Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2006, 21:42   #76
Junior Member+

Re: A question for Mums

i can see her point but it seems obvious that if she was concerned about her being on her own that someone would go with her to make sure she was getting on the bus safley....
thomas3.16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-11-2006, 21:48   #77

I think that we've already been through all this and I'm sure that Willow will not wish to keep repeating herself (apologies if I am wrong Willow). All aspects of this topic have already been discussed. Please read through the thread again and you will see what I mean.
Old 22-11-2006, 12:32   #78
Resident Waffler

Thank you Caspar, yes I think we have already been through all this and, if you read my opening post, Thomas you will see why I started this thread. You will see that my question was directed to other mothers to see if any others shared my concerns about not letting a child stand alone in the dark on a deserted street corner. Even the person I spoke to at the Hope Centre agreed with me on that.

If you'd bothered to read all my posts you might even have noticed that I said I wished I hadn't answered the post in which someone asked me which youth club it was. I should have let it remain anonymous but hindsight is a wonderful thing. This wasn't started as a thread of complaint. It was started as a query to see if others shared my view or thought I was being over protective. The initial replies indicated that I was not alone in my vews.

If you had bothered to read my posts you would have noticed also that there was no-one available to go down there with her and wait with her on that particular day. If my husband had been at home he would have taken her to the youth club himself in our car, never mind to the street corner rendezvous. I cannot drive so cannot do so, and I also have some health problems at present which make it extremely difficult for me to be able to stand for any length of time, partcularly in the cold and wet. Apart from which I don't even think it's a safe place for an adult to lurk in the dark let alone a child. If you'd read the whole thread you would have noticed that too.

I find it odd that you joined this forum purely to attack me in this thread. If you are a representatve of the Hope Centre you're really not doing it any favours. All you are doing is putting my daughter, and maybe others too, off going there again. Is that your intention? As I said, it wasn't their idea to go in the first place. They have been repeatedly invited by others on behalf of the youth club/church. I have also said that I have no objections to them going, but sadly you are beginning to change my mind on that now.

The person I spoke to on the phone at the Hope Centre on the other hand did give me a far more favourable impression of the church and the youth club than you are doing. Last Friday the mini bus called here. If the Youth Pastor and the driver object to doing that at any time in the future, and if my husband is working then my daughter(s) simply won't go. It won't worry them. They have plenty of other interests and things they can do on a Friday evening.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 17:56   #79
Junior Member+

i didnt join this thread to attack you i was just joining in on the first thing that caught my eye.......
i had not heard of the youth club untill i read your threads and was just trying to spark a debate
Old 22-11-2006, 18:38   #80
Resident Waffler

We've already had the debate Thomas.

Old 22-11-2006, 18:59   #81
Junior Member+

ive just started a new thread please feel free to join in..didnt mean to offend
Old 22-11-2006, 19:02   #82
I am Banned

if it was such a problem wouldnt the parent walk their child to the pick up point ?

ONLY KIDDING ............
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 22:50   #83
Resident Waffler

Would you like me to come round and give you a thump?

Old 23-11-2006, 09:59   #84

Calm down, calm down, EVERYONE JUST CALM DOWN!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 10:13   #85
Resident Waffler

Can I thump Chav first please Nell? Can I? Can I? Can I? Oh go on please say I can!

I could do it on Saturday if you like at the meet.

Old 23-11-2006, 10:26   #86

ERM, WELL AS IT IS cHAV, THEN OF COURSE, GO FOR IT! AND DO IT AT THE MEET, SO WE CAN ALL WATCH
Old 23-11-2006, 10:27   #87
Resident Waffler

Shall I bring my whip?

Old 23-11-2006, 10:34   #88

Oooooh kinky! Have you got one of those balls with studs on it and a chain? Cos that would be better lol
Old 23-11-2006, 10:39   #89
Resident Waffler

Think the kids lost that - souvenirs from hen party last year, courtesy of Mez and Nette!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..