Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2009, 13:36   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Appreciating Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
The Music alone was an assault on me ears!!!

I guess its a nationwide problem these days though is'nt it. Lets be honest, i bet not one of us on here would now say that they would feel comfortable and safe walking home on their own late at night, i certainly dont! Always use a taxi now.

Best Regards - Taggy
Excuse Me Taggy, music what music
Old 07-03-2009, 13:39   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Walk from gt harwood to accy around midnight quite often and feel fine.

Paranoia and ignorance - accy is nowhere near that bad get a grip people.
Its a bit silly to make a satement like that at your age, it may just come back to bit you on the bum, and a lot sooner than you think
Old 07-03-2009, 13:43   #18
Caz
God Member

Quote:

There are people on here who have been subject to to violence and assault, and not just night time either. It's happened more than once with my lot. Paranoia & ignorance. Don't think so.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 16:02   #19
God Member

paranoia and ignorance ?

take it from someone who knows folk who have been stabbed , mugged and murdered that you are the one been ignorant if you think accys streets are safe

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 18:15   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:

Walking about maybe safe ( in your opinion) but trust me working in any area of retail in Accy is far from safe; I suggest you open your eyes next time you out shopping in Acc and have a long hard look around you! ( keep your hand on your wallet as well though!)
Old 07-03-2009, 18:48   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

i would love someone to get a grip of you, would soon change yer opinion.
Old 07-03-2009, 19:39   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i would love someone to get a grip of you, would soon change yer opinion.
a bit harsh lol

people do seem to think there isnt a problem though until it happens to them

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 07-03-2009, 20:06   #23

i work in accrington town centre till 7pm it was till 10pm but they changed it last year, we are the only shop open until that time and even though i have panic buttons i still sometimes get that feeling that im not safe, especially as i have to lock up the store in the dark when there are still people on the street. i usually get gangs of teenagers in who between 8 of them buy one thing and swear and make a mess of the place. i do tell them to clean up after themselves and to stop swearing and if they get out of line i do ask them politley to leave but its only a matter of time before they tell me what to do and start giving me abuse. then i either walk to the bus stop and wait for the bus in the dark which again is pretty intimidating, most of the time my fella has to pick me up as he doesnt like me walking to the bus stop and he isnt even from accy but yet he knows how pretty bad it can get. its bnad to say this about my home town i know but at the end of the day i do feel threatened half of the time.
carla d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 20:08   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats cos ya dont get about much, i know fer fact theres guns around accy, n theres a few on here know of my experience of this.

maybe we should carry guns just to feel safe!
Old 07-03-2009, 20:08   #25

and yeah there are people with guns as i know a few who have them.
Old 07-03-2009, 20:12   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carla d View Post
luckily pounland dont sell bullets so were safe j/k

Old 07-03-2009, 20:14   #27
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Have you reported that fact to the police? I know I certainly would if I knew someone owned a gun!

- Oscar Wilde
Old 07-03-2009, 20:19   #28

i like my life at the moment so i wont, i know they havent used them as its for show i would if i knew they had used them.
Old 07-03-2009, 20:22   #29
Caz
God Member

Quote:
i like my life at the moment so i wont, i know they havent used them as its for show i would if i knew they had used them.

Get real. If you know someone who owns guns, and presumably not the type of people who go huntin'/shootin'/fishin'/, I would say it was your public duty to inform the police.

Lots of people carry guns & knives supposedly for show....then they use em.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 07-03-2009, 20:22   #30
God Member

Quote:
sorry cant resist coz somone will say it ..

why not reportthem before they get chance to use them

mind you i dont blame you not reporting them , mainly because your picture is on here and your saying you know people who have guns

not having a go at you but you never know whos reading this site

edit:

somone beat me to it lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..