Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2003, 09:08   #46

Post Re: Accrington is rubbish

Accrington is great, great pubs and great folks what more can anyone ask for! ;D
tracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2003, 09:37   #47
Jo

Maybe a bit more sunshine wouldn't go amiss, but otherwise, you're right, Tracey!
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 15:27   #48
Senior Member+

Yeh it did yuse ta smell in town because of the River Stink (River Hyndburn) was so polluted,many days got a nasty whiff from that pongy water in town,now it's clean in town and the only whiff is Animal Muck ;D from off the hills.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 23:50   #49

Re: Accrington is rubbish

Hi Went down Accrington on mad friday .. had a good night but couldent get in bridge it was manic .Wish you all a merry christmas .Dave
flechone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2007, 23:53   #50
Senior Member+

where did you go??

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007, 01:07   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
Great place to re-start your life, but the nightlife's not as good as in Memphis.
and the nightlife is sometimes as dead as elvis
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007, 01:09   #52

i also went down accy last night and it was packed and bloody buzzing like the old days.
however,its only like that once a year nowadays
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007, 03:21   #53
I am Banned

its been rubbish since all the asians moved here moved here.
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007, 04:00   #54
I am Banned

no i am not racist,but when the whites in accrington are slowly becoming the ethnic minority and being treated like 2nd class citizens i have a right to free speech,you try driving your car round accrington windows down and music blaring out,waving large flags out of your car windows, try parking outside the town hall or even driving through the so-called pedestrianised area in front of the town hall,with your music blaring, even when they have weddings in the town hall they are allowed to park all there bww,s mercs and all the top of the range cars on the pavement outside the town hall and on the pedestrian areas also try walking down blackburn road from willows lane towards church,try walikng on the left hand side off the pavement,bloody impossible and its mostly asian delivery drivers or just plain lazy asian drivers who think its their god (sorry allah given right) to do what they want when they want and plead racial harrassment when they are even told they are parking there illegally,no i am not racist BUT THERE SHOULD NOT BE 1 LAW FOR 1 AND 1 LAW FOR THE OTHERS
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007, 22:44   #55
Senior Member+

what an interesting thread...
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007, 22:53   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan7554 View Post
no i am not racist,but when the whites in accrington are slowly becoming the ethnic minority and being treated like 2nd class citizens i have a right to free speech,you try driving your car round accrington windows down and music blaring out,waving large flags out of your car windows, try parking outside the town hall or even driving through the so-called pedestrianised area in front of the town hall,with your music blaring, even when they have weddings in the town hall they are allowed to park all there bww,s mercs and all the top of the range cars on the pavement outside the town hall and on the pedestrian areas also try walking down blackburn road from willows lane towards church,try walikng on the left hand side off the pavement,bloody impossible and its mostly asian delivery drivers or just plain lazy asian drivers who think its their god (sorry allah given right) to do what they want when they want and plead racial harrassment when they are even told they are parking there illegally,no i am not racist BUT THERE SHOULD NOT BE 1 LAW FOR 1 AND 1 LAW FOR THE OTHERS

hahahaha ... i cant believe the tripe you arecoming out with.....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2007, 06:35   #57
God Member

heh, first a 4 year pld thread is revived, then we get the crap that alan posts. Have you never heard of punctuation?

With regards to the content of your post, its clear you do have racists issues. I see just as many whites breaking the law, perhaps your just blinkered to them though. There are issues that need sorting. Parking is generally ignored wherever you are in Accy unless its a day the wardens turn up, then they only want to do teh streets used by decent people. I challanged one the other week, I'd just driven down Blackburn road and teh amount of cars parked round the bottom of Willows lane was a joke. I told him to walk on ther and have a field day, would he? Not on your nelly.

So alan, stop spouting racist crap if you actually want something done about things get up to see your council leader/traffic super and get something done.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2007, 07:49   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
heh, first a 4 year pld thread is revived, then we get the crap that alan posts. Have you never heard of punctuation

So alan, stop spouting racist crap if you actually want something done about things get up to see your council leader/traffic super and get something done.

Thailand is a long way to travel from just to see a council leader!!
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2007, 18:10   #59
God Member

Alan has a knack of sounding racist I have to agree, however, I travel up and down Blackburn road past where Aleks posted a photo the other day, and have to agree that the majority breaking the law there, and on the roundabouts on Willows lane, and who do not give way to traffic coming up the hill etc etc are asian, in particular, taxi drivers, and shop delivery drivers, but as that area is predominantly asian, wouldn't that be expected? and if it were predominantly white populace, would it be any different? I think not, what would change however, is that traffic wardens would frequent the area more, and issue more tickets, were the motorists white. I know this because I used to run a business which was plagued by drivers visiting a mosque on saturdays, but the only parking tickets ever issued in 2 years were before and after the mosque visit, and 99% white drivers.
Old 31-10-2009, 13:08   #60
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan7554 View Post
its been rubbish since all the asians moved here moved here.
.... sorry, didn't realise it was an old thread .... i'll leave my comments to myself.

Last edited by accyweb; 31-10-2009 at 13:12.
accyweb is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..