Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2005, 19:54   #91
God Member

Re: Anybody into WWE

Something else that bothers me is he was only a few years older than me. Drugs and steriods aside he was fitter than me. Makes me wonder about life a bit more and maybe I should take it a little more serious.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-11-2005, 21:44   #92
God Member

I wouldn't worry too much Spug. As I've discussed tonight with a fellow fan, the battering these athletes give their bodies is extreme! Eddie has taken quite a few dodgey looking chair hits to the back of his head in matches lately. These things must take there tole on their bodies and all in the name of entertainment!

I watched the press conference earlier and though Eddies alcohol and substance abuse was common knowledge, it didn't sound like it was a factor in his death, he had been clean for 4 year and was proud of that fact. I don't think anything will be known until an autopsy has been carried out.
Old 14-11-2005, 10:33   #93
Senior Member+

i think most likely the cause will b heart faliure

prob due to the fact he bulked up so much in the last few yrs so quick. recently though i do think he was toned down from his earlier months... maybe thta contributed
Old 14-11-2005, 11:24   #94
white rabbits

that age is too young to die ..
Old 14-11-2005, 12:09   #95
I am Banned

just watched his last match and that chair shot he took from the newish wrestler looked kinda suspect

like tinks said though when you get men bashing each other around the ring the way they do the damage can add up
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2005, 12:18   #96
white rabbits

i thought it was all staged and acting ,but now i am not so sure .
Old 14-11-2005, 12:44   #97
I am Banned

it sis all staged granny but they realy do hit each other with the chairs but they do it so it looks worse than it actualy is

one wrestler called mick foley was once thrown 30 feet to the gloor onto a table which he went through

although they have training on how to break a fall you cant fake been thrown 30 feet througha table , these guys put themselves through a lot of pain for the sake of entertainment
Old 14-11-2005, 13:42   #98
God Member

Big bucks big risks even for these athletes. They have to ask is it really worth it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 14-11-2005, 15:39   #99
Senior Member+

exactly

its like a much more violent coronation st...

all scripted but what happens in the ring is makin the other wrestler look good.

fallin 50 feet from the edge and riskign being paralysed is no fake...
Old 14-11-2005, 17:44   #100
God Member

Yes it is scripted and most of them are really cheesy storylines, which is one of the reasons I watch it, because the storylines are funny and it is supposed to be entertainment after all.

The injuries these athletes suffer during their careers have long term affects on their lives and to us it probbly makes us wonder if it's worth it, but to these guys wrestling is in their blood. The passion that these guys have for what they do usually comes down to the fact that generations of their own family have wrestled before them.
Old 14-11-2005, 19:19   #101
God Member

Yes there is entertainment value to it but is the cost worth it?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 14-11-2005, 20:56   #102
Senior Member+

welllllll thats to the entertainers risk...

back in the 80's there was a drive to shut it down based on health of the athlete's but nope

thing is back in those days u just had ur standard sted's etc but now u have soo many different muscle makin products most that are illegal that olympic athlete's get away with using em let alone wwe stars...

and with vince bein vince i'm sure there's "necessary" pressure applied to make a wrestler think twice about not using em

HHH has only toned down now after becomin vince's son in law knowin he's contract safe...
Old 15-11-2005, 01:11   #103
I am Banned

just watching raw now and it started with a tribute to eddie , its repeated later in the week

aww the big show just came down to his match still crying from the tribute i suppose after all theyears they spend on the road together they become just like family to each other

Last edited by chav1; 15-11-2005 at 01:13.
Old 15-11-2005, 10:54   #104
God Member

Not exactly a happy family but a family when they are far from their own. They also know it could have easily been them.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 15-11-2005, 14:03   #105
God Member

I don't mind admitting I shed quite a few tears myself last night while watching the tributes to Eddie. The pure hurt and loss in the eyes of his wrestling mates was unbearable, because that's what he was in essence, to us as fans he was a wrestling superstar and an excellent entertainer, but those guys last night had lost a very close friend! He really will be sadly missed!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..