Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2006, 11:08   #16
God Member

Re: 9/11

I heard, I read, I think.. What beggers belief is that so many of you believe so much twaddle.. Just because someone made a docu video then it must be true ? deary me..

If any of you are interested in buying some land.... meet me on blackpool beach at 2pm ... I have loads for sale
Old 09-08-2006, 11:22   #17

I NEVER said it must be true, i just said what i have heard in response to Lex`s posts.

But at the same time throughout life people have different beliefs, religion, politics etc.. who believes everything a party political broadcast campaign says? who believes everything a tv advert says, who believes everything they are told by who ever.. a documentary or people in power or someone in the pub.
It is good that people question what they hear from whoever they hear it, otherwise we are just puppets who believe whatever whoever wants us to belief. I am not a puppet.. and neither are people who search for different aspects to a situation rather than just believing what they are expected to believe.
those were the days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:33   #18
God Member

I didn't say I believed it either, I just said it's interesting and possible. The only film I've seen kipax is one explaining how the building was supposed to be airplane proof but did infact have a flaw in the design, it was biult from panels that were held up by a central column, the heat of the fuel from those planes apparently buckled the the metal and with the weight of the floors above, THAT floor gave way, the weight of all those floors hitting the floor below, which must have been tremendous, just crushed it. Once the mementum was there the rest just got crushed.
From what I remember of seeing it live it collapsed from the top down, not from the bottom up which is what would happen if there was an explosion at the bottom that blew up the central column. It helps if you know just how the building worked and how it was put together.
When it was built it was unique, its not really one sky scraper but several built on top of each other. No lift went to all floors, each lift went to ground, then something like 15th, 30th, 45th floor, each of these were called sky lobies, then you got a lift from the sky lobby to the floor you wanted. Otherwise you'd have spent all day in the lift. The outside walls were like jigsaw puzzle pieces, which were light but strong enough to do their job, from what I can remember there wasn't an external steel structure like most buildings, the weight was carried by the central column. Maybe this is what they meant but airplane proof, the chances of anything severing the central column would be slim.
But then there was all that fuel.
Don't quote me on any of that though as it's just off the top of my head
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 12:39   #19
Junior Member+

I dont think we can agree whats right and whats wrong but we can Discuss it and be serios about it, and we all have our beliefs on what happend and it my terms none of us are right or wrong becuase we see what we want belive.

I would to say thank you for everyone who has taken part in this serious disscussion that we have all had too, by all means please post more links and facts so we can read you have all been a great help with this.

http://www.myspace.com/74619835
lex luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 19:50   #20
God Member

I believe what I want surrounding the towers the same as others believe what they want but to think we are tards because we cannot be converted is wrong!!! We are all free minded and I for one aint indoctrinated in owt!!!

Some of what you have about America may be true but they are best summed up as a bit paranoid, big proud ego's, and a case of F&^%$ with me and I will F&^% with you.

As for the rest well as I said I aint indoctrinated into anything.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 17:02   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex luther
I dont think we can agree whats right and whats wrong but we can Discuss it and be serios about it, and we all have our beliefs on what happend and it my terms none of us are right or wrong becuase we see what we want belive.

I would to say thank you for everyone who has taken part in this serious disscussion that we have all had too, by all means please post more links and facts so we can read you have all been a great help with this.
I don't have the link available, but I'm sure if you search in the CNN film archive you will come across a ground shot of the South Tower about 20 minutes prior to collapse. Look closely and you will see Fred Dibnah lighting up some tyres within a hole he has drilled out of the corner. You will also see a similar sooty blaze coming from a pile of tyres at the bottom of the North Tower.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 17:44   #22
Yank in King Art's Court!

Appreciate the thoughts of KIPAXS and SUGGIEJ. I wasn't either in NY or PA diuring 9/11 but believe what is said and shown to have happen happened.

The FACTS about the plane that HIT the Pentagon are from a friend who was literally at ground zero. He was an electrician overseeing work in that wing. My friend HEARD the deafening sound of the jet's engine, saw people burning, had to wipe JET fuel off his own glasses, had 2 of his company's truck melted by the intense heat, and watched from a distance all the goings on.

He was never asked not to speak about it!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 19:12   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex luther
There is now way that the twin towers were brought down by them planes becuase there were explosives in the buildings and before people how could they get there, several weeks before most of the floors at the trade center were evauated for strange drills and a few days after Sniffing dogs were removed from the trade center for un-known reasons and 2 months before the owner of the Wtc took out a 7.7 millon insurance policy which coverd terriost attacks.
Oh please shut up. Dont even get me started on this topic. What utter crap.

You cannot prove ANY of them theories you have just claimed! Explosives in the buildings.. sniffer dogs removed.. owner taking out insurance?! Ive never heard such crap in my life. You cant prove any of this, so why are you saying it? Its from what you have read on some internet site trying to get publicity. Its absolute b*llocks.

And surely it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that the planes flew into the buildings, destroying (severely damaging) the structure. Which caused the weight of the floors above to collapse onto the floors below?.. sending the towers down?

Go take your nonsense elsewhere.
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 20:57   #24
God Member

When something dosnt make sence conclusions are made and wether right or wrong they stick. What happened is something that aint gonna be answered for certain regardless of what we think hear say or do.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 12-08-2006, 21:37   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan_brotherz
Oh please shut up. Dont even get me started on this topic. What utter crap.

Go take your nonsense elsewhere.
My final words on this are what happened to people being allowed to express their opinions without being insulted or got at for their views. It`s supposed to be a free country i take it Accy Web is not a free site for people`s VARYING opinions to be allowed without people calling each other?

I for one, do not wish to be part of such a site, where insults are flared at for people`s opinions.

I`ll leave this group of VARYING people with a thought to consider:

How come when party political broadcasts and election campaigns are being brandished everywhere do the majority of people say "stupid politicians always tell lies," then once in power the same people take every word that comes out of their mouths to be gospel?
I am glad that some people question what they are told and make their own minds up opposed to being media puppets, spoon fed what they must think, what they must believe.

So good luck to all you, And please LEARN to respect others, how can you respect yourselves if you can`t respect others?
those were the days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 15:00   #26
Always EVIL within us

I'm with Kipax on this one. (I think thats twice now in as many months ) I have watched many of the conspiracy theories and I personally believe the "official" version of events is the truth.

There are idiots out there that have nothing better to do than "enlighten" gullable surfers. If you believe them, you probably believe that man has not yet stepped on to the moons surface.
Old 13-08-2006, 15:15   #27
Senior Member+

what i find shocking is that 1 outta 5 americans - or something close to that cant remember when 9/11 was
Old 13-08-2006, 16:04   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
what i find shocking is that 1 outta 5 americans - or something close to that cant remember when 9/11 was
Thaose that cant remember maybe dont want to remember and are trying to move on. The Twin Towers destruction wont be forgotten but people still have to move on and get on with life. If they dont terrorists of every creed colour and religion will have won. Do we really want that?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 13-08-2006, 16:23   #29
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Fact The Website for MI5, (yes our secret service actually does have a website you can view it here if you don’t believe me), announced that from the 1st of August 2006 they would have a new terrorist-o-meter on their web pages. This would let us know when it's safe to go onto the streets.

Fact Within days of this happening our security forces uncovered a plot to destroy thousands of lives by blowing up airliners, (this caused the terrorist-o-meter to go up from serious to critical).

Fact Within hours after this disruption, airports were gridlocked, security checks stepped up and the only hand luggage to be taken on board in clear polythene bags.

Conspiracy theory number One There was no terrorist plot it was just a web master somewhere trying to prove that all the money invested in work he had put in to the terrorist-o-meter was worth spending.

Conspiracy theory number Two There was a terrorist plot but using liquid chemicals to blow up the ‘planes was a bluff, they had already sold the airports the plastic explosives disguised as cheap clear polythene bags so that innocent passengers could smuggle the explosives on board for them. This must be true because otherwise where would the airports have got so many bags from at such short notice?
(Whatever you do don’t squeeze the handles too hard that’s where the detonators are hidden).

If either of the above conspiracy's is of interest to you then please copy and paste them to any other site you like, but will you please ensure that any royalties for the above stories comes to me.

Last edited by Less; 13-08-2006 at 16:31.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..