Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2007, 17:58   #31
Resident Waffler

Re: 9/11 Cover up???

I have never seen a building which has been on fire suddenly collapse in on itself. You usually see the burnt out shell when the fire has died down or been put out.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2007, 18:14   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
There's always people ready with theories about why things happen, be it man made tragedies such as this, or natural ones.

It's only just over twenty years ago that the Chief Constable of Greater Manchester James Anderton, said that AIDS had been sent by God to free the world of homosexuality, this was echoed by the then editor of the Sunday Times Andrew Neil.
Ah yes..the now "Sir Cyril James Anderton".. and the yet to be unannouced "Sir Andrew Neil"..God must move in mysterious ways indeed.
back to the subject, if the CIA, and I presume the conspiracy bods do mean the CIA are the perpetrators of the 9/11 tragedy.. how many people are involed in this murderous attack.. I mean roughly how many Americans would do this and just keep quite?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 19:35   #33
Foreign Correspondent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
And to the prat that just sent me neg karma for my post on this subject... get a life coward and sign.
Gave you some positive Karma, Mancie! Enjoy!

When in darkness or in doubt, visit Oswaldtwistle!
Billcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 19:49   #34
God Member

well cheers billcat..a welcome respite in this world of Dons and the there "capos" we peasants do at least appreiciate the nice people in here
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 20:26   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I have never seen a building which has been on fire suddenly collapse in on itself. You usually see the burnt out shell when the fire has died down or been put out.
....... But on the other hand willow, how often do we see fires fuelled by aviation fluid in buildings of that height to make a comparison with?
Old 19-02-2007, 20:44   #36
Resident Waffler

Ah but was WT7 fuelled by aviation fuel? And if so, how?

Old 19-02-2007, 20:49   #37
God Member

LOL! Fair enough, that's true

I don't go in for all those conspiracy theories so I'd be no match, I will withdraw from this thread ....... quickly
Old 19-02-2007, 22:12   #38
God Member

If I got 10 pound for every conspiricy and or cover up I would be rich. It keeps some people happy trying to prove these events are not what they seem and that they are a bit like a magic show.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 22:15   #39
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
I didn't watch it, but I can imagine it to be like the 1000's of other conspiracy videos such as Loose Change which are so full of inacuracies its unbelievable, but told in a way that will make the audience believe the crazy contraptions they call 'truth'.
As well as the evangelic preachers of conspiracy theories, delivering their ill founded claims to stadiums packed with whooping morons, they also interviewed the nerdy young man who made the Loose Change film.

He's been offered a job in Hollywood on the back of his silly little film.

Why doesn't that suprise me?

I honestly watched the programme last night with an open mind. None of the conspiracy theories put forward, couldn't be independently explained, and some of them are just being used as proganda by racist groups.

...but perhaps it was all just proganda, and I was supposed to believe that after watching the programme, because Tony Blair, the Queen, and George W Bush are all really lizards, and that's what they want us to believe.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 22:24   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

watched it, the only cover up i can see is with the response to the information recieved. thats more believable than all the band wagon jumpers, who only achieve upset and distress to the poor sods who lost family n friends.
Old 21-02-2007, 11:05   #41
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
There was, and the programme showed identifiable wreckage of an American Airline's plane, as well as interviewing people who saw the wreckage.

I suppose conspiracy theorists will just say it was planted, and the so called members of the public are government plants.

Like I said earlier, all quite sad.
Yes there was wreckage. Nice shiney wreckage that had come off a plane which hit at over 530 and burned at over 1000c. But no burn marks or anything... strange.
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2007, 11:09   #42
Resident Waffler

Yes that lawn looked pretty good for a crash site.

Old 21-02-2007, 11:31   #43
Give, give, give member

Don't forget George W Bush wasn't elected President until November 2000.

Do you really think this could have all been planned a conspiracy in a little over nine months?

We can't even finish building the new Wembley stadium on time, and that's been going on for years.

Old 21-02-2007, 11:51   #44
Resident Waffler

Who says George W. Bush was behind it? Or even knew about it.

Old 21-02-2007, 11:57   #45
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Who says George W. Bush was behind it? Or even knew about it.

That's just one of the theories, as well as there being five men that run the whole world, or that the people involved are really lizards from a distant galaxy.

To me conspiracy theories are like religion, I don't believe in either, and I've seen no credible evidence to support either.

I'll just have to accept that some people believe in them, and whatever I say will not convince them that they exist.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..