Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2005, 22:51   #16
God Member

Re: Anybody into WWE

This is the part where I go to bed tinks, can't stand wrestling seeya tommoz
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-01-2005, 10:00   #17
Senior Member+

yes the wwe provides good entertainment.we do realise its all fiction,but would anyone on here have the bottle (or stupidity)to just stand there while someone hits them repeatidly with a chair sledgehammer or set of stepladders.or have drawing pins strewn accross the ring while you carried on doing the moves they do.GOOD ON YOU TINKS KEEP WATCHING AND ENJOY
mthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 18:39   #18

cant remember how long ago but was watching it live it was an IN YOUR HOUSE event owen hart was meant to be coming down from the roof into the ring and the ropes snapped so in front of a packed out arena he fell over a hundred foot into the ring and died instantly .As for the other night triple h s match was decent and kanes but the rest was rubbish that maven match was a joke .Forgot about raw live on monday night as well think its repeated tomoz night
rockrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 20:23   #19

yes i am into metal : ) and of corse I've known wrestling is fake for ages. It's mostly choreographies. It's still cool though. Glad to see wrestling still kiscks butt in the heart of britain still.
Old 14-01-2005, 08:54   #20
Senior Member+

yeah wrestling arranaed before hand but they cant be ready for everthing.went to watch raw oct 04 and an over eager fan decided to run in on main event,shaun michaels ,chris benoit and batista dealt with him.
Old 14-01-2005, 18:16   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrabbit
cant remember how long ago but was watching it live it was an IN YOUR HOUSE event owen hart was meant to be coming down from the roof into the ring and the ropes snapped so in front of a packed out arena he fell over a hundred foot into the ring and died instantly .
OMG!!! I'm glad i wasn't watching then! They scare me enough with some of the silly moves they do like Lita the other week against Trish (Litas kneck) and think Eugene guenuinly bust his knee up last week!
Old 14-01-2005, 18:25   #22

so you wouldnt have enjoyed seeing stone cold steve austin getting his neck broke and his oponenet owen hart not realising it and carried on throwing him round the ring or mankind/mick foley back in his japanese days fighting in rings with barb wire ropes and having his ear ripped off by getting it caught on the barb wire plus the cage match he did where he got thrown off the top 15 ft high onto pins and as much as its acting that i couldnt work out it must have hurt no matter what
Old 14-01-2005, 18:30   #23
God Member

Quote:
so you wouldnt have enjoyed seeing stone cold steve austin getting his neck broke and his oponenet owen hart not realising it and carried on throwing him round the ring or mankind/mick foley back in his japanese days fighting in rings with barb wire ropes and having his ear ripped off by getting it caught on the barb wire plus the cage match he did where he got thrown off the top 15 ft high onto pins and as much as its acting that i couldnt work out it must have hurt no matter what
OMG NO!!! Seen some of Foleys antics that is quite funny God kows what possesses them but it's enjoyable to watch. I can't watch Benoit does his diving head butt or undertaker with his tombstone they are just accidents waiting to happen
Old 14-01-2005, 18:32   #24
God Member

Randy Orton had a do with mankind with a drawing pin match that was horrific!!!!!!!
Old 14-01-2005, 18:33   #25

sure ti was through something like a pile driver why stone cold got his neck broke ive read a few of there biographys and the wwe might be acting but working your way into it through the smaller organisations isnt some of em are on that wrestling channel on sky
Old 14-01-2005, 18:36   #26
God Member

yeah i've noticed them on wrestling channel bit tongue-in-cheek though don't you think?
Quote:
sure ti was through something like a pile driver why stone cold got his neck broke ive read a few of there biographys and the wwe might be acting but working your way into it through the smaller organisations isnt some of em are on that wrestling channel on sky
Old 14-01-2005, 18:43   #27

some of it is a bit cheesy seen better acting in coronation street then gaain so was the wwf when i started watching it in about 1990 with the hulk and ultimate warrior .Still waiting to see if the rock will ever fight again or has randy orton been brought in to replace him both young both about the same build both come from a group and they both mouth off the same
Old 14-01-2005, 18:44   #28
God Member

Been to see both Smackdown and Raw live at MEN Arena Raw always push the boundries more and put on the better show. Smackdown has more a comical element to it!
Old 14-01-2005, 18:46   #29
God Member

wouldn't be surprised if Rock's there at wrestlemania in April he usually is because he's a crowd pleaser
Old 14-01-2005, 18:49   #30

a mate on the bburn board went to the smackdown one at the MEN it was when taker fought heidenreich .Dont really watch to much of smackdown got a bit boring with eddie and bradshaw and kurt angle aint what he used to be it cant compare when you have fights like the one at revolution

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..