him posting, no doubt he will get in touch when ready.

More than happy to go along with that sentiment.

Margaret Pilkington 05-02-2017 17:53

Me too.
He needs to concentrate on his health.

Neil 05-02-2017 18:10

I've just messaged Anne telling her Mick's being asked about, she says to tell you all he's ok in himself and a pain in the backside so sounds like his usual self :D